What's new

Offseason Plan + Lauri Thread

Listening to Ainge's end of season presser now. Already one "almost Ainge". I take all of these pressers with all the grains of salt... I don't think front offices should be all that transparent... so its not criticism. It does sound like they are still looking for the star trade.
Idk about that…. Slightly off-topic but he played dumb about the Kevin Young at BYU hire, especially since he was supposedly in Phoenix yesterday with Ryan Smith to make that hire happen. That’s not even directly Jazz related and he definitely wasn’t being fully transparent

The reason we didn't
Idk about that…. Slightly off-topic but he played dumb about the Kevin Young at BYU hire, especially since he was supposedly in Phoenix yesterday with Ryan Smith to make that hire happen. That’s not even directly Jazz related and he definitely wasn’t being fully transparent
That's what I am saying. I think they lie they asses off... and they should tbh.

The question is why did they not trade for Jrue and Zinger (maybe Dame?)? Because they were at the end of their contracts and likely said they wouldn't extend. So what will be different this summer?

Players typically come available the end of their deals. We will have to call someone's bluff which means throwing assets at something that may be a rental. Can Ainge and the FO stomach that?

I think the plan is actually pretty clear at this point. We are essentially a tanking team + Lauri. Lauri will likely keep ups from being one of the worst teams in the league, but we will only start winning more games once the young guys improve/we find a trade. I'd be pretty shocked if we trade Lauri. Sexton is likely to get moved IMO, and Clarkson+Collins will be moved if possible. Think we would keep them around as a veteran presence over paying picks to dump them.

I don't even have a problem with this, but they should not have wasted two years of doing half and half.
Problem with this is hardy will play Clarkson and Collins 30 minutes each and we will get the 8 seed again and not develop our young guys

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Problem with this is hardy will play Clarkson and Collins 30 minutes each and we will get the 8 seed again and not develop our young guys

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Clarkson and Collins do not help us win. We have not even gotten the 8 seed, even if we wanted the 8th seed and traded nobody we could not have gotten the 8th seed.

They can in the right role.

Clarkson might be past his ability to be a positive player. He was absolute trash this past season and is old. Collins, maybe. But I think without Sexton we're almost certainly a bottom 4 team especially because we will inevitably bench Lauri. Either way, Clarkson and Collins are not taking us out of the dump.

I will say I didn't catch one whiff or hint of maybe they trade Lauri... not that Ainge would ever say that.

If Ainge is looking for trades as our primary way to get better we have to get off the OKC pick obligation. Does this mean we trade 8 to go to 12 to get off the obligation?

If Ainge is looking for trades as our primary way to get better we have to get off the OKC pick obligation. Does this mean we trade 8 to go to 12 to get off the obligation?
We don’t though. We have like 10 tradeable first round picks right now.

I think they all agree to it beforehand. Early enough it stops people from effing with them. Appeases the King. It may have to be the first rounder so they can say Bronny was a first rounder. I doubt they want him going undrafted and they don't have a lot of trade ammo they can spare. It allows them to trade the pick twice essentially.

It will be the final payment of the layaway plan Ainge put the Lakers on that started with the THT deal.
If this is all part of one deal then I believe we're also due some back-pay.