What's new

"Picture Of The Day" Thread

looks like she's maybe rigging up a lil electrical work too.^^

I teach em young. About a year ago I was at a friend's house doing some electrical work. I was working on a plug and my oldest boy (about 3.5 at the time) came and knelt down next to me and reached out to grab the plug. I had it pulled out of the wall so the live wires were exposed and he would have grabbed them. My wife wasn't too thrilled when she saw that.

I teach em young. About a year ago I was at a friend's house doing some electrical work. I was working on a plug and my oldest boy (about 3.5 at the time) came and knelt down next to me and reached out to grab the plug. I had it pulled out of the wall so the live wires were exposed and he would have grabbed them. My wife wasn't too thrilled when she saw that.

Yeah, electrical work scares me. Put in a couple ceiling fans for my mom a few years back and was nervous the whole time.

kevin-carter-vulture.jpg

I saw this picture one night and it had such a big impact on me that I now donate as often as I can.

jazz_fanatic, this picture was very famous in Turkey. It was used a lot on the calendars etc by the religious people and some communist groups as a propaganda material. There were also controversies over hypothetical questions like why didn't he help the child and he tried to catch a nice photo instead.

But you can find some basic info about the conditions of the place and the moment of the picture on wiki page of the photographer who committed suicide after a year he took the photo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

A quote from the photographer's suicide note...
"I am depressed ... without phone ... money for rent ... money for child support ... money for debts ... money!!! ... I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain ... of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners ... I have gone to join Ken [recently deceased colleague Ken Oosterbroek] if I am that lucky."

Mo Money Mo Problems.

No doubt. Especially for those that make it THE priority.

I am sincerely glad that after I sold my first company I took two years off and lived in the Florida Keys and just fished. Then I went back at it, sold another company, got married, took another year off. Went back to work, sold a company and, after a couple kids, took a year off. I'm kind of permanently off now, maybe.

Those that stayed after it and couldn't turn it off .. miserable. As are their wife and kids.

jazz_fanatic, this picture was very famous in Turkey. It was used a lot on the calendars etc by the religious people and some communist groups as a propaganda material. There were also controversies over hypothetical questions like why didn't he help the child and he tried to catch a nice photo instead.

But you can find some basic info about the conditions of the place and the moment of the picture on wiki page of the photographer who committed suicide after a year he took the photo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

A quote from the photographer's suicide note...

Pretty sure part of this story is told in the movie called "The Bang Bang Club".

No doubt. Especially for those that make it THE priority.

I am sincerely glad that after I sold my first company I took two years off and lived in the Florida Keys and just fished. Then I went back at it, sold another company, got married, took another year off. Went back to work, sold a company and, after a couple kids, took a year off. I'm kind of permanently off now, maybe.

Those that stayed after it and couldn't turn it off .. miserable. As are their wife and kids.

What happened to your employees when you did this each time?