What's new

Please for the Love of God No More Steve Brown

No way. Brown is terrible. I can't get excited at all with him at the helm of the announcing duties. Honestly, I have never heard a weaker call on a game winner than his when he called the Trey Burke Game winner vs new york.

At least Locke has some passion. But man BollarJack is way better than both.

Take a stand for something. No more rodents!!!

Brown is bad, but Booner has his issues too. His favorite phrase is "for the most part". I swear I've heard him use it three times in the same paragraph.

The best thing that happened to him is working with Locke on the radio broadcast. Locke thinks he is a genius and his constant compliments make Boone try to up his game.

The flubs Harpring makes bother me the most, though. I am tired of him saying someone is shooting from "the three point land". It's either from "the three point line" or from "three point land". My wife and I laugh when he talks about how players have nice bodies. He also likes to talk about how players like to get their hands on balls. Someone must have spoken to him about it because he changed it to "basketballs". It's also become tired how little preparation he does.

That's one reason I give Locke a pass with his faux pas. Locke works his butt off and tries to get to know the players and work on the ins and outs of the system. Both him and Booner attend practices and know what the coach is trying to do. Boler and Harpring treat this as just their day job. Showing up for as few games as they can get away with. That's why we have to put up with so much Steve Brown.

I also get bothered with Boler says someone is shooting "three throws".

Brown is bad, but Booner has his issues too. His favorite phrase is "for the most part". I swear I've heard him use it three times in the same paragraph.

The best thing that happened to him is working with Locke on the radio broadcast. Locke thinks he is a genius and his constant compliments make Boone try to up his game.

The flubs Harpring makes bother me the most, though. I am tired of him saying someone is shooting from "the three point land". It's either from "the three point line" or from "three point land". My wife and I laugh when he talks about how players have nice bodies. He also likes to talk about how players like to get their hands on balls. Someone must have spoken to him about it because he changed it to "basketballs". It's also become tired how little preparation he does.

That's one reason I give Locke a pass with his faux pas. Locke works his butt off and tries to get to know the players and work on the ins and outs of the system. Both him and Booner attend practices and know what the coach is trying to do. Boler and Harpring treat this as just their day job. Showing up for as few games as they can get away with. That's why we have to put up with so much Steve Brown.

I also get bothered with Boler says someone is shooting "three throws".

Booner has that lovable Grandpa factor though, and he actually knows basketball.

Boler has the best voice, but doesn't really know basketball.

Harpring knows basketball, but is unbelievably cheesy and annoying.

Brown knows nothing about basketball and constantly makes mistakes, decent voice.

Booner knows basketball, talks way too slow to keep up with game action though.

Agree with all. Have had to switch to the other teams stream the past couple games. Raptors announcers were much much better than brown.

Locke has so many hilariously misused words and dumb phrases he falls back on, though when you're talking to yourself in public 5 hours a day it's to be expected.

His mangling of player names this deep into the season is pretty sloppy. Shout outs to Nick Stoyauskas, Nikola Mirochic and Joe Ingless.

Mispronouncing names is understandable, I would probably do it too.

Calling players completely different names (calling Patrick Patterson as Tyler Hansborough) (Calling Trevor Booker Derrick Favors when Derrick Favors isn't even on the court) kind of dumb.

Jailhouse rim rocker is a common Locke phrase. It also sounds like it would be a common phrase after shower hour at the penitentiary.

Also, next time you watch a game, count how many times harp says "in this league".

Mispronouncing names is understandable, I would probably do it too.

Sure, at first maybe, but how does he get Stoy-au-skas from Stauskas? Everyone else in the league says it correctly. He's either a bit dyslexic or just trollin'.

Jailhouse rim rocker is a common Locke phrase. It also sounds like it would be a common phrase after shower hour at the penitentiary.

Also, next time you watch a game, count how many times harp says "in this league".

Jailhouse rim rocker...I don't think I want one of those.

Really strange how absent Boler has been this season.... not sure what's the explanation for that. He was calling about 90% of the games last year, this year it seems like it's 80% or less.

Can we get confirmation of these stats? tia. rep forthcoming. ciao.

I think Brownie might be Randy Rigby's retarded cousin. In other words, he's got job security. Sigh.

He used the word bedlam in describing trey burke's game winner. Who uses that word?

Another funny one I head the other day was in the Atlanta game. Locke was so impressed that Snyder had called two plays during the timeout in case the Hawks called another timeout. Locke said"Quin is soooooo smart that he called two plays". Then Boone was like, "you don't have to be smart, every single coach does that". Hilarious.

Locke's lust for Snyder is embarrassing. He is obviously trying to pine for a seat next to him. I shut the podcast off everytime when he starts pretending he is Pelton and begins panting over snyder. unbearable.

The next time Bolerjack has a 'hammers in the jumper' or 'hammers in the layup' I will yell BOLERRRRRRRRRR. Note the layup in question was soft teardrop. The only shot that can be hammered in is a slam dunk. ARGH.

I admit Booner has his faults but I never feel like he is just an idiotic talking head. He usually points some something interesting.

I don't like Harpring as an announcer. The next time talks about fouling hard like it is good defense, the intelligence police should fine him $10.

Locke's lust for Snyder is embarrassing. He is obviously trying to pine for a seat next to him. I shut the podcast off everytime when he starts pretending he is Pelton and begins panting over snyder. unbearable.

It's become unbearable.

I just want Hot Rod back... I'd even take a guy who was some sort of impersonator.

Steve Brown makes me want Boler back... And I can't stand Boler. How flipping hard is it to find someone who knows basketball and won't make me want to claw my eyes out.

I really like David Locke on Tip Off and the radio... when he gets annoying you can just shut him off. His play by play isn't fantastic, but I'd take him over Boler and Brown... he'll at least know who the players are even if he can't pronounce their names.

Jailhouse rim rocker...I don't think I want one of those.

If boler asked you if you wanted one, in that silky-sweet smooth voice of his, I don't think anyone would be able to turn him down