What's new

Game Thread Oct 16, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. New Zealand Breakers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-16-23

I'm not sure how I feel about the season now. Who knows.

Last year I expected nothing and wanted us to tank. We came out of the gate strong, and were a lot of fun.
It was a strange year, but I still feel it was a wasted opportunity.

Hendricks will be fine evnetually but he's really raw. I think he will get up to speed (literally) in the G League,
and start to put it together.

I gotta say the reports from Hawaii that Juzang looked good seemed accurate. He got his chance and really stood out to me in those closing lineups. That one drive with the left hand finish was just "wow" level play. I'm bummed the media team didnt have a tweet for that.

Even stuffed the statline with 7p/4a/3r/2s/1b and shot 75%.

I thought Hendricks is a rim protector?
Andy Larsen comped him to Jaren Jackson JR and he hasn't had a single block in 48 minutes of preseason play which includes 17 against an Aussie team....

Like I said in the draft thread, there are a lot of guys in the NBA who averaged 1.5 blocks per game in college and it absolutely did not translate to the NBA.

He's going to average like .7 blocks per 36 for his career probably. If you aren't an elite shot blocker it's extremely hard to consistently block shots in the modern NBA

Looked raw but had a few super sweet pullup shots from dribble and couple other small flashes.

He will be intriguing once he raises his floor but right now he looks like a lock to go to G League.
He looked like he may struggle to get separation a bit… he had a nice pass… defense was not great but he looked like he was competing.

Taylor needs to play with force… hard to do that when you are thinking too much. Might be g league all year unless lights click on… if we struggle out the gate TH and Sensabaugh reps will aid a tank… right now I don’t think either guy plays much this year.

Taylor needs to play with force… hard to do that when you are thinking too much. Might be g league all year unless lights click on… if we struggle out the gate TH and Sensabaugh reps will aid a tank… right now I don’t think either guy plays much this year.
Yeah that one 1vs2 drive where he stayed on the weakside guessing and didnt go between the guy and the basket was clearly a processing thing. Just didnt know what he is supposed to do as the 2nd defender.

He looked like he may struggle to get separation a bit… he had a nice pass… defense was not great but he looked like he was competing.
Wasn't that part of the scouting report coming out of college? I seem to recall it mentioned that he doesn't get a lot of separation, but still manages to get his shot off.

Yeah that one 1vs2 drive where he stayed on the weakside guessing and didnt go between the guy and the basket was clearly a processing thing. Just didnt know what he is supposed to do as the 2nd defender.
There’s been a couple times he should have swatted a guy but kinda froze. Get in the G League and get aggressive. I thought he did have a block last night though… must have been credited to someone else.
Wasn't that part of the scouting report coming out of college? I seem to recall it mentioned that he doesn't get a lot of separation, but still manages to get his shot off.
i think so… but it kinda jumped out at me against the Aussie team. Maybe he drops a few additional lbs (he looks slimmer already) and has a Keyonte glow up.