What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

The #1 requester of geofence Google user data is California. Florida and Texas combined do not match California despite Florida and Texas combined having 25% more people living there. Six of the top Eight geofense Google requesters are abortion legal states that voted for Biden in the 2020 election. If this sort of police state big brother stuff worries you then vote the opposite of how California would vote.

geofence.gif
This is a non-issue as far as the abortion debate goes, imo. These requests are very common and have been an effective way to close out criminal cases. To take this data and to extrapolate it into, you know, obviously going after 14-year-old girls who might be seeking abortions across state lines is a huge over-reach.

I do have concerns about laws being passed fully criminalizing abortion, especially the ones that try to regulate abortion done in other states, where there are already laws protecting people from state laws when they cross state borders. To me the supreme court should get involved in some of these as to me they are clear over-reach by the states to control their populace beyond what is constitutionally allowed.

Unfortunately it is very common to just post for the headline as that's about as far as most people go into the story when cruising facebook or whatever.
haven’t the last few years proven that positions that were once seen as extremist on the right are now promoted as mainstream?

Remember back in the day when Republicans thought Russia was our #1 geopolitical enemy and now they cheer Putin?

Or remember when they supported the military now smear generals who didn’t go along with Trump’s attempt to overthrow the government?

Just because some state legislature failed to pass a bill a year or two ago doesn’t mean that that bill will stay dead forever. Hell, I’m old enough to remember on Jan 6 and 7 Lindsey Graham, Kevin McCarthy, etc swearing that they “were done” with Trump. Now what are they doing?

The truth is, the incentive structure is such that Republicans will be rewarded by primary voters for the most anti-abortion positions possible. So if they feel like passing such legislation might improve their chances of obtaining higher office or appearing on Fox News, then they’ll do it. I think the next phase that we’re looking at will be Republicans adding more and more enforcement on anti-abortion. That means using cellphone data, bounties, and other punitive measures on doctors. And using their Supreme Court to enforce their agenda; Obergefell and Griswald in particular.

This is a non-issue as far as the abortion debate goes, imo. These requests are very common and have been an effective way to close out criminal cases. To take this data and to extrapolate it into, you know, obviously going after 14-year-old girls who might be seeking abortions across state lines is a huge over-reach.
Geofence information should require a warrant, and you are unlikely to get a warrant to a crime that has not yet happened.

I do have concerns about laws being passed fully criminalizing abortion, especially the ones that try to regulate abortion done in other states, where there are already laws protecting people from state laws when they cross state borders. To me the supreme court should get involved in some of these as to me they are clear over-reach by the states to control their populace beyond what is constitutionally allowed.
Why wouldn’t the Supreme Court side with Republican state legislatures? They clearly aren’t motivated by any particular ideology (like state’s rights). Had they been motivated by state’s rights why would they have ruled against NY’s gun regulation laws?

They’re making rulings based on personal opinions. They found abortion to be icky and prayer to be nice. They’re even lying about them at times to get desired results. This ruling is what, like two weeks old?

View: https://twitter.com/miketango22202/status/1548762787811246080?s=21&t=XUVXZC2Aiu1lu6iOS6_XWQ

So why wouldn’t they pull another ruling out of their asses to support whatever draconian anti abortion laws that their team passes at the state level?

Funny thing is that of all the things thriller posted, this one concerned me the least. Not much of a scare tactic for me as i have never cared if my location is tracked.

Now, wanting the death penalty for someone who gets an abortion, that seems like a big deal to me.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
What’s more pro life than killing people for getting medical care? Even if the death penalty isn’t ever used, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to predict what kind of effect this will have on medical providers and women needing health care.

Geofence information should require a warrant, and you are unlikely to get a warrant to a crime that has not yet happened.
Does the law need to be enforced to have its desired chilling effect?

I’m not sure if there’s a law against teaching CRT in Utah and what the penalties are. But the effect it has had on educators and what they’re teaching has been profound. I’ve talked to former colleagues who now dance around slavery and civil rights issues over fear of being accused of teaching CRT. Slavery is part of the 8th grade US History I curriculum and CR is part of the 11th grade US History II. However, many educators are scared now of teaching their own approved curriculum.

