What's new

"Picture Of The Day" Thread

^ I've read more than enough nasty stuff about Bill Gates, the Clinton's, Warren Buffett, and even that ******* Jimmy Carter.

That vulture picture is what these great people are fighting against. I get ill when people demonize them for their works in saving the poorest amongst us from the most basic threats.

^ I've read more than enough nasty stuff about Bill Gates, the Clinton's, Warren Buffett, and even that ******* Jimmy Carter.

That vulture picture is what these great people are fighting against. I get ill when people demonize them for their works in saving the poorest amongst us from the most basic threats.
I don't see the relevance. Who said that any of those people were the cause of this childs suffering?

Forgive me.. but is that true?

My previous post about that picture below:

jazz_fanatic, this picture was very famous in Turkey. It was used a lot on the calendars etc by the religious people and some communist groups as a propaganda material. There were also controversies over hypothetical questions like why didn't he help the child and he tried to catch a nice photo instead.

But you can find some basic info about the conditions of the place and the moment of the picture on wiki page of the photographer who committed suicide after a year he took the photo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

A quote from the photographer's suicide note...
"I am depressed ... without phone ... money for rent ... money for child support ... money for debts ... money!!! ... I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain ... of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners ... I have gone to join Ken [recently deceased colleague Ken Oosterbroek] if I am that lucky."

On the other hand, I have heard that Bill eats babies.
images

My previous post about that picture below:

jazz_fanatic, this picture was very famous in Turkey. It was used a lot on the calendars etc by the religious people and some communist groups as a propaganda material. There were also controversies over hypothetical questions like why didn't he help the child and he tried to catch a nice photo instead.

But you can find some basic info about the conditions of the place and the moment of the picture on wiki page of the photographer who committed suicide after a year he took the photo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

A quote from the photographer's suicide note...

Enes, that series of post capped by yours was probably the most touching I've ever read on JF. Reps again.

Reactions: ema
I have the most amazing Fecal Roster candidate that I want to share... I even autographed it. Think about that while I try and figure out how to do a picture on this sack of dump iPad.

Feast your eyes on an "I.D." that caught me off guard at my buddy's work party. Thank the lands that the park bathroom wasn't locked, or I'd be singing a different tune right now. FYI, stainless steel toilet seats are COLD, regardless of outside temp.

**edit

You people aren't worthy.

Last edited:
I want to neg you so damn bad right now...

Feast your eyes on an "I.D." that caught me off guard at my buddy's work party. Thank the lands that the park bathroom wasn't locked, or I'd be singing a different tune right now. FYI, stainless steel toilet seats are COLD, regardless of outside temp.

image_zpsfaa39fe1.jpg

because+_229e07836b0c86f94cf270e00167cb74.gif