What's new

Question for Jazzfanz about Burks

Having a #5 pick, plus a #9 pick backing him up = right now, emphasis on the right now part, we are set at PG.
I disagree.
Right now we suck at pg and have tons of questions and uncertainty about the position.

We are hoping that exum pans out so that we can be set at pg in the future.

With the position-less/open-guard lineup that Q uses, I think you'll see plenty of Burks at the "1", alongside Hayward, Hood, Ingles, Exum or whoever is paying "2". Or, he'll play the "2", alongside Burke, Exum, or whoever is playing the "1".

Gotta get out of older patterns of thinking

The success of Alec's stint with this jazz team hinges on whether he can be a plus defender.

If he never develops good perimeter defense skills, he will not be able to start. There is no reason that Joe ****ing Ingles should be a better defender than him. But this year, Alec never really played very good D (to my recollection). He looked average, at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replacing him with Joe is probably the reason the Jazz won 38% before he got injured and 46% after. That's pretty damn good for a young team in the west with no real bench.

Replacing him with Joe is probably the reason the Jazz won 38% before he got injured and 46% after. That's pretty damn good for a young team in the west with no real bench.

I'd say that correlation is not causation, and we can't sensationalize/extrapolate to that extent.

Is Ingles better defensively than Burks? Probably. Is he solely responsible for an 8% swing? Nope.

I'd say that correlation is not causation, and we can't sensationalize/extrapolate to that extent.

Is Ingles better defensively than Burks? Probably. Is he solely responsible for an 8% swing? Nope.

Ingles is wayyy wayy better on defense than Burks. It's a legitimate question as to if Ingles is a better fit as a starter than Burks.

Ingles is wayyy wayy better on defense than Burks. It's a legitimate question as to if Ingles is a better fit as a starter than Burks.

I agree that Ingles might be the better starter (heh, remember how much you hated Joe when we signed him) and on the eye-test my memory seems to point to Ingles bein the better defender-- but I can't really be confident with that statement. I need to see them both play with Gobert next year. The better defender deserves to start.

I agree that Ingles might be the better starter (heh, remember how much you hated Joe when we signed him) and on the eye-test my memory seems to point to Ingles bein the better defender-- but I can't really be confident with that statement. I need to see them both play with Gobert next year. The better defender deserves to start.

How much I hated Joe?

No, how much I hated anyone saying Joe was better at anything than Hayward, which I have been proven right on.

How much I hated Joe?

No, how much I hated anyone saying Joe was better at anything than Hayward, which I have been proven right on.

You said he'd never be more than a 10th man