What's new

Official Paul Millsap Miami Heat Game Thread

Not to take away from Millsap, who was incredible, but let's not elevate him that high just yet.

I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the dumbest post posted on the new jazzfanz site. When talking about a single game performance being one of the greatest of all times for the Jazz, you say, "let's not elevate him that high just yet." What the hell does that mean? When do you elevate his performance against arguably 3 of the best players of the past decade who have the number one defense? Dude was as clutch as anyone will EVER be. His 3 3 pointers at the end and the put back along with him literally carrying the Jazz on his shoulders the whole game are remarkable and you want to refute that? Garbage, man. Pure garbage.

The Jazz winning tonight and Millsap's performance were nothing short of a miracle. I will never forget this game.

Last edited:
Really?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking about Stockton's 1997 Game 6, Malone's 1998 Game 5, Malone's 27-15-10 game (which was a thing of beauty), that time Mark Eaton got a triple double with something like 20 rebounds and 15 blocks, the time Malone scored 60+, etc.

Not to take away from Millsap, who was incredible, but let's not elevate him that high just yet.
Kicky? What else did millsap have to do to be elevated "that high just yet"
Nail some clutch outside shots?
Hit a game tieing buzzer beater?
Carry a team against the greatest assembled threesome of all time, clenching victory from the jaws of defeat?

Check, check, check

Tonight was not reminiscent of any basketball game i can recall, it was too amazing. Tonight was reminiscent of Rocky 4. Not in the fact that Rocky 4 was anygood, but facing the genetically engineered opponent saying "I will crush you" and then lighting him up.

Archie,

You just have to realize that some Jazz fans will always hold S&M as the pinnacle of greatest. To them no other Jazz player can reach the achievements of S&M. Millsap's performance certainly is one of the greatest individual games of all time. Millsap carried the team in the first half, brought them back in the 3rd quarter and made the majority of big plays down the stretch. I would argue that Millsap has a place right next to S&M great games. The only argument against it being better than Stockton's 97 or Malone's 98 game is that it was not the playoffs but as far as regular season goes it is in my Top 3.

Paul Millsap is a golden god. Someone up above compared him to Barkley, and that's not too far off, except that Millsap substitutes hard work for eating twinkies.

11-9-2010paulmillsap.jpg

I had to do this. Milsap I love you! I love you more than an overrated PF "all star" cough** Boozer** cough. I love you more than the Big 3 in Miami. Milsap you have taken my heart and it is now yours!! Share the love everyone! How much do you love Milsap?

I hope he cheats on you.

Sure wish we had the old Jazzfanz and could bump the thread about the FO matching Portland's offer for Paul. Those who thought we shouldn't have would be looking pretty silly after these first 7 games.

Millsap is what makes the NBA still worth watching. Sure we like to see superstars performing at their peak. But it's also great to see a lesser guy have an incredible night. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy than "Mrs. Bettye's son."

We should start a petition to change all Chuck Norris jokes going forward to Paul Millsap jokes.

When Paul Millsap does push ups he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the earth down.

Superman wears Paul Millsap pajamas.

Paul Millsap can win a game of connect four in three moves.

Paul Millsap doesn't breathe, he holds air hostage.

We should start a petition to change all Chuck Norris jokes going forward to Paul Millsap jokes.

When Paul Millsap does push ups he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the earth down.

Superman wears Paul Millsap pajamas.

Paul Millsap can win a game of connect four in three moves.

Paul Millsap doesn't breathe, he holds air hostage.

We did that years ago with Deron.

I predicted this in the beginning of his rookie season ...

Remember all the flack I got for saying Milsap was close to being better the Loozer, and I said young as he was with his yearly improvement he would be better? It crow all you Loozer Lovers like O Gat, Salty Dawg, etc.

I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the dumbest post posted on the new jazzfanz site.

Are you reading some other new jazzfanz site?

When talking about a single game performance being one of the greatest of all times for the Jazz, you say, "let's not elevate him that high just yet."

Actually, you wrote definitively that it was "the greatest," not "one of the greatest."

My point is merely that I don't believe that statement is true. I believe other Jazz players have had better individual games. Maybe not better individual quarters or 30 second runs, but better individual games.

What the hell does that mean?

Exactly what it says. By placing Millsap above all other games by all other jazz players ever you're denigrating those performances. Millsap's game was incredible. But it's not the de facto greatest ever just because it happened yesterday.

His 3 3 pointers at the end and the put back along with him literally carrying the Jazz on his shoulders the whole game are remarkable and you want to refute that?

I haven't done anything to denigrate his performance, but I will refute that he was literally carrying the entire Jazz team on his shoulders. Pics or it didn't happen.

The Jazz winning tonight and Millsap's performance were nothing short of a miracle. I will never forget this game.

Agreed. Neither will I.

Kicky? What else did millsap have to do to be elevated "that high just yet"

Have the best Jazz game of all time. That was the standard set.

Look, here's two of the games I mentioned.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199001270UTA.html

Karl Malone gets 61 points and 18 rebounds in 33 minutes on 81% shooting. That's pretty ****ing incredible. Put another way, Karl Malone outscored the Bucks five best players combined on that night.

Another game I mentioned that I can't get a boxscore for (because it's too long ago to be stored by my usual sources) is a five point win against Portland on January 18th 1985. Mark Eaton scored 12 points (6-6), had 20 rebounds, and 14 blocked shots. On the defensive end that's one of the most dominant statistical games of all time by any player regardless of team.

Millsap's game was amazing and his fourth quarter is one of the best I've ever seen, but I don't think history is going to look back on his 46 and 9 in a November regular season game as being the greatest performance in a Jazz uniform.

Carry a team against the greatest assembled threesome of all time

When did we play Chamberlain/Baylor/West or Russell/Havlicek/Cousy?

Paul Millsap is a golden god. Someone up above compared him to Barkley, and that's not too far off, except that Millsap substitutes hard work for eating twinkies.

This is the kind of hyperbole I'm talking about. I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say I don't expect Millsap to be the MVP anytime soon.