What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Maybe on the court... he's an asshat as a teammate potentially. The Rudy **** talking stuff in Minny shows a lack of maturity still.

But yeah... a contender wouldn't love him as a starter imo... but as a bench player he'd be damn good if he buys in.

Maybe I don't this stuff seriously enough, but I honestly feel like that stuff is just a huge nothing bomb. It's fun to write stories about I guess, but I don't really care too much. Same goes for Murray being weird asf ect. As long as you have a good locker room you're fine. These things are overexaggerated when things are going good or bad. Been through too many cycles of good and bad "vibes" to think it's super consequential. If a team is playing good, the vibes are good. If not, they are bad. Heck, we have a few former bad vibes guys on our team right now.

IMO, we should be very open to taking compensation for JC and replacing him with DLO. DLO is younger, a more efficient scorer, a better passer, and I'd also argue a better defender. I don't think we should be looking to solve every piece of the puzzle right now, so I'm not worried about potential fits with Key/Sexton. It's not like JC is ideal anyways. Just make positive exchanges/moves and the end result will be good. I'm a fan of JC, but this seems like a no brainer decision for me where JC is overrated as a player and DLO is underrated.

Last edited:
It sounds like DLo definitely gone. What if the deal was KO/THT to Atlanta, DLo to Utah, Murray to LA. We get all the pick protections removed and a second rounder. Atlanta gets the other stuff (picks swaps JHS).

Say we have a separate deal lined up for Clarkson in this instance. Are we in/out?
HH's trade machine's been drinking too much today.

Maybe I don't this stuff seriously enough, but I honestly feel like that stuff is just a huge nothing bomb. It's fun to write stories about I guess, but I don't really care too much. Same goes for Murray being weird asf ect. As long as you have a good locker room you're fine. These things are overexaggerated when things are going good or bad. Been through too many cycles of good and bad "vibes" to think it's super consequential. If a team is playing good, the vibes are good. If not, they are bad. Heck, we have a few former bad vibes guys on our team right now.

IMO, we should be very open to taking compensation for JC and replacing him with DLO. DLO is younger, a more efficient scorer, a better passer, and I'd also argue a better defender. I don't think we should be looking to solve every piece of the puzzle right now, so I'm not worried about potential fits with Key/Sexton. It's not like JC is ideal anyways. Just make positive exchanges/moves and the end result will be good. I'm a fan of JC, but this seems like a no brainer decision for me where JC is overrated as a player and DLO is underrated.
I think the vibes are important. Don’t want to kill the vibes but also the vibes don’t carry you to wins. I think there is a reason JC has more value than Russell and part of it is off court, vibes, attitude or however you want to position it. I think he has a rep but maybe it’s more manageable than we might think.

If we did do a Jc for positive value and take dlo for value it could be a pretty smooth move. Especially when we knock the Lakers out the play in behind Dlos 45 points.

And I swear… I told everyone what the lakers should do last year and mentioned the idea of cap space was stupid so just take Conley… Pelinka is a dummy and I’d do business with him as much as possible.

I think the vibes are important. Don’t want to kill the vibes but also the vibes don’t carry you to wins. I think there is a reason JC has more value than Russell and part of it is off court, vibes, attitude or however you want to position it. I think he has a rep but maybe it’s more manageable than we might think.

If we did do a Jc for positive value and take dlo for value it could be a pretty smooth move. Especially when we knock the Lakers out the play in behind Dlos 45 points.

They mean something, but personally I feel like they are the aftermath of good/bad performance and not the thing that drives good/bad performance. Like how many times were the vibes immaculate with Don/Rudy, until they weren't, then it flipped again, and then again. To this day I think some will still attribute the lack of success to their lack of friendship, but I'm still going to attribute it to the lack of roster balance skill wise. They were not going to vibe their way into being able to play defense in the playoffs.

I don't think DLO is innocent and all clear of being challenging to work with either....but like half our rotation has had some kind of bad reputation at one point. They were clowns, unhappy malcontents, selfish.....whatever.

They mean something, but personally I feel like they are the aftermath of good/bad performance and not the thing that drives good/bad performance. Like how many times were the vibes immaculate with Don/Rudy, until they weren't, then it flipped again, and then again. To this day I think some will still attribute the lack of success to their lack of friendship, but I'm still going to attribute it to the lack of roster balance skill wise. They were not going to vibe their way into being able to play defense in the playoffs.

