What's new

Game Thread Nov 04, 2021 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 11-04-21

So message is clear: only LeBron is allowed to take 3+ steps going to the rim.

I think Paschall has done an admirable job in that role and we'll see how Gay comes back from injury....but Niang could have been a great value asset that we just let go. He's getting paid $3.3M a year for two seasons, barely over the minimum. Bertans got payed $80M over 5 years and I'm not sure he's even better than Niang. Bertans wasn't the only one who got paid either....Robinson, McDermott, and Kennard got the bag as well. I thought it was kinda crazy that Niang got as little as he did. Even if he's not as good as those guys he's getting a third or even closer to a fifth of what some exclusive shooter types got.

I was huge on resigning Niang. I don't think we're necessarily missing him because we're still playing well, but that was a good opportunity to lock down a rotation player for cheap. Nice to have cheap contracts on the books when you're entering repeater tax.

Naing was good in the regular season but disappeared in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an ugly game so far. Luckily the Hawks aren't hitting either.

Lack of focus so far...they just don't look ready to play.

Naing was good in the regular season but disappeared in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man...if I had a dime for every time said this. Nobody seems to care when someone else plays bad in the playoffs, mention how Niang played well in the playoffs just the year before, or care to explain why his playoff issues will continue versus having a bad playoff run. Players play horrible/great one year and play the opposite the next year.

The offense was barely alive and it died without Rudy out there.

Props to Mitchell for keeping it alive in non-Rudy mintues.

Conley has been so clutch at the end of quarters this season so far.