What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

To me, talent wise, the Clippers have more basketball talent than the Suns. But the Suns play a more team oriented style, similar to the Spurs in 13/14 and Warriors (although this Suns team is nowhere near as talented, and experienced as those teams).

I'm interested to see what Monty does with Ayton tonight, because unlike Gobert, Porzingis, and Boban, the Clippers literally have no answer for Ayton offensively. They haven't been able to stop him at all in these first 3 games, save for the 2nd half of Game 3, and like I said, that wasn't even a lot to do with Ayton IMO.

They should run a lot of fist and Spain PnR that they perfected against Denver to drag Zubac out of the paint enough, like how they treated Jokic in the 2nd round. Post-up Booker on the block on Beverley, rather than trying to run him around screens.

The Suns never adjusted in Game 3 to how the refs were calling the game, and that is a HUGE typical issue with relatively young teams in the playoffs, and why young teams never experience success (rarely anyway).

One big thing to note is FT attempts. The Suns have 25 less FT attempts than the Clippers through 3 games, despite shooting nearly 30 fewer 3 point attempts, and dominating the paint.

If the Clippers get a similar whistle tonight, and the Suns don't adjust, this could be an ugly 20-30 point blowout for the Clippers IMO.
Good post.
I especially like your plan of posting booker up on Beverly.
And I also agree that the suns should feature/use Ayton more.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
To me, talent wise, the Clippers have more basketball talent than the Suns. But the Suns play a more team oriented style, similar to the Spurs in 13/14 and Warriors (although this Suns team is nowhere near as talented, and experienced as those teams).

I'm interested to see what Monty does with Ayton tonight, because unlike Gobert, Porzingis, and Boban, the Clippers literally have no answer for Ayton offensively. They haven't been able to stop him at all in these first 3 games, save for the 2nd half of Game 3, and like I said, that wasn't even a lot to do with Ayton IMO.

They should run a lot of fist and Spain PnR that they perfected against Denver to drag Zubac out of the paint enough, like how they treated Jokic in the 2nd round. Post-up Booker on the block on Beverley, rather than trying to run him around screens.

The Suns never adjusted in Game 3 to how the refs were calling the game, and that is a HUGE typical issue with relatively young teams in the playoffs, and why young teams never experience success (rarely anyway).

One big thing to note is FT attempts. The Suns have 25 less FT attempts than the Clippers through 3 games, despite shooting nearly 30 fewer 3 point attempts, and dominating the paint.

If the Clippers get a similar whistle tonight, and the Suns don't adjust, this could be an ugly 20-30 point blowout for the Clippers IMO.
Very solid Post.

I’d like to add that Booker needs to react better to Beverley. Beverley is in there to irritate him. He can’t get provoked into cheap fouls like he did in game 3. Phx might want to play cam Payne more too (if he’s healthy). he seems to play at a better pace than Paul. The quicker the Suns can get into their offense, the better.

Its almost like PG is tanking this game. Cant hit any shots but just jacks them up like crazy (1-7 from 3). Wish he would have done that against the jazz. And its not like the suns defense is making him miss, he is getting open looks and clanking them. Same with Kennard (0-3 on open 3's). He couldn't miss against us.

Reggie jackson is 0-4, paul george is 2-10, and luke kennard is 0-3.

I cant understand why the clippers dont play Mann more. Should start imo.

I think the Clippers are finally fatigued from playing every other day for the last month.

So many wide open 3's coming up well short.

I have grown tired of guys shooting the three ball and falling down hoping for a call. Cam payne just hit that long three and just laid himself on the ground literally without being touched at all.
Then complained about not getting the call lol.

Doordash said my order was delivered. I beg to differ.

Now I have to watch the 2nd half hungry while one of my neighbors eats my wings.

Lmao.
I did this once, as a grubhub driver. Looked back at the house address number as I was driving off realizing I had missed my target. I had rang the doorbell so the dude just grabbed the food and enjoyed a free dinner. My poor customer was pretty sad. I have never been in Frack did for accidents like this, but I know they always refund the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Clippers are resilient as **** if nothing else

Horrible turnover by Reggie Jackson and then an even worse foul by Mann. Fouls the best free throw shooter in the playoffs when your in the penalty.