What's new

Our Big 3?

Otto Porter just isnt gettable. His contract is too high for the Jazz to trade for because the Jazz dont have anything the Wizards want that matches salary.

The trade option right now is probably Jabari Parker in a S&T. Parker probably would like to come to Utah because he would be a 2nd option, a starter, and be among his mormon people. It would just depends on how much money he wants because I know he turned down 18 million a year from the Bucks, which is pretty wild, but that might be him just not wanting to be on the Bucks anymore.

With the money troubles and poor team performance you don't think they consider Jae and our unguaranteed guys? We'd have to add Tony Bradley for salary. Maybe we send our 2019 pick, AB and the unguaranteed contracts. They can get out of the repeater tax by waiving all those guys and clear money to keep Oubre.

I think one of those guys gets moved... Beal is the most valuable... Wall makes too much money (maybe not)... they have a young guy that might be able to step in and take the role.

Not sure he is available, gettable, or otherwise, but a shakeup is coming if they don't turn it around.

If its 15-18M per year and a double sign and trade with Favs is appealing I'm in. I just think Atlanta, Chicago, or another bottom feeder will offer something better than that. maybe even Dallas.

With the money troubles and poor team performance you don't think they consider Jae and our unguaranteed guys? We'd have to add Tony Bradley for salary. Maybe we send our 2019 pick, AB and the unguaranteed contracts. They can get out of the repeater tax by waiving all those guys and clear money to keep Oubre.

I think one of those guys gets moved... Beal is the most valuable... Wall makes too much money (maybe not)... they have a young guy that might be able to step in and take the role.

Not sure he is available, gettable, or otherwise, but a shakeup is coming if they don't turn it around.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybo4n33v

I guess it is possible. Throw in the first rounder this year.

Absolutely need a third star if the goal is serious contention.

I really like Aaron Gordon (I think he might have another jump, I think he fits seemlessly into the culture and would be a boon on both sides of the floor). I have also been a cacophony about retaining 2019 cap to go to the free agency tables and roll dice. If you can get that third guy (ideally a versatile, multi-positional, two-way player that can play as a primary 4) before 2019 hits, retaining that space is no longer necessary. But until that happens, I'm keeping that cap.

If everything breaks right with matchups, opponent injuries, and an ungodly hot-streak, this team might be a dark horse contender in the model of continuing and developing what they're running with now. Teams just have a knack of sniffing out systemic weakness in a 7-game series, and that's where top-end talent really starts to matter.

Not sure we can really trade Erik Mcree... might be a flaw in the trade machine. If it was Jae it might include TB. If we put a first in I want to sub Jae for AB.

I am hoping we can get a deal because of his perceived lack of living up to the contract.
I'm pretty sure you can convert your two way guy into an actual contract at anytime. Could be wrong tho.

Also, Otto Porter has a 15% trade kicker, so you'd probably want him to decline that since 15% is a lot at his contract.

I have heard a lot of talk of how good we would be right now with haywad and i think opj would provide a lot of what haywad would have. Good, long defender, better shooter off ball, not as good of a ball handler or creator as hayward but thats what mitchell, rubio, exum, etc are for.
I think he would fit perfectly on this team and his age is right.
Plus in washington he plays with wall and beal so maybe he would be a better all around scorer if he was asked to be.
And free agency tends to be difficult for the jazz so if he is gettable without losing any of our core then i think you have to do it.

Absolutely need a third star if the goal is serious contention.

I really like Aaron Gordon (I think he might have another jump, I think he fits seemlessly into the culture and would be a boon on both sides of the floor). I have also been a cacophony about retaining 2019 cap to go to the free agency tables and roll dice. If you can get that third guy (ideally a versatile, multi-positional, two-way player that can play as a primary 4) before 2019 hits, retaining that space is no longer necessary. But until that happens, I'm keeping that cap.

I like Aaron, but he also really can't create his own shot (yet), his 3p% fell to earth, and he is a good defender, but not the stopper some think he is. I think they match his deal and he is expensive as hell... he may be available mid-season though when Orlando hits the reset button.

I have heard a lot of talk of how good we would be right now with haywad and i think opj would provide a lot of what haywad would have. Good, long defender, better shooter off ball, not as good of a ball handler or creator as hayward but thats what mitchell, rubio, exum, etc are for.
I think he would fit perfectly on this team and his age is right.
Plus in washington he plays with wall and beal so maybe he would be a better all around scorer if he was asked to be.
And free agency tends to be difficult for the jazz so if he is gettable without losing any of our core then i think you have to do it.
Porter is more like a non crappy, longer version of Jae Crowder. He doesnt really play anything like Hayward.

Also, Otto Porter has a 15% trade kicker, so you'd probably want him to decline that since 15% is a lot at his contract.
I imagine he'd do it to get out of there, but he may not be excited about coming here... I would think he would be giddy, but I'm a friggin homer.

Porter is more like a non crappy, longer version of Jae Crowder. He doesnt really play anything like Hayward.

I think he could do some of the ball screen and off ball movement stuff Hayward did. I may be misremembering, but i don't recall hayward being an iso guy.

I'm pretty sure you can convert your two way guy into an actual contract at anytime. Could be wrong tho.
It would have to have a second year though... otherwise he'd be expiring... I'll bet grunfield doesn't know either so we will use that as an excuse to pay less.

I dont think haywad on this jazz team plays anything like haywad either. He wouldn't get the same amount of touches/usage with rubio and mitchell in place of hill and hood with him in the starting lineup. Haywad would be more of a non crappy crowder as well imo. Both 6 foot 8 small forwards that can defend and shoot. I dont think either would do a ton of creating or have a ton of usage with donovan and rubio on the court with them.
Just my opinion but of course my opinion of haywad was always much lower than yours so we will probably just disagree on this topic.

I dont think haywad on this jazz team plays anything like haywad either. He wouldn't get the same amount of touches/usage with rubio and mitchell in place of hill and hood with him in the starting lineup. Haywad would be more of a non crappy crowder as well imo. Both 6 foot 8 small forwards that can defend and shoot. I dont think either would do a ton of creating or have a ton of usage with donovan and rubio on the court with them.
Just my opinion but of course my opinion of haywad was always much lower than yours so we will probably just disagree on this topic.
Hayward would play the same way dude.

Hayward played with Hood and Hill, who were both higher usage than Ricky Rubio. It's not like Hayward was ever a ball dominant guy who couldnt play next to multiple ball-handlers and co-exist. Hayward was a playmaker through and through. Porter isnt. Porter is a guy who can make the right pass and play within a system. Porter cant break the paint or force defenders to foul him. He's a finesse player who can really shoot and plays smart.

Hayward could easily play with Mitchell and Mitchell still be taking as many shots. It would be guys llke Rubio, Ingles, and Crowder who would take less shots/get the ball less.

Like I get people dont like Hayward, but holy **** the revisionist history of what kind of player Hayward was is ridiculous.