What's new

Potential Trade Targets

If I was Toronto I would do the Detroit pick for KO.

KO would be a great fit with Scotty. KO could also mentor Johntay, who looked promising for the Raptors.

Plus he's Canadian.

is there a small forward 6'7" or taller who can really shoot the ball that could be had for KO and TNT along with 3 first round picks from the jazz. push all in a go for it. i just dont know what that buys. who could we get if we really tried? please dont say zach lavine. i want a young up and comer who has real potential.

is there a small forward 6'7" or taller who can really shoot the ball that could be had for KO and TNT along with 3 first round picks from the jazz. push all in a go for it. i just dont know what that buys. who could we get if we really tried? please dont say zach lavine. i want a young up and comer who has real potential.
Jerami Grant, but meh.

Indiana would have to think about 3 firsts and KO for Mathurin. Its a haul.

Also, Brandon Ingram doesn't want to resign in Pelicanlandia. I think 2 firsts would be tempting for them. 3 would easily tempt them depending on where they are as a squad. Then again, they are 5th in the west right now and they haven't won in a long time.

Also, Brandon Ingram doesn't want to resign in Pelicanlandia. I think 2 firsts would be tempting for them. 3 would easily tempt them depending on where they are as a squad. Then again, they are 5th in the west right now and they haven't won in a long time.
Mathurin? Zero chance I’m trading anywhere near 3 firsts for him.

Brandon Ingram would be one of the worst use of the picks we got in the trades last off season. He is going to demand the max and does not contribute much to winning basketball. He has never been above 20 PER for a season, does not shoot many threes and does not hit than at a high rate, has an average TS and lower win shares and VOR than Collin Sexton.

Mathurin? Zero chance I’m trading anywhere near 3 firsts for him.
Agreed, that would be a crazy overpay. I haven't watched him that much, but while he does have some highlights, he strikes me as being really inconsistent.

Brandon Ingram would be one of the worst use of the picks we got in the trades last off season. He is going to demand the max and does not contribute much to winning basketball. He has never been above 20 PER for a season, does not shoot many threes and does not hit than at a high rate, has an average TS and lower win shares and VOR than Collin Sexton.
BI has been much better this year (largely eyeball test with a small sample) than I anticipated, but I'm still on the fence with him.

Wait...Sexton for all the remaining Laker's trade assets, plus removing the 2007 protections and a good player. Man, it would tank our season and maybe future runs but...dang that is tempting...Sexton plus Dunn works extremely well, I don't know if you can easily recreate that dynamic.

Kuz, if you can get him in a deal is my choice. He's a top 75 player who would boost the offense whenever it stalls. He has a long contract and reasonably priced. But we may want something bigger in the next two years so who knows.

Kuzma probably the only player like that who is available and would probably be 2 first round picks.

Also possibly Klay Thompson.

Kuzma probably the only player like that who is available and would probably be 2 first round picks.
I would do two Minny, top 15 protected. Klay would be great floor spacer. If he would be willing to come off the bench that would work well because I think his injury has hurt him.

Last edited:
I’m just not seeing any reason to do any trades this year unless we see a Collins type deal where we give nothing and sure as hell don’t understand why we need to trade for a pg when we have our future pg in Key. We need to wait till we see a trade available that for sure upgrades the team. I just don’t see it this year.

I would do two Minny, top 15 protected. Klay would be great floor spacer. If he would be willing to come off the bench that would work well because I think his injury has hurt him.
He’s a FA ain’t no way I’m doing even one first for him. If you want him then clear space and make an offer in the offseason.

He’s a FA ain’t no way I’m doing even one first for him. If you want him then clear space and make an offer in the offseason.
True dat in Klay. For me THT + Ochai plus protected picks for Kuzma. I would want to make a playoff run now and skip this rebuilding phase. So it will not likely happen.

This would hurt Clarkson's minutes and push Simone to the bench so you may have to do another trade if you bring in Kuz.

Last edited:
Do a trade while everyone's values are high or run what you brung and give these guys a chance to see what they can do, tough call.

Wait...Sexton for all the remaining Laker's trade assets, plus removing the 2007 protections and a good player. Man, it would tank our season and maybe future runs but...dang that is tempting...Sexton plus Dunn works extremely well, I don't know if you can easily recreate that dynamic.
Sure that would be tempting but it appears Lakers are not willing to do that for Dejounte and are now looking to acquire either Sexton or Tyus on "the cheap" for lesser salary matching assets. No way Ainge is giving away any of our contributors esp with Lauri ready to "win now."