What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I don’t like him for us… but John Collins and Jordan Clarkson for Lavine and another contract seems like it’d be the best offer out there if it was on the table. Wouldn’t want a Zach/Collin backcourt and don’t want to disrupt what Sexton is doing.

ORL would be a great destination for Zach. They could give straight expiring salary for him.

Would you rather trade two firsts or one first while taking Capela’s salary back.

I'm skeptical that ATL would "pay" a first to dump Capela right now, but that would almost certainly take away our ability to R+E Lauri. We might already be there depending on who we would send to ATL as matching salary.

I'm skeptical that ATL would "pay" a first to dump Capela right now, but that would almost certainly take away our ability to R+E Lauri. We might already be there depending on who we would send to ATL as matching salary.
It’s purely hypothetical.

I am out on any trades unless some high level player not rumored right now becomes available.

The only exceptions would be if Clarkson has asked out for some reason. If KO has said he isnt coming back next year. Or if THT can net us something solid in return.

I think most the guys rumored will cost too much. I think you have some desperate teams that are pretty much all in right now and not winning enough. Looking at you Lakers and GS.

I would actually like to see Hayward back, but I don't think he could play the 5 like Collins has in stints. He can shoot and create though. And unlike Collins he is a good passer and ball handler. He still plays pretty well. It would be a great to get him on a buyout. This would be a tough team if he was added with no subtraction.

Trade wise Collins would be the only contract that would work and be worth possibly trading.

Collins has been better of late, but I still think his contract will be an albatross for the team going forward.

I would actually like to see Hayward back, but I don't think he could play the 5 like Collins has in stints. He can shoot and create though. And unlike Collins he is a good passer and ball handler. He still plays pretty well. It would be a great to get him on a buyout. This would be a tough team if he was added with no subtraction.

Trade wise Collins would be the only contract that would work and be worth possibly trading.

Collins has been better of late, but I still think his contract will be an albatross for the team going forward.
If they’re willing to take Collins for Hayward, you do it immediately.

If they’re willing to take Collins for Hayward, you do it immediately.

I'm quite reticent to commit any praise for Ryan Smith to public record, but I trust that he would never stoop to disrespecting Gail Miller by bringing Hayward back into the fold.
He knew full well that the Jazz weren't in play to resign yet he allowed her and The Posse to show up in LA (or wherever it was) and let them plead and grovel for him to return.

Eff his injury prone arse and the horse he rode out on.

I'm quite reticent to commit any praise for Ryan Smith to public record, but I trust that he would never stoop to disrespecting Gail Miller by bringing Hayward back into the fold.
He knew full well that the Jazz weren't in play to resign yet he allowed her and The Posse to show up in LA (or wherever it was) and let them plead and grovel for him to return.

Eff his injury prone arse and the horse he rode out on.
0 interest in a 34 year old Hayward. He isnt good for team chemistry and doesnt add that much to our team if anything. Especially if it means giving up a starter that is playing very well lately and a big part of our success. Collins is the type of PF this board has wanted for years and within seconds of him being here and trying to adapt a bunch of people want to dump him for peanuts. He is overpaid but the contract isnt going to hurt us anytime soon.

According to this article the Spurs have made Doug McDermott and Cedi Osman available. Both are expiring contracts.

How about THT for either player? Cedi would be my preferred option because he is long and experienced. You can never have enough length imho. He would also save the jazz a bit of cash.

THT is the better player but Cedi saves the Jazz a couple million for the 2nd half of the season. We could do worse.

Last edited:
As a bonus, the move would get us under the cap by $41,000 according to NBA trade machine which isn't always completely accurate. The spurs would remain under the cap by $2 million.

Capologists, would we qualify for additional benefits by operating under the cap?

According to this article the Spurs have made Doug McDermott and Cedi Osman available. Both are expiring contracts.

How about THT for either player? Cedi would be my preferred option because his is long and experienced. You can never have enough length imho. He would also save the jazz a bit of cash.

THT is the better player but Cedi saves the Jazz a couple million for the 2nd half of the season. We could do worse.

Watched Cedi Osman in Cavs, when Lauri played for them. I think he fits well to this current Jazz brand