What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Because scouts, GMs, and fans are prone to groupthink. People get things wrong. People whose professional success relies on getting things right want to deflect as much as possible when that happens.

Suggesting Utah is the problem when they have produced 3 straight first round draft picks, all of which appear to be long term rotation players (only one of which had any kind of real draft recognition upon entering their freshman year, that being Poetl iirc), is ludicrous.
I stopped reading when you said people get things wrong. :)

I stopped reading when you said people get things wrong. :)
You're asking me to break down people's draft philosophy that I don't know. I can't tell you what they got wrong if I don't know their thought process and what they place value in.

The idea that it's Utah's fault is just a 1000000% wrong. If they place that much value in college success then they are also probably the idiots who drafted Jimmer.

You're asking me to break down people's draft philosophy that I don't know. I can't tell you what they got wrong if I don't know their thought process and what they place value in.

The idea that it's Utah's fault is just a 1000000% wrong. If they place that much value in college success then they are also probably the idiots who drafted Jimmer.
All I'm saying is that he wasn't used as well as he could have been and his draft stock dropped because of it - I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair at all to say. Kuzma played great for the Utes last year, but he wasn't close to the player he is for the Lakers - mainly because of how he was positioned with the Utes. I watched about half the games of the Utes last year and I try and watch the Lakers as much as possible this year because of him and Ball (yeah, you can make fun of me for that. I deserve it.)
I really like Larry as the Utes coach. He took over a storied program that had fallen to one of the worst embarrassments in the country. He's recruited well and produced 3 first round picks for the Utes. That said, I think there are better coaches than him and coaches who get more from less. He's been at Utah for 7 years and has only 2 wins in the NCAA tournament -14/15. He's had an epidemic of players transferring from the program because of coaching style and or recruiting guys who weren't good enough. Dude had 9 transfers in less than a year - unacceptable. He cancelled the BYU game last year and made himself bigger than the Utah BYU rivalry game. Dude schedules the most cupcake of non-conference schedules for the most part too. Look, if you want a good coach for your program, Larry is the guy. He's just not great imo. I hope I'm wrong and this is just an abnormal down year for him.
I thought Kuzma was going to be a solid rotation guy in the pros. If someone told me he was going to be doing what he's done now I would have rolled my eyes and called them a homer.

All I'm saying is that he wasn't used as well as he could have been and his draft stock dropped because of it - I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair at all to say. Kuzma played great for the Utes last year, but he wasn't close to the player he is for the Lakers - mainly because of how he was positioned with the Utes. I watched about half the games of the Utes last year and I try and watch the Lakers as much as possible this year because of him and Ball (yeah, you can make fun of me for that. I deserve it.)
I really like Larry as the Utes coach. He took over a storied program that had fallen to one of the worst embarrassments in the country. He's recruited well and produced 3 first round picks for the Utes. That said, I think there are better coaches than him and coaches who get more from less. He's been at Utah for 7 years and has only 2 wins in the NCAA tournament -14/15. He's had an epidemic of players transferring from the program because of coaching style and or recruiting guys who weren't good enough. Dude had 9 transfers in less than a year - unacceptable. He cancelled the BYU game last year and made himself bigger than the Utah BYU rivalry game. Dude schedules the most cupcake of non-conference schedules for the most part too. Look, if you want a good coach for your program, Larry is the guy. He's just not great imo. I hope I'm wrong and this is just an abnormal down year for him.
I thought Kuzma was going to be a solid rotation guy in the pros. If someone told me he was going to be doing what he's done now I would have rolled my eyes and called them a homer.

Is Larry the AD at UoU?

Utah might have a chance this year to get in to the tourney simply on the fact the Pac-12 is weak this year. Winning back to back road games w/o Tillman is impressive.

Utah might have a chance this year to get in to the tourney simply on the fact the Pac-12 is weak this year. Winning back to back road games w/o Tillman is impressive.

Didn't think it would be this utah team be the one to finally get over the hump vs oregon. It would be a incredible coaching job to have this team get in the tourney. Our RPI rating right now is 35!

Didn't think it would be this utah team be the one to finally get over the hump vs oregon. It would be a incredible coaching job to have this team get in the tourney. Our RPI rating right now is 35!
Im guessing this is going to be a rough year for Oregon, they lost their entire starting lineup to the draft/graduation.

I think the pac12 was 1-8 in their bowl games. (At least the utes won)

How did your surgery go?
Really well. I was in agony from Tuesday until Friday afternoon when I got the surgery.
Almost immediately after the surgery I have been pain free. A little soreness the day after but that's it. I feel as good as ever currently.
Thanks for asking bro

Really well. I was in agony from Tuesday until Friday afternoon when I got the surgery.
Almost immediately after the surgery I have been pain free. A little soreness the day after but that's it. I feel as good as ever currently.
Thanks for asking bro

After you've had the stones once are they more likely to come back?

After you've had the stones once are they more likely to come back?

Ya unfortunately.
Get em once and you have a 50% chance of getting more.

Thanks for asking bro

Glad to hear it.