What's new

Nikola Mirotic

He's not that good at the 4. The difference between the way Brad Stevens and Tyrone Lue utilize him is what is actually on display here.

Snyder would play Crowder at the 3 where he belongs, and he would be a good starter for us.

He started slipping under Stevens... not just a Lue thing. I think he is a bit overrated. If we could get him and Mirotic I’d be moving him to a different team... I think what we could get for him would be better than him.

He doesn’t suck and he’s worth his contract for sure... just think he went from underrated to overrated.

I posted this in the game thread but Mirotic is the 4th highest scorer in the NBA in 4th quarters this season with 6.7 ppg in the 4th. He is shooting 49% on 2.5 3 point attempts per game in the fourth.

Donovan Mitchell is the 9th leading 4th quarter ppg. That would be a great 4th quarter duo.

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&Period=4

Mirotic is also one of the best in the NBA at wide open 3 point shots. He is shooting 51.4% on those shots. Jazz get a lot of wide open 3 point shots. Which makes him a good fit.

I posted this in the game thread but Mirotic is the 4th highest scorer in the NBA in 4th quarters this season with 6.7 ppg in the 4th. He is shooting 49% on 2.5 3 point attempts per game in the fourth.

Donovan Mitchell is the 9th leading 4th quarter ppg. That would be a great 4th quarter duo.

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&Period=4
“Don’t overpay [i.e. give a first rounder] for a guy on a hot streak.”

“Don’t overpay [i.e. give a first rounder] for a guy on a hot streak.”

I think he is still good even if his shooting comes back down. He is still a really good shooter, and has been shooting well for his whole career. I think some of his bad seasons have been cold streaks/bad situations. I really wanted him before the season started. He is well worth a non lottery pick, but I also think we can make a trade the gets us him in a 3 way trade without giving up a pick. But I would be happy to give up a non lottery pick for him. Those picks are worth very little. Chances of a non lottery pick becoming better or even as good as Mirotic is highly highly unlikely.

I think he is still good even if his shooting comes back down. He is still a really good shooter, and has been shooting well for his whole career. I think some of his bad seasons have been cold streaks/bad situations. I really wanted him before the season started. He is well worth a non lottery pick, but I also think we can make a trade the gets us him in a 3 way trade without giving up a pick. But I would be happy to give up a non lottery pick for him. Those picks are worth very little. Chances of a non lottery pick becoming better or even as good as Mirotic is highly highly unlikely.
I’m with you 100%.

Then someone else will be available. Remeber he wants to come here, his fate will be in his own hands whether its this year or next. We just need to keeping blowing smoke up his *** via his managment.
Charles Barkley always wanted to play for Sloan.

Mirotic has had a great offensive rating his entire career and has been a net positive player every year of his career in the NBA. His shooting was a little low from 3 his rookie year but that is normal. The rest of the years has been great shooting for a big.

His catch and shoot 3s have been solid his whole career.

Plus unlike many big men that shoot well he can do more. He can put the ball on the floor and drive and he can make plays and create for himself.

Who is a better fit at the 4 next to Gobert? Mirotic is arguably the best fit. He is younger than Love, a better shooter right now, a more versatile player and a better defender.

There are some players with potential to be a better fit but they are just potential. Not that I would be opposed to going after one of those guys like Jabari.

Who is a better fit at the 4 next to Gobert? Mirotic is arguably the best fit. He is younger than Love, a better shooter right now, a more versatile player and a better defender.
And most importantly, out of any stretch four in the entire league, he’s the easiest to obtain. We cannot piss this away.

231zxb.jpg

232001.jpg

He started slipping under Stevens... not just a Lue thing. I think he is a bit overrated. If we could get him and Mirotic I’d be moving him to a different team... I think what we could get for him would be better than him.

He doesn’t suck and he’s worth his contract for sure... just think he went from underrated to overrated.
What are you talking about? He played better every year with Boston and post all-star stretch last season was some of his best ball. He didnt start slipping under Stevens. It is just a cavs thing.

Get him. Whatever it takes

What if an unprotected pick turned into a top-3; would you still say that was a good deal for him?
Chicago isn’t expecting an unprotected pick. Right now they don’t even have a first rounder on the table.