What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

I think its close but the LAC starting 5 is better due to having Kawhi who is much better than anyone on our team right now. Kawhi would be hard for us to stop with shooters around him. Plus Kawhi could smother whoever is playing the best for us and Butler could play really good defense on our next best. Gobert would be a handful for them on the boards though.

So Conley DM and Gobert is what to you? Not to mention Favors and Ingles being really good as well, not to mention the jazz having better team chemistry.

Leonard can’t lock everyone down, but Gobert and Favors certainly can. Ingles makes Gobert and Favors more formidable, my only concern is Jazz bench vs theirs. But... I’ll take our starting 5 over that proposed starting 5 for LA.

So Conley DM and Gobert is what to you? Not to mention Favors and Ingles being really good as well, not to mention the jazz having better team chemistry.

Leonard can’t lock everyone down, but Gobert and Favors certainly can. Ingles makes Gobert and Favors more formidable, my only concern is Jazz bench vs theirs. But... I’ll take our starting 5 over that proposed starting 5 for LA.
What? Favors and Gobert can't lock everyone down.

I think our lineup is really especially if we have internal growth. I just favor the guy who is top 3 in the NBA and 2x finals MVP with great players around him over an up and coming team. I'm sure it would be a competitive series. Hopefully it just doesn't happen though

What? Favors and Gobert can't lock everyone down.

I think our lineup is really especially if we have internal growth. I just favor the guy who is top 3 in the NBA and 2x finals MVP with great players around him over an up and coming team. I'm sure it would be a competitive series. Hopefully it just doesn't happen though

I’m pretty sure you are making the same mistake everyone else in the nba makes. Gobert is a top ten player in his own right, and he will be even better on offense this year with the addition of Conley.

Gobert absolutely can lock down an entire team. No one goes inside when he’s on the floor. The jazz are league wide bad without Gobert on defense, with we are a top defense in the league. Put Gobert with the rest of the jazz starters is lethal.

IMO you are wrong. I did however say the clips would have a bench advantage. Not sure why you are underestimating our starting 5. Lmao.

I’m pretty sure you are making the same mistake everyone else in the nba makes. Gobert is a top ten player in his own right, and he will be even better on offense this year with the addition of Conley.

Gobert absolutely can lock down an entire team. No one goes inside when he’s on the floor. The jazz are league wide bad without Gobert on defense, with we are a top defense in the league. Put Gobert with the rest of the jazz starters is lethal.

IMO you are wrong. I did however say the clips would have a bench advantage. Not sure why you are underestimating our starting 5. Lmao.

Im not underestimating our team. Its more likely you are a bit of a homer and overrating out team. Gobert cant lock down an entire team. Gobert is an elite rim defender, the best in the NBA. Kawhi is an elite wing defender and can protect inside really well on top of that. Gobert is not good on switches onto the wing. I think Gobert is close to top 10. I would probably put him top 15 though. Either way Kawhi is top 3, which is a big difference. Kawhi has no weakness to his game, Gobert does. Its also easy to get switches and other things to pull Gobert away from the rim in a playoff series. Butler is also top 15-20 player in the NBA and better at this point than Mitchell. Although Mitchell could change that this year.

Again ill take the experience star player with a good team around him if I was betting. But I hope we step up and improve. We could be better.

But the point is that team would be scary and I hope it doesnt happen. I hope Butler stays with the 76ers or stays East and Kawhi stay with Toronto or stays East.

If he signs for that little ill be a little grumpy. Jazz would have enough room to sign him and really make some other good moves. Oh, well. Conley is better this year. Although I am not sure DLo plus other players we could have signed and players wouldnt be better than Conley. Although DLo might still choose to play with Lebron and the Lakers over us.

If he signs for that little ill be a little grumpy. Jazz would have enough room to sign him and really make some other good moves. Oh, well. Conley is better this year. Although I am not sure DLo plus other players we could have signed and players wouldnt be better than Conley. Although DLo might still choose to play with Lebron and the Lakers over us.

Defense my friend, defense. That was the cherry on top for us signing Conley.

I hope he wins summer league mvp, giving GS a false sense of security to the point they give him a contract.
I hope he goes back to China to be a star again. I want to watch him over there. Maybe challenge him to a game, lol.

If he goes to GS, knowing them, they will get the most out of him and he will be a knockdown shooter for them.

How quickly will LeBron want to trade DLo? If that is their last non-minimum player they add I am not scared of the Lakers.