Yes and currently it does require a warrant to my knowledge. However in a highly-partisan situation that is entirely feasible depending on the situation. I just don't ever see that being a significant part of enforcement of abortion "crimes".

I don’t have to drag you. If Al or I post anything, it’s your bat signal to jump in and defend anyone we are debating. I knew you would show up quickly.
Perhaps you two should stop posting slanted and deceptive information, then, if my responses bother you. I certainly don't track who responds to my posts, or why. I just gave you some likes before I saw the post calling me out, because I thought you were correct in your responses. Be correct more often, you'll here less from me.

Perhaps you two should stop posting slanted and deceptive information, then, if my responses bother you. I certainly don't track who responds to my posts, or why. I just gave you some likes before I saw the post calling me out, because I thought you were correct in your responses. Be correct more often, you'll here less from me.

You miscategorized me. I don’t post slanted and deceptive information. I don’t post all the time but I do post when someone (mostly thriller) is being slanted, misleading or lying about a topic and call them out like I did today. Just like I called you out when you said FL’s bill was a grooming bill. I even stated the bill wasn’t an anti-grooming bill.
I’m middle ground on most topics and agree with views on the left and right.

This forum is an echo chamber of the left and you are apart of it. Everyone tries to attack someone who has a slightly right leaning view.

It’s great to listen to opposing views on topics. Just like business, it’s bad business if everyone is a Yes man. I just find it funny that every time Al makes a post, you rush in to combat him.

You miscategorized me.
Perhaps so. I'll try to keep a more open mind.

This forum is an echo chamber of the left and you are apart of it. Everyone tries to attack someone who has a slightly right leaning view.
I remember when this forum was an echo chamber for the right.

Have you been attacked? There have been a couple of posters who seem deliberately deceptive, but I've never thought of you in that category.

It’s great to listen to opposing views on topics. Just like business, it’s bad business if everyone is a Yes man. I just find it funny that every time Al makes a post, you rush in to combat him.
@Al-O-Meter 's posts are often deliberately deceptive.

Truly, I hope republicans run on this this midterm (they’re dropping the facade of “state’s rights” and are already pushing for a national ban) and I hope voters are paying attention. Abortion bans without any exception for rape and incest?

U.S. Rep. Michael Guest, R-Miss., is pushing for Congress to adopt a nationwide ban on abortion once cardiac activity becomes detectable, or around the sixth week of pregnancy. The legislation is H.R. 705, The Heartbeat Protection Act.

“Our (U.S. Supreme) Court supports life,” Guest said on the U.S. House floor Monday. He said its decision to allow state abortion bans to go forward in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization last month means “we now have a legal system that has opened the door for a wave of pro-life support.”

Mississippi adopted a similar “heartbeat” law in 2019 that courts quickly blocked, citing the now-defunct Roe v. Wade precedent. While doctors can detect early cardiac activity at six weeks, “heartbeat” is a misnomer because a heart has not formed at that stage.

No Rape, Incest Exceptions​

Like the Mississippi law, the federal abortion ban Guest is co-sponsoring includes no exceptions for abortions in cases of rape or incest.

One of the best ways to prevent abortion is to use contraception. But even contraception Repubs are against. Only 8 Repubs voted with Dems just now to keep contraception legal…

CNN)The House voted Thursday to pass a bill that would guarantee access to contraception by protecting the right to buy and use contraceptives without government restriction.
The final vote was 228-195.
Eight Republicans crossed over to vote with Democrats.
I know gas prices and inflation. But if our country gives Repubs the power, they’re going to Ban this stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1550145770283827200?s=21&t=-IrBkX-o_z8YDABWEe7mSw

Keep this in mind come fall!

One of the best ways to prevent abortion is to use contraception. But even contraception Repubs are against. Only 8 Repubs voted with Dems just now to keep contraception legal…

I know gas prices and inflation. But if our country gives Repubs the power, they’re going to Ban this stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1550145770283827200?s=21&t=-IrBkX-o_z8YDABWEe7mSw

Keep this in mind come fall!

