What's new

Potential Trade Targets

And coincidentally the pick Ainge traded with Thomas for Kyrie turned into Sexton.
shocked-face-surprised.gif

There was a universe where the Mitchell trade deal was centered around Barrett and Grimes. Barrett has been great for TOR tbf.....but imagine we don't have Lauri, Sexton, or the picks.

Grimes is a glorified Ochai who is a glorified Miye Oni.
Ochais number one hater errybody.

I like Grimes quite a bit more than Ochai and I do think Hardy could tease a lot more out of him than Thibs is. He’s not Desmond Bane like the Knicks thought but I think he could be a legit high volume 3 and D plus guy.

Next year this time that will be a discussion. Not entirely certain what NOLA's cap stuff is, but they are cheap and they have a lot of expensive players.

I would think they end up doing stuff to move around money so they can keep him, but not entirely sure what they can/cant do.
Ingram is UFA summer of '25, same as Murphy and Alvarado. If they either extend him or trade him for some matching salary, they'll have Zion, CJ and BI (or replacement) for a total of $110M or so, but the only other player on a non-rookie contract is Herb Jones ($14M in 25/26). Depending on what they do between now and then, it sounds like they can extend Murphy quite easily.

Ingram is UFA summer of '25, same as Murphy and Alvarado. If they either extend him or trade him for some matching salary, they'll have Zion, CJ and BI (or replacement) for a total of $110M or so, but the only other player on a non-rookie contract is Herb Jones ($14M in 25/26). Depending on what they do between now and then, it sounds like they can extend Murphy quite easily.
Murphy might be one of the last guys they should and will trade.

There was a universe where the Mitchell trade deal was centered around Barrett and Grimes. Barrett has been great for TOR tbf.....but imagine we don't have Lauri, Sexton, or the picks.

Grimes is a glorified Ochai who is a glorified Miye Oni.
I was doing the lord’s work on here hyping up everyone about Barrett… man we dodged a bullet there.

Zion is due for 40 million that season, CJ 30. Ingram will demand the max, which will be around 50 million. Herb Jones is also on the books for 14 million so a Murphy extension will see them capped out with these five players.

Zion is due for 40 million that season, CJ 30. Ingram will demand the max, which will be around 50 million. Herb Jones is also on the books for 14 million so a Murphy extension will see them capped out with these five players.
They'll be over the cap for sure, but CJ will come off the books the next summer, and if BI ends up being traded for matching salary instead of extended, that might make the situation a little better. I don't see them let Murphy walk at least.

I read a rumor the other day that BIngram doesn't want to resign in Pelicanlandia. So... they may want to ship him out between now and next year. I do think they want to have a playoff run with their current squad first, but I could see them sweating watching Siakam go for pennies on the dollar.

That doesn't mean Ingram wants to play in Utah either so the conversation clearly will require an extension sign and trade.

I LOVE me some Herb Jones though. So if they keep Pelicanning then maybe we can snatch another reasonable contract highly efficient player like Herb to run with the island of misfit toys jazz.

They'll be over the cap for sure, but CJ will come off the books the next summer, and if BI ends up being traded for matching salary instead of extended, that might make the situation a little better. I don't see them let Murphy walk at least.
Totally agree. I just pointed out their cap situation.

Reactions: hgb
KO situation is interesting. Do we punt on cap space aspirations this year and try to extend him? If we don't extend him, do we try to fetch a first for him right now?

He could get an extension starting close to $17M. That's about what his cap hold is, and I think that should be more than enough for his next contract. He feels like a full MLE guy on the open market.
Not sure what you mean by full MLE... like 4/60M? I bet he gets like 2/25M.

His caphold is 18M. If he makes it on the roster past the deadline I would offer something in the 2/25M (total). I would kick the tires on if that is enough. $17M per year sounds too high unless that is like a one year number.

I read a rumor the other day that BIngram doesn't want to resign in Pelicanlandia. So... they may want to ship him out between now and next year. I do think they want to have a playoff run with their current squad first, but I could see them sweating watching Siakam go for pennies on the dollar.

That doesn't mean Ingram wants to play in Utah either so the conversation clearly will require an extension sign and trade.
If Ingram do
Not sure what you mean by full MLE... like 4/60M? I bet he gets like 2/25M.

His caphold is 18M. If he makes it on the roster past the deadline I would offer something in the 2/25M (total). I would kick the tires on if that is enough. $17M per year sounds too high unless that is like a one year number.
The really good teams who could use him can't afford to offer him much as they have no cap space. If he is not traded, I think his options are either going to a really bad team for good money to help their culture or re-sign with us. I have no idea what other teams would offer him, but think 3 for 35 with a small guarantee for the third year would be good for both parties.

I guess I'd go after Ingram then. Could be a perfect fit next to Sexton/Lauri as our iso bucket getter.

Hopefully NOLA has a hard first round flame out so they are more willing to deal him.

Plus if you're a hardline timeline "my team's best players all must be within a year or two of each other's age" Ingram also fits that.

I guess I'd go after Ingram then. Could be a perfect fit next to Sexton/Lauri as our iso bucket getter.

Hopefully NOLA has a hard first round flame out so they are more willing to deal him.

Plus if you're a hardline timeline "my team's best players all must be within a year or two of each other's age" Ingram also fits that.
Yeah Ingram would be a nice fit for us.

Not sure what happened but Trey Murphy has taken a backseat this year and Pelicans seems to like Hawkins much more.

They will have to pay him soon and if the two sides fail to agree to an extension this summer, he will be an interesting name in the trade conversations.

Basically a younger and cheaper version of Cam Johnson that will be useful to any teams.

View: https://youtu.be/JtHJXIpW3r0?si=h-24ACAFLcq58tg3