What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Is that literally all that was said or was there anything else?
Very little time talking about the Jazz, for the minute or two it was just about Collins. He said before moving on to another team that Detroit was a team talking to Atlanta about Collins this summer so keep an eye out there.

Very little time talking about the Jazz, for the minute or two it was just about Collins. He said before moving on to another team that Detroit was a team talking to Atlanta about Collins this summer so keep an eye out there.
Wiseman and Burks would be matching expiring salary. They have Washington's 2nd round pick this year I believe.

Wiseman and Burks would be matching expiring salary. They have Washington's 2nd round pick this year I believe.
It’s the better of Washington’s and Memphis which is going to be a good one either way.

It did seem oddly specific like he was throwing us a little nugget.

It’s the better of Washington’s and Memphis which is going to be a good one either way.

It did seem oddly specific like he was throwing us a little nugget.
Also, Tony Jones said this in his recent Jazz trade article
It’s not a given that the front office makes a move, however. From a roster-building standpoint, the Jazz are in a position to have significant cap space this summer, and that flexibility is something that the organization is hesitant to surrender. There are several deals on the roster set to expire, and this summer might be the last time the Jazz have the kind of ability to maneuver in different directions.
So if they have to surrender cap-space to take on a D'Lo to get an extra pick, they can offset that by dealing Collins to Detroit for the expiring contracts of Burks/Wiseman. Get them to throw in a 2nd so you can spin the Collins experience as a net asset gain.

Also Hayes+Wiseman works if the Pistons want to save Burks for a more value forward trade or keep him to avoid being the worst team of all time.

Also, Tony Jones said this in his recent Jazz trade article

So if they have to surrender cap-space to take on a D'Lo to get an extra pick, they can offset that by dealing Collins to Detroit for the expiring contracts of Burks/Wiseman. Get them to throw in a 2nd so you can spin the Collins experience as a net asset gain.
AB has value as a player though... they could get a second or two for him. They also like him and would like to retain him. I would guess Harris/Wiseman for JC/THT type of deal. Could also do Harris for JC straight up.

AB has value as a player though... they could get a second or two for him. They also like him and would like to retain him. I would guess Harris/Wiseman for JC/THT type of deal. Could also do Harris for JC straight up.
Could also does Wiseman/Harris/2nd rounder for Collins. Saves Detroit more money this year to make it valuable for them.

It's actually incredibly easy to get Collins to Detroit. A lot of different player combinations.

I like Fisher a lot... sometimes I wonder if he gets more stale info than the other rumor mongers. I think he usually gives it straight though whereas the other rumor mongers seem to protect relationships a bit more.

I like Fisher a lot... sometimes I wonder if he gets more stale info than the other rumor mongers. I think he usually gives it straight though whereas the other rumor mongers seem to protect relationships a bit more.

I actually have the opposite impression of him. I think his standard of reporting a rumor is lower than others, and that's why he's able to produce so many and sometimes that allows him to be on the cutting edge. He's not 100% kind of reporter like Shams and Woj, but I can't recall a reason to think his info is stale.

I actually have the opposite impression of him. I think his standard of reporting a rumor is lower than others, and that's why he's able to produce so many and sometimes that allows him to be on the cutting edge. He's not 100% kind of reporter like Shams and Woj, but I can't recall a reason to think his info is stale.
I don't think this is wrong. I just think the stuff he gets sometimes might be from lower rung nba personnel that may not be in on the current convos. Really have no specific examples of this. I think some nba folks come to shams and woj whereas Jake might have to do more calling around... so it may have been a week or two since he talked with someone from a particular team but like you said... his standards are lower so he will report it in an article. There have just been a couple times I think the info might be dated.

It sounds like he has talked with Jazz folks recently as he threw a lot out in his article.

I also just like him. He seems super quirky and has a nerdy dry sense of humor I find kinda refreshing.

I don’t know about that. He was all over Collins to Utah last year where as I don’t think it was being reported by anyone else much.

I also feel like Shams and Woj just have the big name stuff when it is close or was close.

I don't think the Jazz are in on just dumping Collins. If we are sending him to Detroit, maybe ask for Monte Morris plus expirings.

I like Collins, and he's playing much better, but the Jazz should leap at the opportunity to redirect him to DET if it's available. If we never planned on being a PnR team, we never should have gone after Collins in the first place.

I like Collins, and he's playing much better, but the Jazz should leap at the opportunity to redirect him to DET if it's available. If we never planned on being a PnR team, we never should have gone after Collins in the first place.
I agree. I do struggle to see a good use of our cap space next summer after extending Lauri so I'm not dying to do it... and he's useful. I think we had more opportunity last summer to get something solid out of our space.

With dumb teams having lots of space this summer... I think there will be some opportunities to offload players on the cheap.

I agree. I do struggle to see a good use of our cap space next summer after extending Lauri so I'm not dying to do it... and he's useful. I think we had more opportunity last summer to get something solid out of our space.

With dumb teams having lots of space this summer... I think there will be some opportunities to offload players on the cheap.

Yeah, I don't have big expectations for cap space either....one of the reasons why I was ok with the Collins trade initially. But I think a better use of cap space can be as simple as re-signing KO. I know we could probably do that anyways, but it gives us more flexibility if we want to try doing anything else and KO is much more of a Hardy system player than Collins IMO. Collins is starting to play better and I think he will continue playing at this level, but I think we can rule out the scenario where taking a flier on Collins went extremely well and he's a big part of our future beyond his current. I think we're better off going with KO for the next couple of years and giving TH some minutes.