What's new

Nikola Mirotic

I assume they thought Favors would get healthy last year at some point. They were wrong about that.
Even with Favors healthy, we had no option off the bench (Withey was in Snyder's dog house and doesn't count). Making a waiver claim on Bogut made too much sense. Niko makes too much sense. Rubio made no sense.

Also, Niko is traveling with Bulls to Portland.

Maybe they are making a play for Jabari Parker? I think that is the only player I would think could be a better fit than Niko.

Note: I know nothing. I just want a team with a bit of offense. Is that too much to ask?

Man I hope so. Maybe we are sitting on our hands because we want to see what Jabari looks like before the deadline.

Or Kevin Love... but I don't see that happening.

I wouldnt be opposed to Love but I think Mirotic is a better fit for us. His age fits in better, his play style fits in better and Mirotic is a better shooter and defender. Plus the cost of acquiring Mirotic seems much lower than Love. I also think Mirotic is likely to stay here longer than Love would. They both expire after next year and I have doubts about Love wanting to stay in Utah based on his history.

I was actually hoping the Jazz landed Niko. Maybe they are making a play for Jabari Parker? I think that is the only player I would think could be a better fit than Niko.

Note: I know nothing. I just want a team with a bit of offense. Is that too much to ask?

I dont think he is a better fit but he has the potential to be. I would be very happy if they trade for him. He has more play making potential and a lot of the things Snyder really wants in a 4, which is more than just a good shooter.

If the price is the same I would take the high risk high reward option of Parker over Mirotic. But if the price is a lot more I would have to think long and hard about it.

I wouldnt be opposed to Love but I think Mirotic is a better fit for us. His age fits in better, his play style fits in better and Mirotic is a better shooter and defender. Plus the cost of acquiring Mirotic seems much lower than Love. I also think Mirotic is likely to stay here longer than Love would. They both expire after next year and I have doubts about Love wanting to stay in Utah based on his history.

I agree. That's why I really wanted Niko. I thought he was going to blow up here like Memo did.

I view Kevin Love as have seen his best days behind him or close to it,he's 29 y o and TOTALLY relies on Lebron to get him his shots .It would be a terrible mistake for the Jazz to go after him.I would definitely want Mirotic 1st.

I view Kevin Love as have seen his best days behind him or close to it,he's 29 y o and TOTALLY relies on Lebron to get him his shots .It would be a terrible mistake for the Jazz to go after him.I would definitely want Mirotic 1st.

Kevin Love is a smart player with a lot of finesse. I think he could be an effective stretch 4 for quite a few years. If we are maximizing Rudy's prime, Kevin Love should be someone we look at bringing in - if the price is right of course.

DL is very prudential with our picks and cap space. Unless, of course, we are getting a point guard on a short contract. Then DL spends first round picks like he is on shore leave.

New Orleans and Chicago had a deal for Nikola Mirotic, but it's fallen apart for now, league sources tell ESPN.

Wow. Why do you think it fell apart?
NO didn't want to pay him for sure next year, so basically if he had to waive his clause to be guaranteed not to make $12.5 next year. Niko didn't want to give up the chance somebody else would pick up his option..something like that.