What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Separate the player from their personal life ATP. Kobe got to get a 21 gun salute when he died, and that man went thru rape allegations. Mike Tyson went to prison for rape, still considered many boxing fans favourite boxer. Josh Giddey is still in the NBA. Miles Bridges is still in the NBA. If the guy gets us closer to a championship then by all means bring him in. I'm not really interested in what these guys do off the court, I'm focused on what they bring to the team. Most NBA players (and athletes ) have skeleton bones in their closet that they don't want coming out.
Ok, and everyone has a right to pick and choose what they are and aren't ok with and that comes with different factors and that different for everyone.

Personally, I didn’t hear about the Malone issues until near the end of his career and it absolutely changed my opinion of him. I don’t own anything commemorating or celebrating him and if the team decided to have him join the organization in some way I’d be as bothered by it as I am the idea of adding Bridges.

I do think it is important to recognize context. Our society is going through an awakening that simply wasn’t there in the 1980s. I’m not defending him or the Jazz, but I think that context matters. As a society we should have known better then but we absolutely know better now.
100% this. I also view Malone differently now, but what do I know of living as a black man in the deep South in the 80s. Google his high school.. wasn’t it like a 30 person graduating class, or that might have been the total student body (no joke). A different world than what I know.

Separate the player from their personal life ATP. Kobe got to get a 21 gun salute when he died, and that man went thru rape allegations. Mike Tyson went to prison for rape, still considered many boxing fans favourite boxer. Josh Giddey is still in the NBA. Miles Bridges is still in the NBA. If the guy gets us closer to a championship then by all means bring him in. I'm not really interested in what these guys do off the court, I'm focused on what they bring to the team. Most NBA players (and athletes ) have skeleton bones in their closet that they don't want coming out.

I don't think people who see this as less black and white are hypocrites.

You can dislike Malone, dislike Bridges..and still like the Jazz. I don’t see how that’s a hypocrisy. You can even have different opinions on the two different things, it’s up to you. Liking the Jazz does not mean you justify the actions of all people related to the Jazz. I also think Larry Miller was a prick because he hit my brother with his car and checked on the car first lol. It’s not a black and white thing lmao.

Everyone can decide for themselves how they feel about these things.

We know that, unlike Lindsey, Ainge leaks consistently and constantly to the media. Everyone is wigging out about Bridges, but for all we know this is another smokescreen by the master to **** with New York.

Apples to apples, Bridges is on par with Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson. The trick is, that if you are going to be POS human being, you gotta play for a big market.

That being said, Bridges will never play for the Utah Jazz.

Hard pass. According to Fischer we're one of several teams who called about Bridges. Bridges has a no-trade clause so can't believe he would be interested in Utah.
If he agrees to a trade, his bird rights are gone. If he wants to get traded, he needs to go to a team with cap space that can pay him next season. We have cap space and I would not be surprised if we would agree to be traded to any team that has a need for a player like him and have cap space this off season.

Hiptoro says Clarkson + Simone for Rui, Gabriele, Claxson + 2009. That's a lot salary for the Jazz but..if we can get the 2007 lifted and get the 2009 unprotected then maybe I guess or maybe not.

Taylor would get more minutes so that is plus for the long-term.

Last edited:
Does it feel like the Nets are showcasing Simmons to Utah tonight by bringing him back now? I know that’s a reach on my part, I just hope he doesn’t look too tempting to DA.

They would have to give up something really substantial for us to take on that $40M contract for next year, that's for sure.
Those Dallas and Phoenix picks they have would be enticing for Ainge. Especially if we are building in the future for a trade for Luka. Just a thought. Don't Markkanen and Luka have some sort of friendship/agreement to play together?

Those Dallas and Phoenix picks they have would be enticing for Ainge. Especially if we are building in the future for a trade for Luka. Just a thought. Don't Markkanen and Luka have some sort of friendship/agreement to play together?
Dallas was rumored to be in trade talks in 2021 for Lauri, and Mavs being one of Lauri's favorite landing spots. But I guess Luka would be ok his #2 option is Lauri, elite off ball creator fits to his brand so well