What's new

Poll: Should the Jazz Match Hayward's $15.75 a year/4 year Contract?

Should They Match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote - but I'm still looking for the post where someone said we need to match Hayward because he's going to play like a borderline AS next season.

Also, I hope DL chalks this up as a learning experience - his low-balling efforts last pre-season cost the franchise several million dollars over the next few years. Was anyone really shocked that a white/American above average player got an offer WAY over his then value?
I wasn't surprised at all that Hayward received that contract from the Jazz. I was surprised that the Hornets offered him the contract they did. Did I disagree?? Yes.... I would change my mind on that if Hayward started to be a leader and take control of the game. "Successfully filling the role that we thought he could be. We had hopes that he would be the guy to take control and take over the game in tough situations. Making the players around him better. ,,,,,

With big contracts comes being scrutinized by the fan base. So anyone has the right to judge his actions with different eyes... although I've got pretty slammed here for doing so.
Am I a Hayward hater? No. Would I like him to live up to the expectations? Hell yeah!

I wasn't surprised at all that Hayward received that contract from the Jazz. I was surprised that the Hornets offered him the contract they did. Did I disagree?? Yes.... I would change my mind on that if Hayward started to be a leader and take control of the game. "Successfully filling the role that we thought he could be. We had hopes that he would be the guy to take control and take over the game in tough situations. Making the players around him better. ,,,,,

First you get the money. Then you get the power. Then you get the leader.

You of all people should know this, mang.

I didn't vote - but I'm still looking for the post where someone said we need to match Hayward because he's going to play like a borderline AS next season.

I would imagine that cy would have probably said that.
He was the most supportive of Hayward as far as I remember