What's new

Official Jazzfanz Poker Tournament and Viewing Party -- Game 3 -- 4-21 @ 4pm

Thank god
Trout is a fun addition to the game.

For me, meeting you is the most exciting aspect of this game.

Pics of the new tables and room tomorrow. I think it's pretty cool.

Jazz stole (does that word mean what I think it means?) one on the road! Game 3 is HUGE!

I know most of the talk is about the poker game but there's not going to be a better place and group of people to watch Game 3 short of the VSH Arena!

It's going to be like live chat but better and in 3D. Not to mention the chocolate fountain. I don't think they even do that at the arena.

@Jason has very generously donated $50 to help me cover the expense of hosting this game.

I really appreciate that. And while I'd be happy to use it to offset the cost of food and everything else I've decided I want to use it to spice up the action a little.

$20 prize for high hand of the night
$20 prize for the first person to take down a pot with 7-2
$10 prize for the first person to lose a hand with pocket AA

Here is the blind schedule I plan to use.

Keep in mind, this is intended as a fairly casual poker tournament and several of the players will be people who play little to no poker.

T5000 starting stack

1 -- 20min 25/50
2 -- 20min 50/100
3 -- 20min 75/150
(15min the rest of the way)
4 -- 100/200
5 -- 150/300
6 -- 200/400
7 -- 300/600
Break 15min color up T25 chips -- Rebuy period ends
8 -- 500/1000
9 -- 600/1200
10 -- 800/1600
11 -- 1k/2k
12 -- 1.5k/3k
13 -- 2k/4k
14 -- 3k/6k
Tournament Ends, Winners determined by chip count

I like longer blind levels the first few rounds because there tends to be a lot of limping early and I want the button to at least make it around the table once before the blinds go up.

There a pretty big jump after the break, partly because this needs to end in 4 hours.

Payouts will depend on how many people play. If one table we'll do top 3 at 50%/30%/20% if two tables we'll pay the top 4 at 45%/30%/15%/10% rounded to the nearest $5

@Jason has very generously donated $50 to help me cover the expense of hosting this game.

I really appreciate that. And while I'd be happy to use it to offset the cost of food and everything else I've decided I want to use it to spice up the action a little.

I know this is going to be fun because I have no idea what those last two mean.

I know this is going to be fun because I have no idea what those last two mean.

Super complicated. I'm not sure you'd understand. 7 is the card with the number 7 on it. 2 is another card, but that one has the number 2 on it. An A, also called an ace, is the best card!

Hope that helps.

Super complicated. I'm not sure you'd understand. 7 is the card with the number 7 on it. 2 is another card, but that one has the number 2 on it. An A, also called an ace, is the best card!

Hope that helps.

Dude, I work for the government. I'm not supposed to be smart.

Some clarification on how this will work.

$20 High Hand of the night
Must take down the pot.
Must be made before the hand ends (can't rabbit hunt to make the hand).
Must be recorded at the time it is shown. It is the players responsibility to make me aware that they have the current high hand.

$20 prize for taking down a pot with 7-2
Must be your hole cards.
Counts if everyone folds to you, does not require showdown.
Suited or not.
Must claim prize immediately after taking down the pot.

$10 Pocket aces cracked
Must be your hole cards. (obv)
Must go to showdown.
Must be claimed at time of showdown.

@Stoked

7-2 (seven-deuce) is the worst possible hand to be dealt in hold'em, even worse if they are not the same suit. So the prize is for winning a hand in which you were dealt 7-2. It spices up the action because people will be encouraged to play 7-2 when normally that's a pretty automatic fold.
Pocket Aces, on the other hand, is the best possible hand to be dealt. If you get AA and lose the hand you win the prize. Small consolation.

It is going to be important for us to start on time. Please arrive at least 15min early so we can get buy-ins and seating sorted and start the game at 4pm.

Gotta say I’m really pissed that I’m gonna miss this one.
It’s gonna be my daughters first night without me or my wife with her as some of my family members are coming to babysit on Saturday night so my wife and I can go to Wendover for a concert.

Gotta say I’m really pissed that I’m gonna miss this one.
It’s gonna be my daughters first night without me or my wife with her as some of my family members are coming to babysit on Saturday night so my wife and I can go to Wendover for a concert.
Yeah, I'm bummed too.

If the Jazz got the 3 seed I think they maybe would have played game 3 on the road on Sunday. That would have been perfect. As it is, I'm hosting when the Jazz play at home which isn't ideal.

But if the Jazz make a deep run I'll try to do another one. Let's say they go to WCF, I think that warrants another poker/viewing get together?