What's new

Nikola Mirotic

230uvm.jpg

230ux5.jpg

230uyb.jpg

230uz4.jpg

230v05.jpg
No Curtis Borchardt?

Has a plan like this ever worked out for the Jazz?
Also, the Jazz may not have the cap room to go after him. Even if Utah doesn't get Mirotic before the deadline, couldn't a trade still be worked out this summer? Chicago picks up his option and then trades him for Burks? That way, both teams can see what happens in the draft. If the Jazz somehow make the playoffs, or even finish in the 12-14 range, Jazz could draft a player for Chicago and then include the righgts to that player in a trade.

And the Stepien rule doesn't apply when you make a pick and trade the rights to that player and not the pick itself.

Maybe the jazz want to keep their players happy. Rudy and donovan might be the type of guys who are happiest when they are winning.
So the jazz got hill to keep hayward happy. Maybe they should get Mirotic to keep gobert and donovan (and everyone else) happy by being a good team.

Keeping everyone happy isnt a winning formula. I hope DL has learnt from the Benedict situation.

There can be no doubt that Favs is on the trading block. The decision will be, is getting a player back better for us in terms of talent and cap space or is letting him wal at the end of the year better. That is not near as easy of a decision of folks make it seem. As for playing 4 versus 5, I think Favs has adapted really well. I would bet that he is very happy at the 5 as long as he gets to play. Dont see that as an issue at all.

Getting a player back is often worse. Cap space flexibility can be a good thing.

Getting a player back is sometimes worse, not often worse. In the case of the Jazz history it is why we have failed to prevail. We have a history of not dealing good players even when they give indication that they are not going to resign. Paul Millsap (rising star), Al Jefferson (In his prime) and Gordon Hayward. You may have heard of these guys. Not sure if you actually pay attention to the business side of basketball, but these are just a few that we refused to deal even when we had strong belief they were not resigning. It is 100% of the time never a good decision to let a young talent or homegrown player with star status (at the time) or star potential walk without receiving something in return. 100% never a good idea.

Millsap didn't play next to Boozer to stretch the floor (what?), Sloan played them together because he was finding ways to get his best players the most minutes.

Pretty immaterial to all of this but whatever.
Millsap didn't play next to Boozer to stretch the floor (what?), Sloan played them together because he was finding ways to get his best players the most minutes.

Pretty immaterial to all of this but whatever.
Ok, let me explain, this time pay attention. I am unwilling to draw pictures in crayon just so you "NUMBERICA" can understand. I didn't say that he only played Millsap and Boozer for that purpose. I mentioned that he would play a lineup (a lineup in basketball consists of 5 players because if you only play 2 players the officials wont let you play). A lineup. A lineup. 5 players. Boozer - thats #1, and Boozer was a PF not a Center, but Sloan placed him at the C (RARE in those days, hence my post) Paul Millsap - that's # 2 also a PF. Oh I'm sorry let me break down; a PF, that means Power Forward, would have taken you until 2026 to understand that. Kirilenko Player # 3. Are you recognizing the pattern yet? 1, then 2, then......?? Come on....... that's right 3 is next. Your mother must be proud of you! Place a golden star upon your head, your doing great! I'm going to hit you with a big number this time. Kyle Korver #4 (4 is a much bigger number that what you can count to, but keep up the good work!) playing outside his SF position for SG, and D-Will being the final player at number 5. Congratulations! You learned that a basketball lineup consists of 5 players today. Don't be frightened by the high numbers we learned today. This was a lineup that was rare for those days, you wouldn't remember because it was like 8 years ago and your not that smart now, going in the past is regression of intelligence for you. And to bring up you final argument. Yes you are right, the coach was finding ways to get the best players the most minutes, isn't that what they are supposed to do no matter what rotation they are playing??

