What's new

Nikola Mirotic

I think that’d be very short-sighted reasoning but possible with GM-think. We could hold out on the Bulls but he damn near got traded today to someone completely unexpected. I honestly don’t think we have that strong of interest.
I agree, I think it is a terrible decision from GMs to worry about sending players to competing teams. I would get the best deal possible, regardless of which team that is.

I think that’d be very short-sighted reasoning but possible with GM-think. We could hold out on the Bulls but he damn near got traded today to someone completely unexpected. I honestly don’t think we have that strong of interest.
Yeah, but maybe DL knew this would all happen?

Sometimes you just decide what you want and let chips fall. I feel like that's where DL is at. Maybe it comes back around. Many times it does once you remove emotion.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

My guess. Hood will be traded. Probably for a 1st. That pick will go to Chicago for Mirotic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, but maybe DL knew this would all happen?
I think that may be giving him a bit too much credit. I don’t mean that as a slight. There are probably a lot of things they know that we would never be aware of but at the end of the day it’s as crazy a business as any, with multiple variables, multiple individuals and personalities, and a lot of chaos with likely a lot less predictability than the lay observer would assume.

All I know, is that I’m not sure the Jazz should match the offer the Pelicans made.

It was more than I expected them to get for him. If they can manufacture a first from a Favors trade, I’d be okay with that, but I don’t want them to overspend for a possible one year rental.

All I know, is that I’m not sure the Jazz should match the offer the Pelicans made.

It was more than I expected them to get for him. If they can manufacture a first from a Favors trade, I’d be okay with that, but I don’t want them to overspend for a possible one year rental.
The guy doesn’t want to lose his bird rights and by all accounts wants to be here. I think everyone is insecure and butt hurt that everyone feels we need a draft pick we can “control” for seven years. People think Niko will either suck or he’ll bail.

Here’s a thought: Hayward was dreaming about Boston while under contract with us. There’s a guy out there under contract with Chicago and you know who he’s thinking about?

The guy doesn’t want to lose his bird rights and by all accounts wants to be here. I think everyone is insecure and butt hurt that everyone feels we need a draft pick we can “control” for seven years. People think Niko will either suck or he’ll bail.

Here’s a thought: Hayward was dreaming about Boston while under contract with us. There’s a guy out there under contract with Chicago and you know who he’s thinking about?
Signing to Utah when he's a free agent?

It’s not just about control, brosephine. It’s a lot about price, too.

The difference between a STRETCHY 4 and a STRETCHY-PLAYMAKING 4 for this team will be huge. Look at what Boris did for Rudy’s offense last year as evidence. It would also take the pressure off our perimeter guys, who could then be more drilled-in on establishing a rugged perimeter defense. We are at our best when we are guard dogs: intense on the perimeter.

Niko isn’t that playmaker

The difference between a STRETCHY 4 and a STRETCHY-PLAYMAKING 4 for this team will be huge. Look at what Boris did for Rudy’s offense last year as evidence. It would also take the pressure off our perimeter guys, who could then be more drilled-in on establishing a rugged perimeter defense. We are at our best when we are guard dogs: intense on the perimeter.

Niko isn’t that playmaker
Ok. Do you have any names or just a hypothetical? Boris was a guy who played PG at different points in his career and averaged 4.6 assists per 36 for his career. You have some guys like that in mind that also shoot respectable and are obtainable? Mirotic's playmaking is underrated. No, he's not Diaw. Neither is anyone else, though. And if the argument is that playmaking would stretch the floor enough to negate poor spacing from bad shooting, I submit evidence of Ricky Rubio.

I still want Niko. I do. It's irrational. I really think he's gonna blow up in our system. I think he'll also bring out the best of Gobert and Rubio both of them need space to operate. Then we can unleash Udoh/Bradley as our backup C.

I am gonna miss Favors when/if he gets traded - he was a soldier who always had his teams back and played injured for a full year. However, he is too good to be a backup Center. And he is not a Power Forward in this 2018 NBA Jam version of the Association.