What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Actually you can be bowl eligible if the team has a high GPA w/ 5 wins. That happened to Miss State last year lmao.

There are far too many bowls. Our resume sucks in terms of wins, our claim to fame is we lost to USC, Stanford, and Washington by a combined 7 points. A home loss to Colorado would look really bad though. Their defense has struggled mightily this season, honestly if we give the same effort we gave Saturday we should blow them out.

There are far too many bowls. Our resume sucks in terms of wins, our claim to fame is we lost to USC, Stanford, and Washington by a combined 7 points. A home loss to Colorado would look really bad though. Their defense has struggled mightily this season, honestly if we give the same effort we gave Saturday we should blow them out.

As a neutral party here, I strongly agree. I haven't looked at the line yet but I'd guess it's Utah -10.

Just looked. -10.5.

Good thing Whitt is not a gambler he said he would have bet his house that washington wouldnt drive the length of the field and kick the gw winning field goal. Apparently he missed all the times in the past where our defense needed that one stop and couldnt make it. Including earlier in the game on 4th and 10. Give credit to Browning he really stuck it to us at the end after getting Elway'd.

Utah seems pretty average at basketball this year, but I like Tillman.
Yeah losing Kuzma and Daniles (xfer'd to NC State) hurt, so I guess I'm so far a little surprised with how well they are doing beating Ol' Miss and Missouri pretty easily, even if they did get blown out by UNLV.

Sucks the Utes won the game yesterday to become bowl eligible. Now they're just going to go to some lousy post season game when they could have maybe gotten a better pick had they just tanked it...

utahbowl.jpg

Playing against WVU in the Heart of Texas bowl...excited to play against WVU but sucks the games on a Tuesday at noon...annoyed about the time of the game.

Last edited:
Apparently it's still up in the air whether WVU QB Will Grier will play in the bowl game or not. Without him they lost pretty badly in their last two games though one was against no.2 oklahoma. WVU defense gives up over 200 yards a game on the ground which is dead last in the big 12. So we should continue to see some Moss beast mode.

See if we can get some revenge over Haywood's Butt Buddies tonight. +7.5 line, honestly feels like a winnable game.