Here's a conversation from RealGM's trade and transactions baords. What do you guys think:

stitches said:
phraoh said:
Favors and Hood would fit great on the Cavs, but not Rubio. Utah fans...what do you think the Jazz would want for those two as they are both on their last year, and Favors definitely is not in the Jazz plans, and Hood would cost the Jazz $$$ on the offers he would receive for them to match. Does a Frye, Crowder, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? Or a Frye, IT, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? If Cavs included IT, they would either have to have made a deal for Hill, or it becomes a 3 way with Kings.
I don't see the Jazz having interest in IT. The Crowder+Cavs 1st(+filler? Frye?) might be intriguing since they seemed to have interest in Crowder in the summer. This way they can use the Cavs 1st to give to CHI for Mirotic and allow Chicago to get only expirings back with no long-term money commitment.

In essence it would be something like this:
UTA gets Mirotic, Crowder
CHI gets Frye, Joe Johnson, CLE 1st
CLE gets Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood

How does that sound? It went through the trade machine: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8726jja

I will post that one on our board to see what other Jazz fans think.

Thoughts?

Here's a conversation from RealGM's trade and transactions baords. What do you guys think:

Thoughts?
Are you kidding me? Thats a dream come true. We get our perfect stretch four, a versatile tough hard nosed guy that plays well on both ends of the floor and get to keep our pick? Yes please.

Thoughts?
I’d probably do it. I’d like to get a little more, though, if we’re tossing in Hood.

I’d probably do it. I’d like to get a little more, though, if we’re tossing in Hood.
Tossing in hood is wonderful. He just gonna walk or be overpaid anyway.

Thoughts?
I like it. Trading Favors and Johnson to test drive Mirotic is very smart, since their value as assets expire in less than 3 weeks. Loosing Hood leaves us with another hole to fill, but there is a very real chance we loose him next summer anyway. Crowder helps to plug the hole Hood leaves behind. And we keep our lottery pick.

I can see each team agreeing to the deal.

Edit: Unless DL is already working on something better.

Last edited:
Ok, let me explain, this time pay attention. I am unwilling to draw pictures in crayon just so you "NUMBERICA" can understand. I didn't say that he only played Millsap and Boozer for that purpose. I mentioned that he would play a lineup (a lineup in basketball consists of 5 players because if you only play 2 players the officials wont let you play). A lineup. A lineup. 5 players. Boozer - thats #1, and Boozer was a PF not a Center, but Sloan placed him at the C (RARE in those days, hence my post) Paul Millsap - that's # 2 also a PF. Oh I'm sorry let me break down; a PF, that means Power Forward, would have taken you until 2026 to understand that. Kirilenko Player # 3. Are you recognizing the pattern yet? 1, then 2, then......?? Come on....... that's right 3 is next. Your mother must be proud of you! Place a golden star upon your head, your doing great! I'm going to hit you with a big number this time. Kyle Korver #4 (4 is a much bigger number that what you can count to, but keep up the good work!) playing outside his SF position for SG, and D-Will being the final player at number 5. Congratulations! You learned that a basketball lineup consists of 5 players today. Don't be frightened by the high numbers we learned today. This was a lineup that was rare for those days, you wouldn't remember because it was like 8 years ago and your not that smart now, going in the past is regression of intelligence for you. And to bring up you final argument. Yes you are right, the coach was finding ways to get the best players the most minutes, isn't that what they are supposed to do no matter what rotation they are playing??
I see you're as dog-**** of a poster as ever. You said they used that lineup to "stretch the floor", but they didn't. Sorry you're (that's how you spell that word) mad.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I think Crowder has really fallen off. He has value but if we got Niko he’s the 4 and we can run Jonas and O’Neale there too. I’d move Crowder to a different team... I also don’t think they’d move him because he’s there to help when they play KD and Hood won’t help with that.

I think Crowder has really fallen off. He has value but if we got Niko he’s the 4 and we can run Jonas and O’Neale there too. I’d move Crowder to a different team... I also don’t think they’d move him because he’s there to help when they play KD and Hood won’t help with that.
Crowder at the 3.