What's new

Official UofU homer thread

I've watched Utah twice this year and they are just exceedingly average.

I really really like Tillman though. He might go pro after a year.

Pac-12 Bowl Predictions
Oregon over Boise - Ducks coach is gone, but the offense has played a lot better recently, Herbert is back at QB and I imagine they want to send Royce Freeman out with a bang.

K-State over UCLA - Rosen will play and has a chance for a huge game vs a really poor pass defense. But at the same time can you really trust UCLA's defense on stopping anybody?

Purdue over Arizona - Zona has a excellent rushing attack and a phenom in Tate but their defense can make a average offense like Purdue look amazing. Tough game to predict but i went with Purdue.

Penn State over Washington - these teams are similar in a lot of ways, just think Penn State's offense will be the factor

Stanford over TCU - in the tough physical minded games as you feel this one will be, Stanford just knows how to get the job done especially come bowl time.

Wazzu over Michigan State - this is one of the more well rounded Wazzu teams in recent memory and they'll send Utah native Falk out with a win.

Utah over West Virginia - Sure a 6-6 Utah team is capable of laying a dud in this game, I just don't think they will, Moss will have the same room to run as he had vs the Buffs and will prove to be the difference maker.

NC State over Arizona State - as I understand it Graham will coach the bowl game which will be interesting, tough to trust this very inconsistent ASU team.

didn't watch it, knew that was probably a L once I heard Tillman was out. On the bright side...

timmy.jpg

No, not at all. He was used and developed perfectly.
Not what everyone and Tobey and his 10 sisters have been saying. That and common sense of knowing that a dude who goes under the radar, and barely gets drafted in the first round but then goes on to blow it up in the NBA while making a great case for ROTY - in one of the deepest draft classes in recent memory was surely misused. He was not developed perfectly and if you watched him in college and in the NBA, you can clearly see way more tools that he has that weren't utilized in college. There's no way he added all these tools he's show casing in less than a year. Dude wasn't taken advantage of by Larry and it cost Kuzma millions. He should have easily been a top 10 pick and is playing like a top 3 right now.
I agree with some stuff you say, but not on this. Make a logical case of why he was used and developed perfectly (I expect you to call me stupid and say some tongue-in-cheek comment that's only funny to you.)
Saint Cy, the posterboy of Jazzfanz.

Not what everyone and Tobey and his 10 sisters have been saying. That and common sense of knowing that a dude who goes under the radar, and barely gets drafted in the first round but then goes on to blow it up in the NBA while making a great case for ROTY - in one of the deepest draft classes in recent memory was surely misused. He was not developed perfectly and if you watched him in college and in the NBA, you can clearly see way more tools that he has that weren't utilized in college. There's no way he added all these tools he's show casing in less than a year. Dude wasn't taken advantage of by Larry and it cost Kuzma millions. He should have easily been a top 10 pick and is playing like a top 3 right now.
I agree with some stuff you say, but not on this. Make a logical case of why he was used and developed perfectly (I expect you to call me stupid and say some tongue-in-cheek comment that's only funny to you.)
Saint Cy, the posterboy of Jazzfanz.
Just cuz you and some scouts are too stupid to watch tape doesn't mean Utah did anything wrong. It was perfect development.

Just cuz you and some scouts are too stupid to watch tape doesn't mean Utah did anything wrong. It was perfect development.
Called it. Dude can't make an argument without insulting someone.
Then you have NAOS chiming in like he's the internet tough guy. Keep following me around, Naos. I like the attention.

Not the greatest of bowl games, by any means, but good win for Utah and great win for Whittingham's bowl game win %. I listened to a player interviewed who said there are only two games Kyle talks about all year that are must wins. BYU and bowl games.

So how did he ever last until the fourth pick from the bottom of the first round? According to NBA executives and scouts who saw him play for the University of Utah, he just didn’t make much of an impact in 96 college games. That’s no small sample. While he improved his overall shooting to slightly over 50 percent by the time he declared for the NBA, his three-point shooting numbers (32%, 26%, 32%) and free throw shooting (63%) hardly helped his draft stock.

As one Western Conference GM said of the 6-9 Kuzma, now starting sometimes at forward for the Lakers: “Teams that had seen him play for three years in college saw a nice, all-around player without a position. They saw a non-range shooter and an average athlete.”

It must be difficult for Kuzma’s college opponents to believe that this is the same player who made only 51 three’s in 169 attempts (30%) during his Utah career.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...e-kuzma-the-lakers-record-setting-rookie/amp/

Wow lazy scouts and GMs blame someone else other than themselves.
So let's hear your argument as to why Kuzma's play dropped him in the draft and why he's been so much better as a pro. Look, I like Larry, but this is obviously something in retrospect he has to think about. Was it the player or the system that wasn't taken advantage of or both. I'd say, from watching Kuzma last year, the system killed his game. He went from a projected top 5 guy to almost falling out of the draft's first round. That and the Utes had a mediocre season at best with one of the best players in the country.

So let's hear your argument as to why Kuzma's play dropped him in the draft and why he's been so much better as a pro. Look, I like Larry, but this is obviously something in retrospect he has to think about. Was it the player or the system that wasn't taken advantage of or both. I'd say, from watching Kuzma last year, the system killed his game. He went from a projected top 5 guy to almost falling out of the draft. That and the Utes had a mediocre season at best with one of the best players in the country.

I wrote many post pre-draft on why I thought Kuzma was a lottery talent and best PF in the draft.

Ok, why YOU thought that, but it was apparent no one else, who mattered, thought that. If he really was the best like you say, don't you wonder why he dropped?
Because scouts, GMs, and fans are prone to groupthink. People get things wrong. People whose professional success relies on getting things right want to deflect as much as possible when that happens.

Suggesting Utah is the problem when they have produced 3 straight first round draft picks, all of which appear to be long term rotation players (only one of which had any kind of real draft recognition upon entering their freshman year, that being Poetl iirc), is ludicrous.