What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Even with Miami sucking, more people care about Miami.

And get back to me when you manage to win a championship this century.

Being relevant has nothing to do with the size of your fan base.
Utes could have been National Champs twice 04 - 08, but the system held them back. Wasn't their fault and they were the only team that didn't lose those years.

"More people care about Miami."

Who were you referring to then?

Most people that care about college football. Duh.

Utah could go undefeated, and people would still rather hear about Miami. Just like the Lakers, they suck, but they're a nationally relevant team. You don't have to be good to be relevant.

If Utah went undefeated they would be more "relevant" than a 5-5 Miami team, I'm pretty sure of that. If anyone goes undefeated they become a huge news story.

Utah is always going to have a smaller core fan-base than Miami, of course and Utah will always play in worse Tv time-slots than Miami.

But just overall, if you go undefeated in college you will get talked about a lot and get hyped up a lot. Relevancy can come and go for anyone. Miami and other legacy programs will just gain it faster.

Vegas has utes as a 6.5 pt favorite tommorrow. Guess they havent watched us lately.

I heard on the radio that UCLA has like the 119th ranked defense or something.
And that josh Rosen might not play and the backup qb sucks. And they turn the ball over a lot but don’t force many turnovers.

And that josh Rosen might not play and the backup qb sucks. And they turn the ball over a lot but don’t force many turnovers.

I heard the U "defense" gave up over 600yrds rushing the past 2 games....... just go ahead and let that sink in.

Yes UCLA has the worst rushing attack in the PAC12 but that could be because they haven't played the U yet and UCLA's D looks bad because they haven't played the U offense yet. The U has the cure for what ales opposing teams.

That is just me venting, sadly there is way too much truth to what I just said.

1st half -
e_L4ow_s-200x150.gif

2nd half -
6ef6c96e39d6ffe3ced72c9ee78dbaf1.gif

I guess there was something to this

OT but did anyone see the Ohio State Iowa Game? I've never seen a urban meyer coached team just get dominated like that, but give credit to Iowa they were hitting on all cylinders. I never thought Iowa as a offensive powerhouse but they were that game. Looked like a great college football environment. from what I saw they have excellent TE's. I wish Utah had a decent TE. Would be a massive help to our red zone problems.

OT but did anyone see the Ohio State Iowa Game? I've never seen a urban meyer coached team just get dominated like that, but give credit to Iowa they were hitting on all cylinders. I never thought Iowa as a offensive powerhouse but they were that game. Looked like a great college football environment. from what I saw they have excellent TE's. I wish Utah had a decent TE. Would be a massive help to our red zone problems.

Yeah, Iowa has produced a lot of NFL tight ends.

I think Utah has decent TE's but their offensive system doesn't use them at all.

So UCLA was a good win.

What's everyone think about our chances with Washington State?

At least it's a home game.

I have tickets for sale, by the way. Just had another knee surgery, can't make the game.