What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Yeah, I don't have big expectations for cap space either....one of the reasons why I was ok with the Collins trade initially. But I think a better use of cap space can be as simple as re-signing KO. I know we could probably do that anyways, but it gives us more flexibility if we want to try doing anything else and KO is much more of a Hardy system player than Collins IMO. Collins is starting to play better and I think he will continue playing at this level, but I think we can rule out the scenario where taking a flier on Collins went extremely well and he's a big part of our future beyond his current. I think we're better off going with KO for the next couple of years and giving TH some minutes.
The FA list is particularly rough this offseason. Still... give me cap space.

He only makes sense for a team that has no soul and is desperate to win at all costs and also has limited or no resources... so basically he's a Laker or Sun.
Apparently the Suns are indeed interested and confident they can get a deal done. Lakers are still trying to get Murray, but the Hawks aren’t interested in DLo.

I have not been to any Best Buy parking lots lately. Are there any actual rumors out there I can pay attention to these next two weeks?
I think the ones with most legs are JC to NY for Grimes/fournier. I think KO has a lot of interest but no specific rumors.

THT for Miles Bridges + 2 2RP. The Jazz would then waive him and the Hornets could resign in the summer. Hornets have a problem with free agents so it gives them THT as an option. The Jazz gets those high value 2RP from the Hornets which are like low risk picks with a chance to get someone with talent/diamond in the rough - fantastic for future trades.

Last edited:
THT for Miles Bridges + 2 2RP. The Jazz would then waive him and the Hornets could resign in the summer. Hornets have a problem with free agents so it gives them THT as an option. The Jazz gets those high value 2RP from the Hornets which are like low risk picks with a chance to get someone with talent/diamond in the rough - fantastic for future trades.
What the ...

We could trade Dunn + Miles + 2RP to the Lakers to lift the 2007 protections. The Lakers are pick hungry. But I don't know if the Lakers would tolerate any controversy.
Then I would trade JC to NYk for Grimes/Fournier + Pick.

Net effect of all these actions... THT, Dunn, JC for T.Price, Grimes, Fournier + NYK pick + lifting the Lakers 2007 pick. Yeah we downgraded our guards but we didn't take on much salary got a young prospect, doubled the Lakers pick value, and got a pick from the Knicks.

A Grimes, Sexton starting lineup would be pretty nice. Key would have to step up or we might have to trade for a PG.

But...Bruce can pass and we would fit with a Sexton, Grimes lineup..just saying.

Last edited:
That is a terrible look. WTF is Ainge thinking?

If Bridges is in, I'm out.
Ainge and the Celtics were always willing to pick up players that were really good but had character flaws. Cancel culture vs giving a guy another chance... it is clear where Ainge sits.

But Bridges story is pretty bad. I would not be surprised if Ainge ignores it in pursuit of winning.

We could trade Dunn + Miles + 2RP to the Lakers to lift the 2007 protections. The Lakers are pick hungry. But I don't know if the Lakers would tolerate any controversy.
I’m pretty sure Miles couldn’t be aggregated.

Ainge and the Celtics were always willing to pick up players that were really good but had character flaws. Cancel culture vs giving a guy another chance... it is clear where Ainge sits.

But Bridges story is pretty bad. I would not be surprised if Ainge ignores it in pursuit of winning.
We pasted on Cam Whitmore because of character issues, right? he dropped 24/11 last night.