What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I think I’m slightly biased against Grimes because my predraft read on him was that he was very limited outside of being a jump shooter. Couldn’t score inside the arc, didn’t create his shot well, make plays off the dribble etc. Basically he could only make it if he was a really good shooter, and if he was you’d get a lower ceiling end product.

To his credit, he is a great shooter and that’s why he’ll be a valuable player in this league. If all it costs is JC I’m fine with it…but I don’t see a lot of potential in his game beyond what he’s doing now. Could we potentially unlock him more? I guess so….but I actually think he benefits from playing with Randle and Brunson. I’m not sure he’s capable of doing more stuff.

Also, Tbf I need to take a closer look at his defense.

I prefer Moody who is younger and much more dynamic IMO, but I’m not sure there is a deal there to be made. I’m not sure how far the Knicks have come down on Grimes, but if there still looking at him as a high value asset idk if I’d do it. He can’t be a “superstar package” centerpiece, like he was.
It sounds like... based purely on twitter convo... that Grimes/Fournier for JC would require maybe a mild sweetener from the Knicks (they have a lot of seconds... including ours this year).

If the cost of Moody was KO/JC for Moody CP... I would prefer that deal. I don't think they are selling low on him though. I think they are going to manage the current situation and move off of Wiggins or Green if they can... prolly negotiate hard with Klay and depending on which of those guys returns or they are able to unload... they will commit to the youth movement (and duck the tax).

I don't think there is a ton to get out of Grimes. I think he is super solid and can be maximized a bit with a little more screen action and I think he is a competent ball handler/passer in ways that I wouldn't trust Ochai or Tech.

Moody would be a nice get. Every time I watch he seems to do something that surprises me a bit and his percentages are trending higher. Still very young. I think they will want full price for him and Grimes is on a discount (from his historic price anyway).

Whelp, I think the time has come to trade Lauri to OKC. His value is an all-time high and OKC would open a real title-window with the trade. I think right now we are on the same path as the 2013-14 Phoenix Suns.

Trade I am thinking would be based around Josh Giddy (as the new PG for the Jazz) & Cason Wallace, the Jazz 2024 pick, & some other picks out in the future.

I think Giddy & Wallace could be stars, especially putting the ball in Giddy's hands. You are then ready to lean into a real rebuild full of young talent & a stack of draft picks that the league has never seen. Jazz would be in the position to get any star that is remotely available going forward.

Trading Lauri doesn't mean we tank, because you already have a ton of high-end talent and would still be very competative. Instead you focus on development while growing towards the future.

Youth: Giddy, Wallace, George, Ochai, Hendricks, Kessler - that is a lot of talent
Vets: Sexton, JC, JC, Olynk, Dunn, Fontechio - This is a good group of lockeroom/culture setters.

honesty hate that. no giving lauri away unless i got a great return fro okc. that starts with williams and at least 2 picks

Whelp, I think the time has come to trade Lauri to OKC. His value is an all-time high and OKC would open a real title-window with the trade. I think right now we are on the same path as the 2013-14 Phoenix Suns.

Trade I am thinking would be based around Josh Giddy (as the new PG for the Jazz) & Cason Wallace, the Jazz 2024 pick, & some other picks out in the future.

I think Giddy & Wallace could be stars, especially putting the ball in Giddy's hands. You are then ready to lean into a real rebuild full of young talent & a stack of draft picks that the league has never seen. Jazz would be in the position to get any star that is remotely available going forward.

Trading Lauri doesn't mean we tank, because you already have a ton of high-end talent and would still be very competative. Instead you focus on development while growing towards the future.

Youth: Giddy, Wallace, George, Ochai, Hendricks, Kessler - that is a lot of talent
Vets: Sexton, JC, JC, Olynk, Dunn, Fontechio - This is a good group of lockeroom/culture setters.
1705697921351.gif

34mvav.jpg

What the ****?

View: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1748441083007406555

This feels interesting (or its nothing)... Are Bucks doing a three team deal with Dame?

View: https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1748056859926200764

Three team deal with Lowry to Atlanta... Herro and Murray to Milwaukee... Dame to Miami... picks to Atlanta... hmmmmmmmmm

I love how it's BREAKING NEWS that multiple teams are maybe interested in trading for a player, probably. I ****ing hate the media.

I love how it's BREAKING NEWS that multiple teams are maybe interested in trading for a player, probably. I ****ing hate the media.
Yeah... its funny. If it is just they made a call I'm not sure why the caps... if it is cuz the bucks are moving Dame they got the wrong headline.

I do wonder if there is a 3-team trade possibility with the Jazz/Hawks/Knicks.

Dejounte to Utah

Clarkson to New York

Fournier + 2 firsts + prospect to Atlanta

One first from us and one from the Knicks. The prospect could be Grimes or maybe we take Grimes and send Ochai to the Hawks.
How about Clarkson and the Laker pick for Dejounte and leaving the Knicks out?

Would anyone do Clarkson, Ochai, and the Lakers pick for Murray? That is probably what I would do. I think Murray an Sexton would look good, and it would give Key the keys to the second unit where he could pair with Dunn.

That's a better package than the Lakers are offering, I'm pretty sure.

Last month I was building around Lauri and Keyonte. Now I am interested in building a team around Lauri and Sexton. I guess I am in on Murray

Last month I was building around Lauri and Keyonte. Now I am interested in building a team around Lauri and Sexton. I guess I am in on Murray
Sexton and George can work together I think. It ain't gotta be one or the other.

Would anyone do Clarkson, Ochai, and the Lakers pick for Murray? That is probably what I would do. I think Murray an Sexton would look good, and it would give Key the keys to the second unit where he could pair with Dunn.

That's a better package than the Lakers are offering, I'm pretty sure.
Guessing the Lakers are offering DLo, Hood-Schifino, and a 2029 pick and maybe a swap. So I think its close. IF that is what we had to give up I think most would do it.

I think Murray ends up with the Nets. I think we do something but its a more patient type move.