What's new

Portland

Random question: Do you guys think that the jazz would be willing to trade Donovan Mitchell for anyone in the nba? Would they do a mitchell for curry trade? AD? Lebron? harden? Durant? Embiid? Leonard? Giannis? I kind of think the answer is no but im curious what jazz fanz think?

I don't want to pollute this Portland thread too much, but the other team that's coming apart is Minnesota. KAT is looking like a mess under Thibs in the playoffs and Wiggins hasn't developed well either. I thought Minnesota was going to be perhaps a threat once GS and Houston start declining -- I don't worry about that anymore.

Of course, the Lakers look like they're going after Kawhi and they have the ammo to do it -- Kuzma or Ingram. Then they can pair him up with Paul George or LeBron.

Yeah they are a mess and Thibs seems to be a relic right now. I think they sign Butler to an extension and move Wiggins this offseason. I always kind of thought he’d be more Rudy Gay than Tracy McGrady but somehow he has even disappointed beyond that. Not sure he’s committed enough to work through it or I’d advocate the Jazz going to get him.

I think Wiggins is moved this offseason. If he is acquired by a smart team I will be terrified that he’s going to figure it out... if he goes to the Lnocks I’ll write him off today.

Yeah they are a mess and Thibs seems to be a relic right now. I think they sign Butler to an extension and move Wiggins this offseason. I always kind of thought he’d be more Rudy Gay than Tracy McGrady but somehow he has even disappointed beyond that. Not sure he’s committed enough to work through it or I’d advocate the Jazz going to get him.

I think Wiggins is moved this offseason. If he is acquired by a smart team I will be terrified that he’s going to figure it out... if he goes to the Lnocks I’ll write him off today.

Knicks not Lnocks.

Random question: Do you guys think that the jazz would be willing to trade Donovan Mitchell for anyone in the nba? Would they do a mitchell for curry trade? AD? Lebron? harden? Durant? Embiid? Leonard? Giannis? I kind of think the answer is no but im curious what jazz fanz think?

Maybe Giannis because he’s got a couple more years on his deal... the rest... no... either contract length or age. DM is an all star on a rookie salary for 3 years and under team control beyond that... does not get much more valuable than that.

I could see Portland blowing it up. Don't think I'd be interested in the Jazz getting involved unless they were steals. CJ just isn't that good, Dame is good, but I get the feeling he's not quite good enough and not a great fit in our system. Aminu would be a good get, but doesn't seem like a deal they'd be looking to get rid of.

No.

Though the management has nearly had a complete turnover, when AK came out he was regarded as untouchable. His personality for the first 2-3 years caught on. Donovan is 10x this and he’s on a rookie deal. The Jazz have been his “first” and they’d want to maintain the guy they found as a shining example, and not trade that for an older player being paid 10x as much without any of the off the court intangibles and charisma. He’s both the cornerstone and capstone of DL’s legacy.

In short, they’re going all in.

No.

Though the management has nearly had a complete turnover, when AK came out he was regarded as untouchable. His personality for the first 2-3 years caught on. Donovan is 10x this and he’s on a rookie deal. The Jazz have been his “first” and they’d want to maintain the guy they found as a shining example, and not trade that for an older player being paid 10x as much without any of the off the court intangibles and charisma. He’s both the cornerstone and capstone of DL’s legacy.

In short, they’re going all in.

They great part is both parties are fully committed to each other and winning.

I could see Portland blowing it up. Don't think I'd be interested in the Jazz getting involved unless they were steals. CJ just isn't that good, Dame is good, but I get the feeling he's not quite good enough and not a great fit in our system. Aminu would be a good get, but doesn't seem like a deal they'd be looking to get rid of.

Dame would fit our system (and basically any other system in the NBA). Handles, work ethic, IQ, heart, and shooting fit into literally any system. Plus he's gone on record saying he'd like to play for the Jazz. We aren't able to get him though.

Anthony Davis, Giannis, or Ben Simmons. Every other guy is too short term on his contract, has a sketchy injury history, not enough time left in his prime, etc.

Portland is saddled with bad contracts that limit them, but they shouldn't overreact to one bad playoff series. The West is tough, and matchups determine which team advances. Portland had a good regular season. It's not like they're Charlotte or Detroit.

I don't want to pollute this Portland thread too much, but the other team that's coming apart is Minnesota. KAT is looking like a mess under Thibs in the playoffs and Wiggins hasn't developed well either. I thought Minnesota was going to be perhaps a threat once GS and Houston start declining -- I don't worry about that anymore.

Of course, the Lakers look like they're going after Kawhi and they have the ammo to do it -- Kuzma or Ingram. Then they can pair him up with Paul George or LeBron.

Thibs is just a terrible coach. That's the main problem for the Wolves.

I don't think the Jazz would trade Donovan for anyone at this point. Looking at his rookie stats, age, upside/potential, and of course the most important factor- he openly wants to be here.... He's basically the perfect fit for us. Same goes for Rudy. We have two stars who openly want to be on the Jazz and are committed to winning here. I don't think the Jazz would trade them.

Dame would fit our system (and basically any other system in the NBA). Handles, work ethic, IQ, heart, and shooting fit into literally any system. Plus he's gone on record saying he'd like to play for the Jazz. We aren't able to get him though.
Our system is defense and passing. Not sure he really does fit that system.

Portland is saddled with bad contracts that limit them, but they shouldn't overreact to one bad playoff series. The West is tough, and matchups determine which team advances. Portland had a good regular season. It's not like they're Charlotte or Detroit.
No they may be worse. Too good to get a real draft pick. Too much salary to improve the team.

Our system is defense and passing. Not sure he really does fit that system.

I mean, his 6.6 assists per game would be tops on our current team by 1 and half more than the next person (rubio at 5.3 apg), and his defense (DBPM) is similar to Exum's output this year...

Even then, his Offense is so much better than anyone has produced on our team this year --> OBPM is nearly 4 times better than anyone on our team (7.7 OBPM > Joe Ingles' team high 2.1 OBPM)

Lillard also plays hero ball and no defense, so yeah.

You are right tho. He is a fan favorite and a good dude overall. The smartest move is probably trading CJ, who is also a wildly overrated ball dancer.

I feel the same way about CJ - he also had a noticeable drop in his efficiency numbers right after getting paid. Huge red flag.

I mean, his 6.6 assists per game would be tops on our current team by 1 and half more than the next person (rubio at 5.3 apg), and his defense (DBPM) is similar to Exum's output this year...

Even then, his Offense is so much better than anyone has produced on our team this year --> OBPM is nearly 4 times better than anyone on our team (7.7 OBPM > Joe Ingles' team high 2.1 OBPM)
He has control of the ball more than any of our players during the course of any given game. He won't get that here.

He's a great player and the Jazz should probably get him if they could. But I literally think this is the worst possible destination for his skill set. He needs the ball a lot to produce like he does and he would be asked to do a lot more on defense if he came here.

I'm sad for Lillard. He's my hometown's hero (Ogden UT) and I really hoped he'd have a great playoffs (until he ran into the Jazz, of course).