What's new

No lunch for Huckabee, Is it the same?

Well, it might depend on what we mean by "distant", when we refer to the distant past, but, say 50,000 years ago, besides modern humans, there were Neanderthals, (and most Europeans, and no black Africans, have some small amount of Neanderthal genes), the so-called Hobbits, and the Denisovans( many Southeast Asians and Australasians have some Denisovans genes. Such genes provided altitude tolerance to the Tibetans for instance), and maybe other subspecies(?) that we don't know of. And only modern humans remain.

https://www.seeker.com/our-connecti...d-other-ancient-humans-deepen-2169789944.html

I imagine Homo Sapiens are the human species that survived because they are the cruelest.

Utah is trying with the United Utah Party, but it will be a tough battle to make any kind of impression. I'm tempted to vote for any candidate of theirs that I can just to do my part to make a third party viable, but it would take every centrist in the state to decide to vote that way before it would matter (which is why most of them won't do it).
Yeah, I'm giving them serious consideration. I actually know one of the guys helping to organize the party (used to be in my ward).

"Yeah but Hillary."

LoL. Someday, one would hope, this will fade away from being the Trump apologist's go to deflection.

I'm not Hillary fan, in fact I pretty well despise her and her husband, and I wish she'd just go the hell away. But with that said, she's not remotely in this or any alternative universe as bad as Trump who is a complete narcissistic, amoral, intemperate, unqualified, dumb-as-nails, corrupt, authoritarian, incompetent, grade A 100% moron.

How does that make me a Trump apologist, I was just trying to make the point that no matter who got elected we were screwed. Hillary is a psychopatic compulsive liar, Trump is a narcissistic *****, both are equally dangerous.

By all means, if you believe in some attempt to form a scientifically valid definition of either species or race, present it. I guarantee you that there will be situations and exceptions where is does not apply.

There has always been interbreeding across any supposed dividing line of racial categories. Humans have always been a single population.

Humans love to line things up in simple categories. However, the world is complex and blurry, and these categories fail to portray this reality.

<rollseyes>

I used scientifically defined terms, but hey continue patting yourself on the back for finding out that a very few select genuses can mate and create mostly sterile offspring. Let's use, what, four off or five or six off outliers to throw out terminology. Those exceptions to the rule must override generally accepted taxonomical and biological terms amirite guis? There is no monotypic or polytiypic variation in Home sapiens either.

Sound case OB.

We have a centrist party, the Democratic party. They only seem left-wing compared to Republicans.
You mean the same party that had Barry Sanders finish second in the last presidential election, and in my opinion will likely have Elizabeth Warren as their nominee in 2020? No, thanks.

Edit: that being said, I certainly will watch and see who gets the nomination in 2020, and it's a centrist that I can respect will certainly give strong consideration to him or her.

You mean the same party that had Barry Sanders finish second in the last presidential election, and in my opinion will likely have Elizabeth Warren as their nominee in 2020? No, thanks.

Edit: that being said, I certainly will watch and see who gets the nomination in 2020, and it's a centrist that I can respect will certainly give strong consideration to him or her.

Love me some Barry Sanders.

Also the same party that nominated a true 'centrist' in Hillary Clinton. The democratic party is a big tent.

In terms of evolutionary survival, it could be said that intelligence breeds ruthlessness.

I'd place my bet on intelligence. Neanderthals likely weren't predecessors to modern humans like convention evolutionary theory predicts but were absorbed by sapiens until their maternal genes eventually died out due to survival of the fittest. This would have required the weaker sapien sex to be more attractive to both neanderthal and sapien males rather than some brutal species merely overpowering the other.

Interestingly, it is possible that somewhere in the world we might still have some neanderthal mDNA floating around.

Also the same party that nominated a true 'centrist' in Hillary Clinton. The democratic party is a big tent.

Yeah, that's why I said "a centrist that I can respect". If she had been someone else with similar policies I would likely have voted for her.

But the whole "democratic party is a big tent" statement is laughable. Where are the people that think there should be restrictions on abortion? Where are the people who think that social programs should be reduced? Where are the people who feel protecting religious rights are e.g. as important as protecting LGBT rights? Where are the people that think Clinton's email server is/was an issue of great concern? Etc. Etc. Etc. The democratic party is every bit as much "We like people who think like us" as the republican party is. They are knee-jerk in line with each other on a whole host of issues. Yes, there are a few moderates but in my opinion not any larger percentage than in the other party. And yes, while I do agree with democratics more than republicans on some issues, it's not nearly enough to make me feel like I would seriously ever feel I had a place in the "big tent".

What do you call a true “centrist”? Certainly not someone that brags about the US being involved with the death of a leader from a sovereign country in the fashion that she did.

I imagine Homo Sapiens are the human species that survived because they are the cruelest.

Well, I know I can't answer that. Seems like, where prehistory is concerned, there are always surprises, and apple carts getting turned over. Take the Denisovans. We didn't even know they existed until 2010, and they are only known from a single finger bone found in Denisova Cave, Siberia. Yet they contributed their genes to a percentage of present day humanity.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ated-with-the-mystery-denisovan-people-twice/

Last edited:
How do religious people view other humans such as Homo Sapiens or Homo Erectus? Do they go to heaven/hell along with homosapiens? Or do they have their own place? Are they viewed the same as animals?

Well, it might depend on what we mean by "distant", when we refer to the distant past, but, say 50,000 years ago, besides modern humans, there were Neanderthals, (and most Europeans, and no black Africans, have some small amount of Neanderthal genes), the so-called Hobbits, and the Denisovans( many Southeast Asians and Australasians have some Denisovans genes. Such genes provided altitude tolerance to the Tibetans for instance), and maybe other subspecies(?) that we don't know of. And only modern humans remain.

https://www.seeker.com/our-connecti...d-other-ancient-humans-deepen-2169789944.html

That the genes persist in modern humans show they were part of a the same population (there was interbreeding).

<rollseyes>

I used scientifically defined terms, but hey continue patting yourself on the back for finding out that a very few select genuses can mate and create mostly sterile offspring.

Are you just trolling, are you really that ignorant and spouting off like you done some serious reading on this?

Either way, I noticed you didn't present any definition of species or race. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true for Trump, and it's not true for you either.

So, put up or shut up. What's your "scientifically defined" notion of species, or race?

Let's use, what, four off or five or six off outliers to throw out terminology.

Let's recognize when terminology interferes with understanding instead of enhancing it.

There is no monotypic or polytiypic variation in Home sapiens either.

There all kinds of variation in Homo sapiens, much of it is visible and inheritable. Why are those useful for division into separate categories? Why are people with different skin colors different races, but those whose mother had the BRCA1 mutation versus those whose mother did not can be the same race?