What's new

Game Thread Oct 27, 2023 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers

Added to Calendar: 10-27-23

I hope he can find consistency. Even this game he made some awesome passes. He took and hit solid threes. But also made some terrible drives and I dont know why but at least twice a game he cheats off his guy and the ball gets kicked and instead of just closing out he spins around like he is completely lost on the court to give up a wide three. He is a step ahead of Sexton though in consistency. That guy makes a great play and has to follow up with 2 dumb ones. He drives relentlessly when there is nothing there and plenty of guys to kick it out to.
I think sexton deserved about 4 more free throws than he got based on how the whistle was working on the other end but yes… both guys struggle with doing too much at times. THT got beat off the dribble a few too many times for my liking… in addition to the mental mistakes… both were better than Dunn… but I need more Keyonte… he’s been too good to play less than 25 minutes a night.

Only 22 minutes for Kessler in game 1 and 21 minutes tonight, only one block so far. Definitely not the start to the season I was expecting for him.
Yes things turn fast. He need time to improve, need patience with him. He got great potential but he is stil far from Rudy level despite some people may think.

We still got a lot of stuff to clean up especially on the guard play, but dominating the boards and murdering teams in second chance point differential is gonna give us some extra wins like this.

Sexton 0 assists total in two games kinda concerns me a bit tbh. First game tracking stats said he had the 2nd fewest passes made by the rotation players (only Ochai had less).

I think sexton deserved about 4 more free throws than he got based on how the whistle was working on the other end but yes… both guys struggle with doing too much at times. THT got beat off the dribble a few too many times for my liking… in addition to the mental mistakes… both were better than Dunn… but I need more Keyonte… he’s been too good to play less than 25 minutes a night.
Definitely need more Keyonte. I think the coach is pulling him a bunch to coach him up. But honestly I hate watching guys get pulled when they are playing well and make one mistake. I think that leads to worse play having to worry about getting pulled.

Dunn was bad in the first half but his defense and buckets in the 4th were solid.

We still got a lot of stuff to clean up especially on the guard play, but dominating the boards and murdering teams in second chance point differential is gonna give us some extra wins like this.

Sexton 0 assists total in two games kinda concerns me a bit tbh. First game tracking stats said he had the 2nd fewest passes made by the rotation players (only Ochai had less).
Other thing Sexton has struggled with that I think will come around is open threes. He was really good last year at making open threes. Super cold so far. I am sure he will improve in that area and I feel pretty confident that he will get back to something like 5 or 6 assists per 36. Both have been negative anomalies so far imo.

-It felt like we started the game with a concerted effort to pass the ball and play team ball. Gotta give THT a lot of credit for that, he was mostly good last night.
- Sexton is so fun to watch, but also so hard to watch at times. I love him, but don't know what to do with him.
- Clarkson with the clutch gene.

This is a pretty cool quote from Hardy. Our rotations looked a lot better this game. It was almost like we were playing front court pairs vs back court pairs with Collins and KO playing next to each other and Lauri and Kessler playing next to each other.
I didnt see them playing as pairs. I thought Collins played plenty with Lauri and Kessler as well.

What has been more curious to me has been the fact that while we thought Hardy would stagger Collins and Kessler minutes, instead he has actually staggered KO and Kessler thus far. I think it has to have something to do with perimeter and transition defense. Last game I think KO and Kessler subbed for each other every single time. So we had one of the two on 100% but never both at the same time.

Good win against a decent team. We have a lot to work on though. JC hit some crazy tough shots - I feel lucky we won.

Sadly I didn't get to watch the first 2 games due to the ridiculous League Pass blackout rules where the Kings (what?) and Clippers (the hell??) are the 2 teams blacked out in my area.

Just based off the boxscore can one of you kind blokes please tell me what's going on with Kessler and Agbaji? It's only 2 games so understand it will take Hardy time to figure out the lineups. I had a feeling Kessler was going to lose minutes due to fit issues with Collins. What is going on with Ochai? I know he's not much of a facilitator type. Is that the reason his minutes seem lowered in order to get more playmaking/ballhandling on the floor?