What's new

Please for the Love of God No More Steve Brown

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
He is one of the worst announcers I've ever heard. The amount of stuff he gets wrong in a game is breathtaking. I've never seen anything quite like it in my life.

"Gobert is really struggling from the line" (after missing one FT). "Not really, he's shooting 76% for the season" "I meant on that free throw"

"Out of bounds on Booker" (it was Favors it was out of bounds on, and their numbers aren't even close to being similar)

And he's also inherited Bolerjack's amazing ability to not know what the hell a 3 pointer is (why they don't look at the ref who holds his hand up for a 3 and down for a 2 is an absolute mystery to me).

The Jazz really can't find a better backup to Boler (who isn't all that great either)? Not one?

Really strange how absent Boler has been this season.... not sure what's the explanation for that. He was calling about 90% of the games last year, this year it seems like it's 80% or less.

On sale at Fanz for $35
-

browning_-_dwtb_mock.jpg

Really strange how absent Boler has been this season.... not sure what's the explanation for that. He was calling about 90% of the games last year, this year it seems like it's 80% or less.
He does some college football, not sure if those are taking a bit more priority this season or not. Steve Brown is awful. He gets the player wrong more than he gets it right.

We always lose with Brown and Boone. It's a given. Regardless of superstition, they're both god awful and if I were an aspiring broadcaster I'd kill myself that Brown and Boone both hold steady jobs in the industry because if I couldn't get a job over them that'd mean I'd dedicated my life to something where I had absolutely no talent.

He is one of the worst announcers I've ever heard. The amount of stuff he gets wrong in a game is breathtaking. I've never seen anything quite like it in my life.

"Gobert is really struggling from the line" (after missing one FT). "Not really, he's shooting 76% for the season" "I meant on that free throw"

"Out of bounds on Booker" (it was Favors it was out of bounds on, and their numbers aren't even close to being similar)

And he's also inherited Bolerjack's amazing ability to not know what the hell a 3 pointer is (why they don't look at the ref who holds his hand up for a 3 and down for a 2 is an absolute mystery to me).

The Jazz really can't find a better backup to Boler (who isn't all that great either)? Not one?

That one killed me. I liked how Boone called him out immediately and after Brown's explanation Boone was just like WTF.

I usually give announcers a pass on the 3/2 thing because I would assume it can be hard to tell from the baseline angle from which they announce.

He used the word bedlam in describing trey burke's game winner. Who uses that word?

Another funny one I head the other day was in the Atlanta game. Locke was so impressed that Snyder had called two plays during the timeout in case the Hawks called another timeout. Locke said"Quin is soooooo smart that he called two plays". Then Boone was like, "you don't have to be smart, every single coach does that". Hilarious.

I have a hard time believing he's better than anyone other than the Boom Goes the Dynamite guy.

Stille better then David Lock

No way. Brown is terrible. I can't get excited at all with him at the helm of the announcing duties. Honestly, I have never heard a weaker call on a game winner than his when he called the Trey Burke Game winner vs new york.

At least Locke has some passion. But man BollarJack is way better than both.

Please for the Love of God No More Steve Brown

Brown is a left over from my generation. Got entrenched as a "sports" reporter back in early 70"s and just stayed there. Never had any talent or really any apparent interest in sports and it shows. He is sucky to the max. My wife complains that i ruin the game for her because i complain about Brown so much. But then i do that about Boler too. Boone, i give my personal hall pass too because i remember him as a player and i feel bad that the younger generation missed him. He was a very very good player. Just has no flair with the language. No one complained about him much when he was teamed with Rot Rod. High school football is where Brown belongs (if anywhere) and i wish they would limit him to that.

Brown is a left over from my generation. Got entrenched as a "sports" reporter back in early 70"s and just stayed there. Never had any talent or really any apparent interest in sports and it shows. He is sucky to the max. My wife complains that i ruin the game for her because i complain about Brown so much. But then i do that about Boler too. Boone, i give my personal hall pass too because i remember him as a player and i feel bad that the younger generation missed him. He was a very very good player. Just has no flair with the language. No one complained about him much when he was teamed with Rot Rod. High school football is where Brown belongs (if anywhere) and i wish they would limit him to that.

I sorta give Boone a pass because he feels like an old friendly uncle who is becoming senile, yet I know he still cares and he had his moments back in the day (and will still have them today, just much fewer of them).

Was it Brown that kept calling the shot clock the "short clock"? My brain sputtered a few times when hearing that yesterday. And yeah, he calls the wrong players all over the place. Though sometimes it's obvious that he doesn't know an opposition player as he won't say a name at all.

PS. Bedlam is a great word. Was perfect when Boler used it. Thought his call on the Hayward winner vs Cleveland was great.

I started counting how many mistakes Steve Brown makes in a broadcast and I lost count when I got to infinity.