What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

You are likely right, but NOLA could trade AD prior to the deadline if they are struggling. Many speculate that Boston has the best chance to trade for him. And they could offer him more before the deadline than they could later. Rozier isn't a big trade chip, but they could add him to their 3 first rounders this year, Brown and maybe more.

Considering Randle and Mirotic could leave this summer, NOLA is really risking a lot by waiting until the summer.

They can't trade for AD until Kyrie is a FA. See the above post... the CBA literally prohibits it unless Kyrie was in the trade. Which is another reason to wait.

They should move Rozier for another first for another liquid asset to throw in the pot when the time comes.

They can't trade for AD until Kyrie is a FA. See the above post... the CBA literally prohibits it unless Kyrie was in the trade. Which is another reason to wait.

They should move Rozier for another first for another liquid asset to throw in the pot when the time comes.
So is the dream of Hayward in New Orleans now dead?

I didn't know about a CBA rules that says you can't trade like that. The Rose Rule - crazy.

Learn something new every day

I didn't know about a CBA rules that says you can't trade like that. The Rose Rule - crazy.

Learn something new every day

Don't beat yourself up on it... I heard it in a podcast with some serious CBA nerds.

So is the dream of Hayward in New Orleans now dead?

Nah... he'd likely be the trade fodder this summer in an AD trade. They can re-sign Kyrie then trade for AD because Kyrie won't be on the 5 year extension he signed with a different team.

It is absolutely alive and well.

Wtf? Cba can literally tell teams what specific player can be involved in a trade? That doesn't seem right. Pretty ****ed up really.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wtf? Cba can literally tell teams what specific player can be involved in a trade? That doesn't seem right. Pretty ****ed up really.

The CBA is funny that way. They try to legislate certain things to save teams from themselves or to help certain markets retain guys... and then it backfires.

The CBA is funny that way. They try to legislate certain things to save teams from themselves or to help certain markets retain guys... and then it backfires.
So you are telling me that you can show me something in the cba that says "if the pelicans want to trade Anthony Davis then it can only be for Kyrie Irving"?

From reading this it looks like the only way Boston can get ad is by using Kyrie.
But the pelicans can still trade the brow for a player or players that are not named Kyrie if it's with a non Celtics team right?

I thought HH was saying that the cba only allows the pelicans to trade ad for Kyrie out of all the players in the NBA. That would be really weird

So you are telling me that you can show me something in the cba that says "if the pelicans want to trade Anthony Davis then it can only be for Kyrie Irving"?

You can acquire one guy on a designated 5 year contract through trade... Boston did that with Kyrie. AD is on a 5 year deal and thus Boston can't trade for him unless Kyrie is moved (I'd assume in the same deal). Once Kyrie re-signs with Boston this year they are free from that restriction because he's no longer under the 5 year contract.

So it isn't just AD... they couldn't trade for Wiggins or some other dude on a 5 year designated player contract.

I’m so hard up for Tobias Harris, and so annoyed the clippers are a great team this year, but hearing this morning the clippers are hard up wanting to sign both Leonard and Durant in the offseason. I’m guessing this would mean Tobias is out and free to sign with another team, though I have to admit, I really don’t want to see Durant and Leonard playing on the same team.

I’m so hard up for Tobias Harris, and so annoyed the clippers are a great team this year, but hearing this morning the clippers are hard up wanting to sign both Leonard and Durant in the offseason. I’m guessing this would mean Tobias is out and free to sign with another team, though I have to admit, I really don’t want to see Durant and Leonard playing on the same team.
Tobias Harris would be pretty perfect. His age, fit, skills, etc.

The Lakers and Clippers could be pretty damn scary next year. If the Lakers get AD to go with Kuzma and LeBron plus the Clippers get KD and Kawhi to go with Gilchrest, the West is simply ridiculous.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We all want Harris or Mirotic but we're the jazz. We need to lower our expectations to someone 2 keys below that player if anyone

If there is a way to take advantage of the clipper pipe dream then we should do it... they ain’t getting KD and Kawhi... maybe Kawhi.

Windhorst mentioned Kawhi doesn’t like KD because he called him a system player... in addition to dealing with two strange/somewhat difficult personalities and managing the cap mechanics of such a move it is a pie in the sky vision that has very little chance of happening.

If there is a way to take advantage of the clipper pipe dream then we should do it... they ain’t getting KD and Kawhi... maybe Kawhi.

Windhorst mentioned Kawhi doesn’t like KD because he called him a system player... in addition to dealing with two strange/somewhat difficult personalities and managing the cap mechanics of such a move it is a pie in the sky vision that has very little chance of happening.

I don't think the Clippers get KD and Kawhi. I think Tobias will stay there unless the Clippers go on some massive losing streak.

The trade target for us could be Gallinari if the Clippers can actually lure a big free agent to join Harris but want the cap room/starting spot that Gallinari occupies.