What's new

Rep is dumb.

Rep is dumb and it has ruined this site. It was 10X better before that system was instigated.

I will continue to speak with Colton about its abolishment.. until then, hang on bro. You and the no rep crew are making headway with rap.. it's a start.

Rep is dumb and it has ruined this site. It was 10X better before that system was instigated.

Really? I respectfully disagree.

Without the Rep system I think there will be a lot more 'dumb posts' floating around and there will be nothing anybody can do about it (except for posters to report them). This will create so much more work for Mods and Admin. For me personally one thing that's keeping me going "Dumb and Dumber" is knowing that I'd get a neg from many posters here who's watching me like a hawk.

I know personally I do feel lot more sense of responsibility to curb 'stupid posts' that don't necessarily warrant an infraction by 'negging' posts that deserve it.

Without the Rep system I think there will be a lot more 'dumb posts' floating around and there will be nothing anybody can do about it (except for posters to report them). This will create so much more work for Mods and Admin. For me personally one thing that's keeping me going "Dumb and Dumber" is knowing that I'd get a neg from many posters here who's watching me like a hawk.

I know personally I do feel lot more sense of responsibility to curb 'stupid posts' that don't necessarily warrant an infraction by 'negging' posts that deserve it.
Before the rep system there was a lot more conversation with differing opinions. Now it feels like a lot of poster just making popular posts to try and boost their rep. And never voicing an unpopular opinion because of potential rep hits. Rep power is also boosted by making more posts. Making it advantageous for some posters to put up mass amounts of posts whether they are adding anything to the site or not. I've never been big on popularity contest and that is essentially what the rep system has become.

Before the rep system there was a lot more conversation with differing opinions. Now it feels like a lot of poster just making popular posts to try and boost their rep. And never voicing an unpopular opinion because of potential rep hits. Rep power is also boosted by making more posts. Making it advantageous for some posters to put up mass amounts of posts whether they are adding anything to the site or not. I've never been big on popularity contest and that is essentially what the rep system has become.

Lol

99.9% of ppl post without any thought of rep. The rep just finds it's way to the posters who deserve it.

I, however am the .1%.

Everything I do is bout dat rep.

Lol

99.9% of ppl post without any thought of rep.
This
Anyone who posts a certain way specifically for rep reasons is an idiot.

I don't think anyone does that

1. Nobody I know post for rep. If I had done that I would be at 150 rep power by now.

2. Nobody 'make more posts' to boost rep. Again, if I had done that, I would be at 150 rep power by now.

Let's see.. if Rep system doesn't exist.. I can see someone saying to themselves:

1. I would be posting wayyyyyyyyy more. (throw crazy **** up, and see if they stick)

2. I would be posting more stupid and dumb **** (I'm an attention grabber/whore, why care?)

3. Discontinuing and re-registering new accounts almost every week (I've got no invested interest in a particular account, once I got sick of one, I can just create another).

1. Nobody I know post for rep. If I had done that I would be at 150 rep power by now.

2. Nobody 'make more posts' to boost rep. Again, if I had done that, I would be at 150 rep power by now.

Let's see.. if Rep system doesn't exist.. I can see someone saying to themselves:

1. I would be posting wayyyyyyyyy more. (throw crazy **** up, and see if they stick)

2. I would be posting more stupid and dumb **** (I'm an attention grabber/whore, why care?)

3. Discontinuing and re-registering new accounts almost every week (I've got no invested interest in a particular account, once I got sick of one, I can just create another).

So basically without rep everyone would be like you?

If this were true, you wouldn't post nearly as often. I am seeing some progress though!

I want to see Colton and jason come up with a way to have rep become random. Where every day, or even hour, everyone's rep is given out randomly.

One hour I have 22 rep and the next 87, then 55, then 14, then 100...
Just to read the complaints.

I want to see Colton and jason come up with a way to have rep become random. Where every day, or even hour, everyone's rep is given out randomly.

One hour I have 22 rep and the next 87, then 55, then 14, then 100...
Just to read the complaints.

I love chaos. In.

Went ahead and pos repped everyone in this thread except Colton until I ran out of rep. Will start again at Ugli's first postafter 24 hours.

Went ahead and pos repped everyone in this thread except Colton until I ran out of rep. Will start again at Ugli's first postafter 24 hours.

Did this again today. Still gotta rep ballpark frank for his unwaivering support of Colter.