What's new

Official UofU homer thread

So UCLA was a good win.

What's everyone think about our chances with Washington State?

At least it's a home game.

I have tickets for sale, by the way. Just had another knee surgery, can't make the game.

From a bettor's perspective, Washington State seems like the easy play.

Easy plays rarely seem to win.

So UCLA was a good win.

What's everyone think about our chances with Washington State?

At least it's a home game.

A lot of people have this as a pick em game which I am surprised by. Think this is the first time that we faced them that they have a better defense than us. They just held Bryce Love to by far his lowest output of the season he had one long run by didn't do anything after that. I could see a real struggle on offense for Utah and you don't want to keep punting to that offense. Think Wazzu wins by double digits.

Now I'd love for Tyler Huntley to provide some magic that he showed early season, but our opponents were so bad it had a lot to do with it. But prove memy wrong Tyler.

Does huntley look as bad on tv as he does in real life?

I think the U's OL looks bad in real life, on TV, replays, cartoon drawings, video's, reenactments, CGI, you name it they look bad in it.

Honestly though, with 6 TO's (7 really but not counting the hailmary) the D did well to keep it close so the offense even had a shot to tie it at the end. I am surprisingly not as upset as a 7TO game would normally make me, not sure if I should be encouraged or not. The only thing I would've liked to see from the D is more pressure on the QB, this is like 5 out of 6 weeks where there is virtually no pressure from the D Line.

I will say a 1st year starting QB and a first year under a new OC, I was already going into this season expecting growing pains so that could be part of it.

Oh and lastly, crazy to think about but the 2 INT's the U had they were pretty much null and void because the offense proceeded to turn it right back over and Wazzu scored on 5 out of the 7 TO's they created and yet it was a 1 possession game.

6 wins. Please. Just somehow find a way to pull off a miracle against Washington, or not lose against Colorado.
Please.
Please.

I think the U's OL looks bad in real life, on TV, replays, cartoon drawings, video's, reenactments, CGI, you name it they look bad in it.

Honestly though, with 6 TO's (7 really but not counting the hailmary) the D did well to keep it close so the offense even had a shot to tie it at the end. I am surprisingly not as upset as a 7TO game would normally make me, not sure if I should be encouraged or not. The only thing I would've liked to see from the D is more pressure on the QB, this is like 5 out of 6 weeks where there is virtually no pressure from the D Line.

I will say a 1st year starting QB and a first year under a new OC, I was already going into this season expecting growing pains so that could be part of it.

Oh and lastly, crazy to think about but the 2 INT's the U had they were pretty much null and void because the offense proceeded to turn it right back over and Wazzu scored on 5 out of the 7 TO's they created and yet it was a 1 possession game.

I think fans expected too much out of this team. Getting to a bowl after sending that many guys to NFL camps would be a minor success. I hoped for more but 6 wins would be good enough for this year, IMO.

Utah -4 tonight vs Mizzou in basketball.

How's the U supposed to be this year? I'm thinking of doing them.

It's a wait and see for this team for me. Obviously would have been more hyped if Kuzma had returned and/or we landed a touted prospect like Akot. Still kind of irks me that Kuzma didn't realize his full potential here. Obviously he made the right decision and is playing well so far in the NBA.

I did watch a bit of their last game, they had this little guy running the point. I can see the complaints already, oh great another really short point guard at Utah.

Gabe Bealer shot the ball really well last game from what I saw..

Porter is out tonight so that should help our chances greatly, you'd think.

I think the Utes will beat Missouri (last night) by about 20 or maybe just under that. Hope that helps Wes/NJ/Scerpio/whothehellcares.

How healthy are the Utes? I banged O32 points for Washington and the Utes have only given that up twice all year. I also banged Washington -4.5 for the 1st q.

Once Whittingham called that timeout I knew we were done.

dsp.gif

A great game with a horrible ending. We finally showed what Taylor's passing attack can do against a strong defense and it seemed like our gambles(the onside kick and fake punt)were all paying off. It felt like mabye it was our night. And yet here we are, another dissapointing finish to a game. A feeling all to familiar to ute fans in the whittingham era.

A great game with a horrible ending. We finally showed what Taylor's passing attack can do against a strong defense and it seemed like our gambles(the onside kick and fake punt)were all paying off. It felt like mabye it was our night. And yet here we are, another dissapointing finish to a game. A feeling all to familiar to ute fans in the whittingham era.

You think the Utes beat Colorado to become bowl eligible?