What's new

Report - Simmons Won't Report

Yeah, maybe it's gonna be Kyrie for Simmons... I do believe Wiggins will come through at some point. He hoped for his religious exemption (WTF?), but now that it's out of the question, I figure he'll just man up and take the vaccine.

Seeing all of this from the relatively peaceful and not-polarized-to-death part of the world that is Norway is baffling, truly. The US had almost 50% vaccinated when we had, what? 20%, and probably less. Now we have 76% (one dose), 66% (fully) to the USA's 63/54, but not only that, that curve is _flat_, while we've just started on our <16s.

It's also interesting how Norway at no point has had anything even looking like a vaccine mandate. There are some guidelines giving health care employers the right to repurpose unvaccinated employees (very, very few) to non-contact jobs, but no one is getting fired. This has been very much intentional all along, with the theory that making the vaccine actually (realistically) voluntary will make more people take it. I think it's worked, but I do understand how it might not in a country as far gone into internal feuding as the US is.
That wouldn’t actually be such a bad idea for either side. Nets have plenty of scoring and ball handlers and could do with some defense. The Sixers would get a guard that can score and create in the half court. That’s assuming that Kyrie will actually be able to play at all unvaccinated and that Simmons finally found a shot he did take and is vaccinated.

He'd miss that one, too. Needle would end up going into the back of the chair. And he'd blame Embiid.
Dude is scared of every shot, at least he is consistent.

I heard he applied for a religious exception with the league to not have to take any shots this season. Seems reasonable as I know it is what a lot of Philly fans have been praying for.

Yeah, maybe it's gonna be Kyrie for Simmons... I do believe Wiggins will come through at some point. He hoped for his religious exemption (WTF?), but now that it's out of the question, I figure he'll just man up and take the vaccine.

Seeing all of this from the relatively peaceful and not-polarized-to-death part of the world that is Norway is baffling, truly. The US had almost 50% vaccinated when we had, what? 20%, and probably less. Now we have 76% (one dose), 66% (fully) to the USA's 63/54, but not only that, that curve is _flat_, while we've just started on our <16s.

It's also interesting how Norway at no point has had anything even looking like a vaccine mandate. There are some guidelines giving health care employers the right to repurpose unvaccinated employees (very, very few) to non-contact jobs, but no one is getting fired. This has been very much intentional all along, with the theory that making the vaccine actually (realistically) voluntary will make more people take it. I think it's worked, but I do understand how it might not in a country as far gone into internal feuding as the US is.
throw Australia in with the US in those terms

Dude is scared of every shot, at least he is consistent.

I heard he applied for a religious exception with the league to not have to take any shots this season. Seems reasonable as I know it is what a lot of Philly fans have been praying for.
Not just praying. I'm pretty sure there have been some human sacrifices.

The average Norwegian is significantly better educated than the average Australian or American
Norwegians are definitely have higher education that Americans on average, can't say I know much about Australia. Also, Norwegians in general have a pretty high trust and confidence in the government, which helps a bunch in situations like this.

Norwegians are definitely have higher education that Americans on average, can't say I know much about Australia. Also, Norwegians in general have a pretty high trust and confidence in the government, which helps a bunch in situations like this.
I think it goes beyond education and more towards your second point. Here in Mexico no one is questioning the use of masks as vaccionations rates go up or that somehow vaccinations are a suppresion of freedom. The education system here (and in some of the Latinamerican countries I've lived) is pretty mediocre but on the other hand, there is not self-entitlement or believe that "hey, the goverment can't tell me what to do, I know best".

Last edited:
At the same time, Wiggins is still not taking his vaccine, which seems to mean that unless he does, he's more or less finished with the Warriors. Can't practice with the team, can't play home games.

Feels like Wiggins for Simmons straight up, plus some picks heading Philly's way might be an option. Could be the Warriors give up some young piece, like Moody or Wiseman.
Steve Kerr said Wiggins got vaccinated, finally. I wonder who the last holdout will be.

Steve Kerr said Wiggins got vaccinated, finally. I wonder who the last holdout will be.
This is so obvious that I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic; it’s gonna be The Flat-Earther. His entire personality is built on being a contrarian *******.

This is so obvious that I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic; it’s gonna be The Flat-Earther. His entire personality is built on being a contrarian *******.
lmao, It's more that I didn't want to state the obvious. I legit wouldn't be surprised if he just retired tomorrow

Simmons is making himself untradeable
What team would want him now
Sixers won't get much for him now