What's new

Nikola Mirotic

Chicago isn’t expecting an unprotected pick. Right now they don’t even have a first rounder on the table.
They want a 1st; that's what the rumor is. If that's the case, we only have our currently projected lottery pick to offer. So "whatever it takes" is to give up our lottery pick. So let's say we protect it top-3 and we end up with the 7th or 8th pick and someone like Knox, Bridges, Jackson, etc. is on the board.

Sorry, I'd rather have a young player who we control for 7 years and who is on a cheap rookie deal (which potentially leaves Utah with lots of cap space). Chicago has to flinch. They don't want Mirotic and certainly don't want to pick up his option. Unless we get a late pick from a contender for Favs or Hood, this is a no-brainer. You don't offer a 1st for Mirotic.

Last edited:
They want a 1st; that's what the rumor is. If that's the case, we only have our currently projected lottery pick to offer. So "whatever it takes" is to give up our lottery pick. So let's say we protect it top-3 and we end up with the 7th or 8th pick and someone like Knox, Bridges, Jackson, etc. is on the board.

Sorry, I'd rather have a young player who we control for 7 years and who is on a cheap rookie deal (which potentially leaves Utah with lots of cap space). Chicago has to flinch. They don't want Mirotic and certainly don't want to pick up his option. Unless we get a late pick from a contender for Favs or Hood, this is a no-brainer. You don't offer a 1st for Mirotic.
You protect the pick or give them next year’s. Then cue the panic of “OMG what if we need to trade that pick?!”

I see you're as dog-**** of a poster as ever. You said they used that lineup to "stretch the floor", but they didn't. Sorry you're (that's how you spell that word) mad.

Thank you for your very kind words and for the correction of my spelling error. First mistake I have ever made in my life! Being face to face I have a great feeling that you would choose to refrain from the sarcasm that you have decided to regurgitate out of the garbage dispenser in the middle of your face that you call a mouth . They did stretch the floor. I'm sure you can't remember being the young infantile that you are, but luckily for me math never lies. From 2004-2006 the Jazz shot around 10 3-point fg's per game, making 3.4 of them, shooting under 33% 3 pt made Once the non existing line up you have heard me speak so highly of came into play in the team averaged 5.5 3-pts made, attempting 14.6 with a 36.4 % 3 pt %. (Just so you know, those are higher numbers) Why are we still talking about this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Orleans and Chicago had a deal for Nikola Mirotic, but it&#39;s fallen apart for now, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="">January 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. Made a ton of sense for NO. Bring in Niko and pass on Boogie next year. That injury is just too risky.

But the main thing with NO is Davis doesn't want to play the 5. I'm sure that's why the deal fell apart.

Wow. Made a ton of sense for NO. Bring in Niko and pass on Boogie next year. That injury is just too risky.

But the main thing with NO is Davis doesn't want to play the 5. I'm sure that's why the deal fell apart.

The report is saying the deal fell apart temporary because Chicago needs to pick up the Team option first.

Mirotic and Davis should easily play together with Niko getting alot of open looks playing with Davis ,this will be a good move by the Pelicans

Our first round pick > Niko

I doubt that, but even if true its pretty easy to make it lottery protected. The only way that pick is better than Niko is if it lands in the top 7 or we get incredibly lucky on the pick.

Which is why its pretty easy to lottery protect it and that makes it worth it for both teams.

Mirotic is one of the top 5 best stretch 4s in the league. Very few guys can shoot as well as him, rebound, handle the ball and play defense anywhere near his level. He might be the best player to put next to Gobert. Obviously Davis or Porz might be better but we are not getting them. Kuzma or Markkanen have the potential to be better but we are also no getting them. I put Mirotic above Love, LA, Carmelo, Saric, Anderson and others as a better fit and/or player for the Jazz.

I doubt that, but even if true its pretty easy to make it lottery protected. The only way that pick is better than Niko is if it lands in the top 7 or we get incredibly lucky on the pick.

Which is why its pretty easy to lottery protect it and that makes it worth it for both teams.

Mirotic is one of the top 5 best stretch 4s in the league. Very few guys can shoot as well as him, rebound, handle the ball and play defense anywhere near his level. He might be the best player to put next to Gobert. Obviously Davis or Porz might be better but we are not getting them. Kuzma or Markkanen have the potential to be better but we are also no getting them. I put Mirotic above Love, LA, Carmelo, Saric, Anderson and others as a better fit and/or player for the Jazz.
Yep. Not sure what our game plan is as it's pretty clear we're not that interested in him unless we pick him up for scraps. If you were to look at a list of "our biggest needs," a stretch four is an essential on that list. You survey the landscape of the league and realize we can't land one of those, then one of the best ones is available for a low cost and we think "nah, too much."

It kind of reminds me of last year's squad needing rebounding and size off the bench and our response, even when someone like Bogut was there for the taking on waivers, was "nah, bro, we'll Diaw it."

Yep. Not sure what our game plan is as it's pretty clear we're not that interested in him unless we pick him up for scraps. If you were to look at a list of "our biggest needs," a stretch four is an essential on that list. You survey the landscape of the league and realize we can't land one of those, then one of the best ones is available for a low cost and we think "nah, too much."
Im guessing our FO is overvaluing our players and picks. The biggest knock on our FO is that.

It kind of reminds me of last year's squad needing rebounding and size off the bench and our response, even when someone like Bogut was there for the taking on waivers, was "nah, bro, we'll Diaw it."
I assume they thought Favors would get healthy last year at some point. They were wrong about that.

I was actually hoping the Jazz landed Niko. Maybe they are making a play for Jabari Parker? I think that is the only player I would think could be a better fit than Niko.

Note: I know nothing. I just want a team with a bit of offense. Is that too much to ask?