What's new

Predict the Talen Horton-Tucker trade

From now on yes, I think their value will keep shifting. Previous to this season a no brainer. DFS is defn better defensively but Simone has been really good there and has a significantly better all round offensive game
Simone has barely shown an offensive game outside of shooting threes. You guys are making me sound like a Simone hater but the way you are talking about him is a little crazy.

DFS has slowed a bit. They will want picks and I ain’t with that. If we trade THT individually I bet it’s more of a money deal with a second coming back. No one will be trading for THT the player unfortunately

Simone has barely shown an offensive game outside of shooting threes. You guys are making me sound like a Simone hater but the way you are talking about him is a little crazy.
You clearly haven’t watched him play in Europe. Or with the Italian team. And he clearly has shown the ability to put it on the floor this season particularly lately. He’s had experience being the focal point of an offense at a high level of competition, where DFS is really strictly a 3&D catch and shoot guy on that end.

THT will have to go to a young team who isn't trying to win. Let's face it, the PG competition in UTA isn't fierce at all and he still can't get on the court. You have to scan the teams who are bad and might be willing to take a flier on him. Look for the older players on crappy rosters:

Delon Wright
Alec Burks
Doug McDermott
Luke Kennard

Of these guys, we could maybe reroute them to another team. I think Delon and Alec make a lot of sense for NYK and we get a second or two. I kinda wonder if those two might have a shot at starting over Dunn with us. Who knows. McDermott probably toast and no one wants him. Kennard we likely have to give up a second or two, but no spot in the rotation for him right now.

The other way to use THT would be simply as salary filler as he is an expiring contract. Either on his own or as a package deal, but if the Jazz aren't trying to break up the good vibes, I don't see the Jazz moving Clarkson or KO who would be the veterans other teams might have interest in. I could see them stacking THT with Clarkson or Olynyk in a trade to GSW. John Collins will not interest GSW. Remember, any future money for GSW is multiplied.

As far as the OP trade, that is more or less a straight up trade Simone for DFS, THT has no value. While Simone has played great, I think you're dreaming if he's built up enough of a reputation to yield DFS.

DFS was a starter and a key piece on a WCF team barely two seasons ago. He’s shooting 40.9% from 3 on 5.5 attempts this season and he’s a better defender than Simone.
Key piece is a stretch.

That's his best 3 point percentage of his career. I think we can tell what kind of shooter he is. He's streaky. He might be a better defender.

Either way it's hardly a difference between the two and I'll take the younger guy who's improving quickly, knows the system, fits with the team, and gets along well with our best player.

I think the top option for THT trade is "to get a guy" using his salary in that deal. I'm not sure if such a guy is out there rn though...

The second most likely scenario imo is that Ainge sells high on JC which opens up a role for THT.

I dont think he just dumps THTs expiring deal for seconds especially to take on some longer salary.

GSW want “a 7 footer who scores.” Well, since TU keeps saying 26 year old John Collins is “approaching 30,” could we say that 6’9” John Collins is “approaching 7’”?

View attachment 15749

Throw in a pick swap.
Dude you want to remove a deep bench guard to add two who need rotation minutes?

You must either love the 3 guard lineups, or then you have separate trade ideas to ship out some of the others.

If the Jazz actually care about winning they might just keep him.

He might not be playing now, but they are a Clarkson/Sexton injury away from needing him.

My guess is that he is only used in a trade if he is needed for matching salary.

He might not be playing now, but they are a Clarkson/Sexton injury away from needing him.

My guess is that he is only used in a trade if he is needed for matching salary.
I agree that tht would play if one of our guards got hurt.
But we wouldn't need him to play. Right now we are playing sexton, Dunn, keyonte, ochai, and Clarkson. 5 guards. If one were to go down we could just roll with 4 of those guys and increase each guys minutes. But I agree that Hardy would probably choose to play tht in that scenario

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

We’d probably have to add a pick to the deal and some of you are saying you’d rather have Simone straight up.
More incentive to keep Simone then. Simone is a good player and younger. And we probably need more time for Hendricks' development, who hopefully will be able to contribute a bit more next season

Trade THT to Sacramento for Vezenkov.

Why would we do it? Vezenkov is a rich man's Fontecchio. Good quick-release 3pts shooter, smart player who has been in lot of high pressure games in Europe. You cant have too many of those. Vezenkov is on a 3year 20 mil contract i.e. cheaper than THT this year.

Why would they do it? Seems Vezenkov is not in SACs plans as he is even getting DNPs lately. SAC gets a flyer on an intriguing player (THT) on expiring contract and they save some money in the next 2 years.

LOL

I wonder if we could trade him for Pat Beverley’s expired contract.

Dude you want to remove a deep bench guard to add two who need rotation minutes?

You must either love the 3 guard lineups, or then you have separate trade ideas to ship out some of the others.
It’s not this season that I have on my mind.

Key piece is a stretch.

That's his best 3 point percentage of his career. I think we can tell what kind of shooter he is. He's streaky. He might be a better defender.

Either way it's hardly a difference between the two and I'll take the younger guy who's improving quickly, knows the system, fits with the team, and gets along well with our best player.
I don’t think you or many people on here are actually familiar with DFS’s game and that’s ok.

You clearly haven’t watched him play in Europe. Or with the Italian team. And he clearly has shown the ability to put it on the floor this season particularly lately. He’s had experience being the focal point of an offense at a high level of competition, where DFS is really strictly a 3&D catch and shoot guy on that end.
Not sure why this got so many likes. I don’t know what Simone doing on his Italian team has to do with what he does in the NBA. If you watch him off the dribble it doesn’t look comfortable and looks awkward in the NBA.

Simone is great for what he is but he is the guy I would currently look at upgrading first.

DFS has slowed a bit. They will want picks and I ain’t with that. If we trade THT individually I bet it’s more of a money deal with a second coming back. No one will be trading for THT the player unfortunately
Why would they want picks if Simone is better and younger than DFS?