I don't think DLO is innocent and all clear of being challenging to work with either....but like half our rotation has had some kind of bad reputation at one point. They were clowns, unhappy malcontents, selfish.....whatever.
I understand. I just look at the vibes/culture in OKC and its part of why they have developed so quickly. It may not destroy the team to have malcontents and selfish people but it won't facilitate an environment where people can become the best they can be. I get its touchy feely stuff and there is a lot that goes into it. I just wouldn't want decision making to be centered around keeping Dlo happy. I think Will is much more capable than Quin in this department... so if you have a resource like that projects like Dlo are things you should consider.

Stuff can change so if we finesse our way to trading JC and getting a decent haul and receiving D-lo for value I think I'd give the thumbs up

Woj mentioned Jordan Clarkson and the Knicks again today. A lot of smoke there. Fournier plus a pick is what he said.
I wonder what is more important... the cap asset for matching salary, the fit with Thibs, or addressing the need for a scorer. Brown keeps being put in there and was actively recruiting himself to NY this weekend... he's the best placeholder for a big trade and best fit for Thibs personality... but they need someone more in the AB or JC mold to help the offense. AB's deal is also expiring so can't be used in a summer trade.

I think Fournier/Grimes/2024 first is a homerun personally. If we can get Fournier and a first I'd do it. Grimes is playing like dookie right now but I still like him long term.

We could also do a 4-team cluster F deal where picks and players are flying between Atlanta/LA/NY/Utah pretty easily. If Atlanta is done with Griffin that'd be another guy I'd buy low on. I hate JHS but he sounds like an absolute throw in instead of a guy that was drafted in the middle of a solid draft this year. Doing a 4 team deal and coming out with some combo of Grimes/pick/JHS/Griffin while removing protections from the Lakers pick would be real nice.

I do think he’s available. They have a cap crunch and some players coming up they need to get on the court. I would guess price isn’t cheap.
FWIW.
"The New Orleans Pelicans are not entertaining trade offers that involve defensive-minded forward Herb Jones, according to NBA insider Marc Stein.
"It was relayed to me in rather strong terms over the weekend that the Pelicans, contrary to one recent report, are not open to fielding offers on defensive ace Herb Jones," Stein wrote."

I understand. I just look at the vibes/culture in OKC and its part of why they have developed so quickly. It may not destroy the team to have malcontents and selfish people but it won't facilitate an environment where people can become the best they can be. I get its touchy feely stuff and there is a lot that goes into it. I just wouldn't want decision making to be centered around keeping Dlo happy. I think Will is much more capable than Quin in this department... so if you have a resource like that projects like Dlo are things you should consider.

Stuff can change so if we finesse our way to trading JC and getting a decent haul and receiving D-lo for value I think I'd give the thumbs up

I get it, I think I'm just more inclined to believe that Chet/Shai are good because they are good and that would have been the case anywhere. Dwight Howard was like an all time headache type personality, but there's a reason why he was able to lead the Magic to the finals. I think I believe more in good systems/opportunity more than the vibes themselves. If I believe in my coach/system/structure....I'm personally more inclined to go after the malcontents/bad rep guys instead of trying to raise the level with good vibes. Lauri is a perfect example of this. Sexton could also be seen as an example.

Here's what I think I know for sure:

- Dlo is gone.
- I think Rozier goes to the Heat. Sending Lowry for Rozier saves them a bunch of tax this year. Hornets clear the books (likely a sweetener coming their way).
- Murray is gone
- Brown gets moved somewhere.
- Fournier's deal gets moved somewhere.

I think those might be in the "virtual certainty" for me. I think you can connect a lot of those dots together and how they link together will be how the deadline shakes out.

Eff it... I'm in for the 4 team Murray/Clarkson/Dlo/Fournier deal if it lands Grimes/Dlo/remove protections on the 2027 pick. Get some seconds or if NY is dumb take the worst of their firsts this year on top as the icing.

Is this a thing you made up or an actual rumor?
Yes... there are rumors of these things happening... Murray to LA... needing a home for Dlo but needing to drop some assets to do it. NY being interested in JC... Utah interested in Grimes... I am gathering all the tea leaves and making tea. I am adding some sugar to make it drinkable cuz tea without it is garbage.