What's new

Nikola Mirotic

The Bulls beat writer who first reported the Bulls/Pels trade said it in a cable news interview. He didnt say force, just that the Jazz is his preferred destination so it's part of the reason why he is making the Pelicans trade difficult.
How did you end up seeing it?

The Bulls beat writer who first reported the Bulls/Pels trade said it in a cable news interview. He didnt say force, just that the Jazz is his preferred destination so it's part of the reason why he is making the Pelicans trade difficult.

The Mirotic to Utah, Asik to Bulls and Favors to NO makes too much sense. Favors doesn't provide outside shooting like Boggie but he could be a good center alongside Davis. Favors defense would help them (unlike Mirotic) and on offense Davis would have to sacrifice a bit and make plays from the perimeter (which he can do just fine).

I would trade Hood and JJ for Mirotic if thats really what they want. Unless we are getting better offers for Hood, but I would have to see those.

Jazz being the preferred destination for a quality player under contract with another team...when was the last time that happened?
And notice I said under contract, so JJ doesn't count. Don't remember anyone ever saying they wanted to go to Utah.

What? We wont trade Hood for Mirotic but we are offering Ingles. I find that suspicious.
Yeah, I don't really buy that, kinda seemed like he was just tossing names around like a fill-in-the-blank player.

Ingles isn't a superstar, but he's one of the better glue guys that is all about this team and the Jazz aren't hurt by his cap number.

Yeah, I don't really buy that, kinda seemed like he was just tossing names around like a fill-in-the-blank player.

Ingles isn't a superstar, but he's one of the better glue guys that is all about this team and the Jazz aren't hurt by his cap number.

Ingles for Mirotic straight up does work though... Man that would probably be worth it but I would be bummed to lose Ingles. I think I would prefer to give up Hood, I am guessing most fans feel that way as well.

If we suffer from a recency bias, then maybe DL wants to keep the guys that blew out the best team in the league, maybe he’ll send Hood over for Niko. I’d do it. Then again, I’d view Mitchell, Gobert and Mirotic a solid 2.5 of a big three.

How many firsts are they giving is with Mirotic and Lauri to get Ingles 6 or 7... I still say no.

I'm assuming the Jazz didnt want to trade Hood probably because they want to keep him to use in another trade. The Jazz are probably just trying to wait out the Bulls and get him for Favors. I'm still surprised a 3-team trade has happened, but maybe the Jazz don't want to do the deal w/ the Pelicans by giving them Favors.

I'm assuming the Jazz didnt want to trade Hood probably because they want to keep him to use in another trade. The Jazz are probably just trying to wait out the Bulls and get him for Favors. I'm still surprised a 3-team trade has happened, but maybe the Jazz don't want to do the deal w/ the Pelicans by giving them Favors.
I think that’d be very short-sighted reasoning but possible with GM-think. We could hold out on the Bulls but he damn near got traded today to someone completely unexpected. I honestly don’t think we have that strong of interest.

I think that’d be very short-sighted reasoning but possible with GM-think. We could hold out on the Bulls but he damn near got traded today to someone completely unexpected. I honestly don’t think we have that strong of interest.

I agree with you. I think the Jazz are willing to take him for basically nothing, but they really don't want to give up an asset. They know Chicago doesn't want Niko