What's new

Official Public Declaration of Exums Future

What will Exum NBA career be?

• Total voters
I see elite level defense and court vision in him. His shot actually isn't horrid either. If he has the mental toughness to not let this and the next season break him, and he gains more strength, I think he will be an all star, and I think he can do all that.

He'll be fine. I'm not too worried about his process atm. Give him a few more years or so. Maybe Exum will explode next year like Gobert did. :cool:

If he works hard his big improvements will be coming during the offseason. He's slight and has little ability to score. Those things are hard to gain during the season when one is playing games all the time. I'm not really too concerned. He still has a ton of potential. People who work harder than most at their particular craft usually become pretty good. By all accounts, Exum is that type of dude.

I vote he will be a:
small-star.png

Once he starts looking to score he might get to the FT line. He never looks at the rim unless he is spotting up for a 3.

Year three. He's already flashed elite level defense. You don't do that if you're a wuss. His body isn't ready for NBA competition, and it's messing with his confidence. The Jazz are lucky that they might have the best player development coach in the league. Two full years under Snyder and two offseasons of hard work with Rudy, Favors and Hayward showing him how to be a professional about his development and I think he will be Rondo without the attitude issues or knee injury. I think that by year three he'll be considered one of the top PGs in the league. Especially since I expect the Jazz to power-build around their young core players here.

Lots of good stuff about exum in this thread. I think he will be that guy that joins hayward in leading the Jazz to deep playoff runs. Borderline superstar.

He'll be fine. I'm not too worried about his process atm. Give him a few more years or so. Maybe Exum will explode next year like Gobert did. :cool:

Had to google that one because atm means something different to me... Your use of atm made a lot more sense than mine.

As he gets stronger he will get faster, and as he ages he will become more aggressive. I'm not sure why people think he's not competitive. He's 19 and a pass first pg who has never played against men and now he's playing against the biggest strongest fastest most athletic men in the world and getting minutes he shouldn't be. Most guys as far along as X is get tons of DNP's and garbage mins. X has been thrown into the lions den and God ain't helping him in there so to speak. He will be great.

Had to google that one because atm means something different to me... Your use of atm made a lot more sense than mine.
Lololol

I voted average starter and okay pick mostly because he is showing some legit ability to keep guys in front of him and a very impressive defensive bball IQ. If you can defend, it's a lot easier for a coach to keep you on the floor. I wouldn't be shocked if he became an above average starter, nor would I be shocked if he were considered a bust based on his draft slot. He's so young it's just really hard to predict.

For those who are old enough to remember, my optimistic view sees him becoming something like Chicago Bulls version of Ron Harper. Big PG, not really dynamic or explosive athletically, not a great shooter, but respectable, very good defensively and while not a great playmaker with huge assist numbers, can get the ball to people and take care of the ball. His size at the PG spot will always be a major advantage. And hey, if he can be lucky enough to play with the 2020s version of MJ, he may win multiple titles!

I see clear signs of him being an above average starter. I don't think there are signs of anything greater than that ... YET. I'm not even seriously evaluating all aspects of his game until the middle of next year, and I don't expect a helluva lot until his third year.

Lots more people have called him a bust in other threads that are not putting their votes in yet. Wheres are the Exum haters at?

Lots more people have called him a bust in other threads that are not putting their votes in yet. Wheres are the Exum haters at?
I think lots of people have said he sucks right now in other threads.
I don't remember many, if any at all, calling him a bust just over halfway into his first season.
(Akmvp I guess)

I think you really need to go door-2-door.

I think lots of people have said he sucks right now in other threads.
I don't remember many, if any at all, calling him a bust just over halfway into his first season.
(Akmvp I guess)

Cy, is there anything you'd like to say right now?

Where is the option for league MVP or breaking Stockton's record? He has already show elite court vision as good as Jason Kidd plus has the size and length to make passes like reach around front or back flips that this two struggled with some times.

I cant stand how fans here slobber over Ricky Rubio but call Exum a bust. Guess what Exum is an elite defender and unlike. Rubio he can shoot and get to the line at will. He doesn't because Auinn is bringing him along a step at a time as he should.

This reminds me of when a young phenom name David Beckham came to Manchester as a trainee. People threw a wobbler when he was loaned to Preston North End. Some said he was a bust and others mad he wasn't playing first team on United. In the end it worked out pretty well using steady growth programme