What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I am hearing rumblings that Mikal Bridges might be available. Is the price going to be too high? Would he fit better next to more dominant scorers in Markkanen and Sexton? I have always been a big fan but may not be willing to empty the cupboards either.
I saw that they might be sellers but it was from an aggregator twitter handle that is not real trustworthy at all. It depends on price and he should command a haul but if OKC isn't ready to throw their chips in there aren't a lot of teams with lots of picks that are also contenders.

Something has gone really wrong in Brooklyn... vibes or coaching or something. It feels like more than just losing.

In some way Bridges is the perfect fit but a lot of his value comes because of his budget friendly contract. So in a lot of ways the move after the Bridges move would be what determines its success. Can you capitalize on low cap numbers for him, Lauri, Walker, Collin?

I saw that they might be sellers but it was from an aggregator twitter handle that is not real trustworthy at all. It depends on price and he should command a haul but if OKC isn't ready to throw their chips in there aren't a lot of teams with lots of picks that are also contenders.

Something has gone really wrong in Brooklyn... vibes or coaching or something. It feels like more than just losing.

In some way Bridges is the perfect fit but a lot of his value comes because of his budget friendly contract. So in a lot of ways the move after the Bridges move would be what determines its success. Can you capitalize on low cap numbers for him, Lauri, Walker, Collin?
I'm kind of 100% in on Brandon Ingram know that I know he's an expiring max guy next off-season and New Orleans will certainly want to sell him and they are a lower tier franchise we can maybe bully.

Like the idea of having that jumbo sized playmaker next to Sexton (high energy scorer) and Lauri (off-ball scoring threat).

Grimes is the guy for me... go get him. He shoots 40% on three on high volume and is a good defender. His 3 ball is going up and in at a similar per minute rate to a certain Finnish 7 footer we employ. Hardy will unlock him.

I would probably look to move Ochai in a deal if we got him. Not that you can have too many 3 and D types... but its hard to have enough time for everyone.

I'm not spending my loot on Ingram or Bridges. Bridges would be a great fit, but I refuse to believe the bidding wouldn't start somewhere far north of what Siakam just went for. I think Ingram would be a rental.

I'm with HH on Grimes. That's a cost-structure + player that makes sense to me right now

Who is better between Grimes and Moody? Are their costs different?
I think Grimes is better now but Moody should be better eventually... not sure. Per GS Moody isn't available. Per NY Grimes is available AF.

NY JC/Yurt for Fournier/Grimes I think is a well balanced deal for both.

I'm not spending my loot on Ingram or Bridges. Bridges would be a great fit, but I refuse to believe the bidding wouldn't start somewhere far north of what Siakam just went for. I think Ingram would be a rental.

I'm with HH on Grimes. That's a cost-structure + player that makes sense to me right now
I've just never been a huge Ingram fan. Its probably unfair but his game seems really unfun.

I think Grimes is better now but Moody should be better eventually... not sure. Per GS Moody isn't available. Per NY Grimes is available AF.

NY JC/Yurt for Fournier/Grimes I think is a well balanced deal for both.

I'd say they are about even now, but Moody has a lot more potential IMO. Much better game inside the arc and more of a defensive playmaker. Having said that, it's hard to make a deal with GSW unless they want to include CP3. Maybe they do, but the NYK deal just seems natural. I'm kind of surprised they are abandoning ship on Grimes. I didn't believe it at first, but lots of reports saying they prefer to trade him instead of picks.

Maybe it's because they believe Grimes will give them a much bigger yield than their crappy first rounders. Would you trade JC and Ochai for Grimes/Fournier?

I'd say they are about even now, but Moody has a lot more potential IMO. Much better game inside the arc and more of a defensive playmaker. Having said that, it's hard to make a deal with GSW unless they want to include CP3. Maybe they do, but the NYK deal just seems natural. I'm kind of surprised they are abandoning ship on Grimes. I didn't believe it at first, but lots of reports saying they prefer to trade him instead of picks.

Maybe it's because they believe Grimes will give them a much bigger yield than their crappy first rounders. Would you trade JC and Ochai for Grimes/Fournier?
Yes. Ochai is sexy AF and transition Ochai is fun. The rest... meh.

I think Grimes is a better defender and the volume and percentage on the threes set him apart on offense for now but Moody seems to have more potential on the plus part of the 3 and D+.

I also don't think Fournier is completely finished as a player. Hardy loves him some castoffs.

I do think NY would value getting Yurt to bolster the center position.

Give me either Moody or Grimes. I’ll take either. Just not convinced GS will price Moody in a way that makes it work for us. KO for moody GP2 would save them some cap next year. KO/THT and one filler Ochai for CP and Moody saves them infinity dollars in tax.

I just think JC matches as close as possible to what NY has been rumored to want.

I'd just stick with Ochai over Grimes. You arent getting some kind of prize with Grimes.

Better defender, has an extra year of rookie contract (biggest factor currently), rave reviews as far as personality/leadership/low maintenance. If he ever puts his stuff together he's got more potential than Grimes due to the athleticism and ability to finish above the rim.

All the stuff we use to try and force Ochai to do offensive stuff with DHO and screens might actually work with Grimes. I’d keep Ochai too if that was an option. I just don’t have much hope for him to be anything more than a solid defender and corner 3 shooter who does a few athletic things here and there.