What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Ochais number one hater errybody.

I like Grimes quite a bit more than Ochai and I do think Hardy could tease a lot more out of him than Thibs is. He’s not Desmond Bane like the Knicks thought but I think he could be a legit high volume 3 and D plus guy.
Ochai's inconsistency on offense, especially 3 pt shooting hurts him. Most of his 3 pt shots aren't even close, and his attempts are mostly wide open shots. His D has been better this year though, so credit him for that.

Not sure what is going on with his shooting, but hopefully he can become a consistent threat to be a true 3&D player.

So put me on the list of Ochai doubters.

They adding a first.
Seems like that would be too much for them to give up unless they are really desperate for the money savings which I can't imagine they are.

If Lowry was a negative player it'd be one thing, but he's still productive for them. He plays 28 MPG and they have no other PG on the roster. Dunn would probably have to be in any deal we make for Lowry unless the Heat are going after Sexton and giving up multiple picks.

Ochai's inconsistency on offense, especially 3 pt shooting hurts him. Most of his 3 pt shots aren't even close, and his attempts are mostly wide open shots. His D has been better this year though, so credit him for that.

Not sure what is going on with his shooting, but hopefully he can become a consistent threat to be a true 3&D player.

I have all the confidence in the world in Ochai. When you have that good of a shooting stroke things will click at some point and he will be the perfect 3 and D guy. Defensively he has improved significantly this year and more importantly he seems to be embracing his role defensively.

The thing that hurts him on offense is that he cant do anything outside of shoot corner 3's or play in transition. That's it. He's basically useless in halfcourt offense. He does a decent job of moving the ball on offense when he gets it, so he isnt as negative as he could be. Shooters will always ebb and flow, but when you dont have anything else to prop up your contributions on offense, it looks ugly when you're on a cold streak.

Luckily he has some moments of 1 on 1 defensive brilliance. He's so good at elevating quickly to contest shots. Not often you will see a guard sized player block a guy like Devin Booker in a 1 on 1 situation.

I was doing the lord’s work on here hyping up everyone about Barrett… man we dodged a bullet there.
Barrett has at least been much improved this year. For some reason he plays like trash against the jazz though.

Not sure what you mean by full MLE... like 4/60M? I bet he gets like 2/25M.

His caphold is 18M. If he makes it on the roster past the deadline I would offer something in the 2/25M (total). I would kick the tires on if that is enough. $17M per year sounds too high unless that is like a one year number.

I just mean his next deal will start what the full MLE is, not necessarily that he will get all the years. I think it is about $13M, and I don't think he can expect more (unless it's a one year overpay type of thing), so we should be able to extend him with well under the $17M starting point we're allowed to give him.

Not sure what happened but Trey Murphy has taken a backseat this year and Pelicans seems to like Hawkins much more.

They will have to pay him soon and if the two sides fail to agree to an extension this summer, he will be an interesting name in the trade conversations.

Basically a younger and cheaper version of Cam Johnson that will be useful to any teams.

View: https://youtu.be/JtHJXIpW3r0?si=h-24ACAFLcq58tg3

He definitely hasn't taken a back seat. He missed the first portion of the year recovering from a knee injury but now he is back to playing the same role he did for them last year.

He definitely hasn't taken a back seat. He missed the first portion of the year recovering from a knee injury but now he is back to playing the same role he did for them last year.
They are also healthier. Of course Zion/CJ/Ingram are going to take stuff away.

I can feel a trade in my bones! I don't see us trading any of our major contributors like Sexton or Clarkson unless we're offered a stupid trade. I can see us moving THT or KO as they're expiring - no doubt some teams like KO as he can contribute and deserves minutes on most teams.

Not really. He only started in 2 of 18 games this season. Last season he was a starter in 65 out of 79 games. His minutes, touches and shots taken all have gone down.

Seems like that would be too much for them to give up unless they are really desperate for the money savings which I can't imagine they are.

If Lowry was a negative player it'd be one thing, but he's still productive for them. He plays 28 MPG and they have no other PG on the roster. Dunn would probably have to be in any deal we make for Lowry unless the Heat are going after Sexton and giving up multiple picks.
What incentive do we have for doing that deal then?

What incentive do we have for doing that deal then?
I'm fairly certain a deal with KO and JC Nets more than the ghost of Lowery, especially as the remaining years of JC are on a really good value, especially if we are forced to give them a point too

I'm fairly certain a deal with KO and JC Nets more than the ghost of Lowery, especially as the remaining years of JC are on a really good value, especially if we are forced to give them a point too
Well in this case it’s THT/KO but it’s just swapping expiring salary for expiring salary. What is the point for us when KO is the most valuable asset in the deal by a large margin.

Not really. He only started in 2 of 18 games this season. Last season he was a starter in 65 out of 79 games. His minutes, touches and shots taken all have gone down.
That was because last year they were destroyed by injuries. This year they have been pretty healthy since he got back and he isn't going to start over Ingram, Zion or Herb.

That was because last year they were destroyed by injuries. This year they have been pretty healthy since he got back and he isn't going to start over Ingram, Zion or Herb.
He should start over Herb.

I am hearing rumblings that Mikal Bridges might be available. Is the price going to be too high? Would he fit better next to more dominant scorers in Markkanen and Sexton? I have always been a big fan but may not be willing to empty the cupboards either.