To me this kind of thing just confirrms that our politics are no longer about any real issues but rather about knocking the other side down. All they care about is party line and even if the party line isn't clear the next step is vote against anything the other party wants. I mean, I guess contraception is ok, no big deal....wait a minute, they want to make a law about it? Well **** THAT!!! Where is that ****ing no button?!?!?

Can I say that I hate that all these GIF websites have now made it impossible to embed gifs anymore? ****ers.

To me this kind of thing just confirrms that our politics are no longer about any real issues but rather about knocking the other side down. All they care about is party line and even if the party line isn't clear the next step is vote against anything the other party wants. I mean, I guess contraception is ok, no big deal....wait a minute, they want to make a law about it? Well **** THAT!!! Where is that ****ing no button?!?!?

Can I say that I hate that all these GIF websites have now made it impossible to embed gifs anymore? ****ers.

I think one could describe this as being reactionary. They don’t have any conservative ideology anymore. It’s just reactionary. Whatever the other team is proposing, they’re against.

Oh so you want contraception? Nope!
Oh you want to legislate gay marriage? No way.
Guns? Nope, states can’t handle that only the federal government.
Abortion? Nope, federal government can’t handle that it’s a state right issue.

We need a healthy two party system but we sadly don’t have that right now.

View: https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1550893036103663618?s=21&t=MUJ4RIAcSWgjHIOvAum0BQ

And why shouldn’t it be? If abortion isn’t specifically mentioned in the constitution then most “rights” we’ve gained in the last 200 years should be left to the states. Interracial marriage is an easy choice. Why isn’t it considered a state issue? If you believe abortion should be a state issue then why isn’t contraception, desegregation, and all marriage laws (gay and/or interracial) be decided by states?

And why stop there? Abolish the FDA. Having safe food and drugs isn’t specifically mentioned in the constitution. Let every state monitor its drugs and food. Let every state choose its own currency. The interstate highway system isn’t mentioned by the constitution, so abolish all federal funding of roads. Abolish all national parks, you know, state’s rights. Social security and Medicare/Medicaid aren’t specifically mentioned in the constitution. So return the responsibility of paying for grandma’s healthcare to states, families, and churches. Let’s go back to the articles of confederation and let every state be it’s one country.

Last edited:
And why stop there? Abolish the FDA. Having safe food and drugs isn’t specifically mentioned in the constitution. Let every state monitor its drugs and food.
It is covered under Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the constitution. The remainder of the rant is also uninformed but here is a possibly related story:

Thankfully it appears parents are realizing what a bad idea is was to fill the teaching ranks with uninformed individuals who put more effort into twitter-fueled indoctrination than in to actually teaching math and reading. Even before COVID-19 gave teachers the excuse to make it harder for students to learn, the poor quality of teachers was having an impact.

It is covered under Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the constitution. The remainder of the rant is also uninformed but here is a possibly related story:

Thankfully it appears parents are realizing what a bad idea is was to fill the teaching ranks with uninformed individuals who put more effort into twitter-fueled indoctrination than in to actually teaching math and reading. Even before COVID-19 gave teachers the excuse to make it harder for students to learn, the poor quality of teachers was having an impact.

Looks like more inequality at play.

Test results are still divided along lines of race and wealth. The majority of minority, low-income or first-generation students met one or zero of the College Readiness Benchmarks.

Hispanic, and more so, African American students continue to lag behind their white and Asian American counterparts. Just over half of the 2019 graduates who took the test were white.

Too bad these kids don't have the advantages the white students do. If we could balance that out it would create an immediate gain the test results. Not sure how much that has to do with bad teachers.

Thankfully it appears parents are realizing what a bad idea is was to fill the teaching ranks with uninformed individuals who put more effort into twitter-fueled indoctrination than in to actually teaching math and reading.
Putting aside you ignorance/mischaracterization of what schools of education teach, does this mean you oppose how Florida is responding to the teacher shortage?