What's new

Portland

Random question: Do you guys think that the jazz would be willing to trade Donovan Mitchell for anyone in the nba? Would they do a mitchell for curry trade? AD? Lebron? harden? Durant? Embiid? Leonard? Giannis? I kind of think the answer is no but im curious what jazz fanz think?

Of course they would..... There's a decent sized list tbph...

James Harden is one of the greatest guards to ever play basketball, EASILY. Prime Mitchell won't peak like what we've seen from Harden these last 2 seasons, no way.

LeBron, Durant, AD, Giannis..

Kahwi isn't eligible cuz of the nature of his injury imo.

I'd trade him for Karl Towns and slot him in at PF next to Rudy...

I'd trade him for Ben Simmons too.

I know people wont like this response, but its true. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

He has control of the ball more than any of our players during the course of any given game. He won't get that here.

He's a great player and the Jazz should probably get him if they could. But I literally think this is the worst possible destination for his skill set. He needs the ball a lot to produce like he does and he would be asked to do a lot more on defense if he came here.

He and Donovan have nearly identical usage rates. The difference is Damian finishes his possessions with an assist 31% of the time while Donovan only 19%. Damian also shoots a better percentage, scores with better efficiency, and turns it over less.

Donovan, statistically, is also a negative defensive player. Not as bad as dame, but they aren’t far apart.

Donovan is one of the highest usage players in the league, with less passing than dame, and less efficiency, and is also a negative defender, yet it’s working out just fine, because we have good role players and a historically great defensive anchor.

Final point — DM is Damian 2.0. Who better to groom him?

It’s all moot because we can’t get dame anyway. I just don’t agree that he wouldn’t fit.

Of course they would..... There's a decent sized list tbph...

James Harden is one of the greatest guards to ever play basketball, EASILY.
And yet they wouldn’t trade Kanter for him, you think they’d trade Donovan for him? This isn’t an argument of who has more total talent, but personnel decisions are based on a lot more than total talent, and Donovan would rank up higher than Harden.

Imagine the Jazz trade Donovan for some superstar (don’t care who, insert any name), then that guy doesn’t resign in 2-3 years... DL gets fired for sure. The community wants the Millers’ heads.

I'm sad for Lillard. He's my hometown's hero (Ogden UT) and I really hoped he'd have a great playoffs (until he ran into the Jazz, of course).
Same, I graduated from Weber the same year he was drafted and had a couple classes with him before he was big time. He’s a good person in real life which is rare among pro athletes.

And yet they wouldn’t trade Kanter for him, you think they’d trade Donovan for him? This isn’t an argument of who has more total talent, but personnel decisions are based on a lot more than total talent, and Donovan would rank up higher than Harden.

Imagine the Jazz trade Donovan for some superstar (don’t care who, insert any name), then that guy doesn’t resign in 2-3 years... DL gets fired for sure. The community wants the Millers’ heads.

If you swapped Mitchell for James Harden, immediately they become the best Utah Jazz team ever assembled...They win near 60 games and are deadly serious championship contenders..

Harden is the starting PG on my all-time starting 5... next to Jordan, Durant, LeBron and 30 year old Wilt Chamberlain.

Dame getting ripped on theScore by William Lou: no adjustments to Pels D, not playing an D himself. This has to be seriously depressing for Port fans. Watching your team go from 3 seed to non-competitive bums. From thinking you are absolutely on the right track to wanting to blow it all up. Yikes. How lucky we are.

No way in hell the Jazz trade Mitchell for Simmons. Maybe Giannis, Maybe Anthony Davis. But there isn't a chance in hell they want Simmons more than Mitchell.

You're a bit in denial on this. If (big if), Simmons learns how to shoot then you have a guy that comes close to LeBron's skill set. Even now he's a much bigger Jason Kidd which is pretty awesome.

The downside is he could become Blake Griffin if he loses a step and doesn't learn how to shoot consistently.

a sweep for a 3 seed can really cause major changes. especially in todays sports world. people expect things now.

getting swept to the Pels might be enough to see them blow it up. lets hope Dame comes home.

Some Jazz fans swear they hate Melo more than anything, but Dame is a similar player at the end of the day.

Cap-wise, Portland is a total mess not only next year, but 2019/2020. Dame and CJ are fetching $30 mil each another three years. The contracts for Turner, Harkless and Leonard are untradeable which is another $40 mil per year. To make matters worse, Nurkic is probably their third best player and only on a cheap contract one more year and will bolt for more money as POR can't afford to keep him.

Let them sink under their contracts; that's what they get for making us pay up the wazoo for Millsap and stealing Matthews away from us.

Some Jazz fans swear they hate Melo more than anything, but Dame is a similar player at the end of the day.

they definitely have some similarities but Damian squashes him in career ORtg, BPM, win share rate, assists and shooting in general. They are both negative defensively, but Lillard is a better team player and better offensively. Actually, looking over the stats and advanced crap, Damian is better in nearly every category except rebounding. Plus hes not a complete *** like melo.

Reactions: Tak
It's disillusioned to compare a non-shotblocker, non-man-to-man defender forward's defense to a PG like their on an equal plane, thats like comparing playing Shortstop defensively to a corner outfield spot in baseball....

Defending starting NBA PG's with any sort of consistency is a near impossible task, there are no lock-down PG's any more and for good reason.

If you havent heard - good offense beats good defense in basketball, thats the nature of the beast..

Damian Lillard is one of the greatest 3pt shooters in NBA history, he trades 3's for 2's, Carmelo is a black hole from start to finish, Lillard is a true PG who gets teammates involved for most of the game and then steps up in winning time..

Last edited:
Portland is saddled with bad contracts that limit them, but they shouldn't overreact to one bad playoff series. The West is tough, and matchups determine which team advances. Portland had a good regular season. It's not like they're Charlotte or Detroit.

I was going to comment on this, but someone basically beat me to my point.

Cap-wise, Portland is a total mess not only next year, but 2019/2020. Dame and CJ are fetching $30 mil each another three years. The contracts for Turner, Harkless and Leonard are untradeable which is another $40 mil per year. To make matters worse, Nurkic is probably their third best player and only on a cheap contract one more year and will bolt for more money as POR can't afford to keep him.

Let them sink under their contracts; that's what they get for making us pay up the wazoo for Millsap and stealing Matthews away from us.

To add to this, they also lose Ed Davis (who was pretty good for them) and Shabazz Napier this year.

Their best bet is to trade CJ.