What's new

Rep is dumb.

Could somebody please explain to me what is "Rep Adjustment Power" ???

It is rep power. By putting it below Rep Level, mods probably think that they are making Rep Power look less important since Rep Level doesn't have a cap and hasn't been around for long. I support this change because I think how much you have been repped is a better representative of how you post than how much you can affect other peoples Rep Level.

It is rep power. By putting it below Rep Level, mods probably think that they are making Rep Power look less important since Rep Level doesn't have a cap and hasn't been around for long. I support this change because I think how much you have been repped is a better representative of how you post than how much you can affect other peoples Rep Level.

meh.

oJllSpm.gif

You should make rep adjustment power equal to total rep points, 1 for 1, and let chaos ensue.

I think there can be hell holes in rep points and adjustment level. For example when a poster is repped and surpassed a threshold but the points number is odd instead of even he loses one rep level backwards.

And if the up lifting vote is given by a poster he or she recently negged, then he or she loses all reputation.

I think people go up one rep level for each month they are a user, right? That to me is silly. In theory, should the God awful posters get rep points simply because they're on the board?

I don't like that but I guess it may have to do with encouraging Jazzfanz activity. The more hits the site gets, the more money the site can generate. Having said that, I don't think it helps in any positive way. The bad posters embrace the neg reps anyway and want to be negged.

Yes, that was basically the idea. And to help newcomers understand what the numbers refer to.

Rep pwr should be based on total rep points ONLY, and should not be capped.

Sometimes the simplest thing is what makes the most sense.

£¥£

This is all funny to me. Someone seems to have a little too much time on their hands....and has the need to control things a little too much.

Umm, sounds fair to me if that someone is one of the only two admins of the system and a group of people are meant to exploit the rep system to take the enthusiasm of it away.

Don't listen to me. I'm uneducated about the history between these guys.

On the other hand, his place had already become whatever it has been avoided of by the so called control freak, so why bother anything?

The rep system could also go like the train. On one moment that is only decided and forced by the round table admins and mods, the entire reputation hierarchy can go reverse for only that comission knows how long. That way, north colorado jazz can experience multiple personality disorders at a higher rate than he already is.