What's new

Please for the Love of God No More Steve Brown

The next time Bolerjack has a 'hammers in the jumper' or 'hammers in the layup' I will yell BOLERRRRRRRRRR. Note the layup in question was soft teardrop. The only shot that can be hammered in is a slam dunk. ARGH.

I admit Booner has his faults but I never feel like he is just an idiotic talking head. He usually points some something interesting.

I don't like Harpring as an announcer. The next time talks about fouling hard like it is good defense, the intelligence police should fine him $10.

Hard fouls are a part of good defense. It's pretty far down on the list of importance and comes with some caveats (you have to know WHEN it is of value, and don't get a flagrant), but if you're going to intentionally foul to prevent a basket, you might as well actually prevent them from scoring and shake them up a little.

I have no idea what Steve Brown did to get the jobs he has, and I fear what he does to keep them.

I think I've said too much.

The weird thing about Brownie is that he hasn't declined or become more senile. He's always been shockingly bad. I guess he thinks that fake tan makes up for it. And, ****, can someone get him a suit that doesn't look like it's from Mr. Mac's big and tall section? Jesus.

nvm

Mr. Mac is the one place Brownie can go and get treated like a celebrity. Good for him.

I kind of like Harpring even though he's cheesy as hell, and his constant friendly "bullying" of Boler start to get on my nerves around the start of the second quarter. The rest of the commentators are pretty bad and should probably be replaced by ex-basketball professionals. Steve Brown has been doing this for God knows how long, and he still sounds like someone just explained to him what basketball is right before the game.

I like Brown WAAAAY better than Boner, er, Boler.

"Hayward hammers down a 3!" Dude gets more wrong than right, and he does it all the time.

So Brown stammered a bit. I imagine you can get out of practice when all you do is fill in.

Steve Brown is quite literally the worst sportscaster I've ever seen or heard with exception to the Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy. As mentioned earlier in the thread.

Steve Brown is quite literally the worst sportscaster I've ever seen or heard with exception to the Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy. As mentioned earlier in the thread.

The worst professional sportscaster, at the very least. Wasn't the dynamite guy a college kid or something?

Not sure how many of you follow Haralabos Voulgaris, but he's pretty funny... been on the BS report a few times. He shared our thoughts on Brown.https://twitter.com/haralabob

Scroll down to where he has the Terrance Ross dunk highlight.

Steve Brown is horrible. Honestly I would rather listen to David Lockheim than Brown and David is just unbearable as an announcer too.

The rest of the commentators are pretty bad and should probably be replaced by ex-basketball professionals.

Ex-pros are just as likely to be really bad.

There must be some young Jazz-nerds on the blog scene completely freakin' primed for such an honour. Give someone below the age of 58 a run ffs.

Ex-pros are just as likely to be really bad.

There must be some young Jazz-nerds on the blog scene completely freakin' primed for such an honour. Give someone below the age of 58 a run ffs.

I would even buy a suit that fits.

Just don't hire Andy Larsen from salt city hoops. That guy's voice is worse than Locke. The podcast is almost unbearable.

He is one of the worst announcers I've ever heard. The amount of stuff he gets wrong in a game is breathtaking. I've never seen anything quite like it in my life.

"Gobert is really struggling from the line" (after missing one FT). "Not really, he's shooting 76% for the season" "I meant on that free throw"

"Out of bounds on Booker" (it was Favors it was out of bounds on, and their numbers aren't even close to being similar)

And he's also inherited Bolerjack's amazing ability to not know what the hell a 3 pointer is (why they don't look at the ref who holds his hand up for a 3 and down for a 2 is an absolute mystery to me).

The Jazz really can't find a better backup to Boler (who isn't all that great either)? Not one?

Yup. Nate's post is on point and it's hard to argue with. Mr. Brown's skills are subpar at best and his mistakes are usually glaring ones. I wonder if there is a "higher up" who has the responsibility to listen to the broadcast to see if his employees are doing their job and doing it correctly? I mean, I'm not one for ****ing with someone's paycheck but if you can't do your job, well, maybe there's a spot in concessions for Mr. Brown.

This situation reminds me though of quite a few Jazz fans that would always talk **** about Hundley. I always found it disrespectful and in poor taste. I really liked that dude and he was one of the originals. I hated how he was treated by some of the Jazz fan contingent.