What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

PG who can:

- Defend point of attack
- Facilitate
- Shoot 40% on 3s when guys go under high screen
- Shoot 50% on midrange when guys go over

No handles required, no flash, no behind the back passes.. just simple efficient shooting.

The answer is Jrue Holiday. I think NOLA is going to trade AD to LA by the deadline. More than likely, Ball and Ingram will headline that deal making Jrue expendable for a NOLA rebuild.

His contract is big, but his fit is perfect. Send some combo of Favors, Exum and Rubio plus a 1st for Jrue.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The answer is Jrue Holiday. I think NOLA is going to trade AD to LA by the deadline. More than likely, Ball and Ingram will headline that deal making Jrue expendable for a NOLA rebuild.

His contract is big, but his fit is perfect. Send some combo of Favors, Exum and Rubio plus a 1st for Jrue.

Whoa. Quite the prediction.

The Celtics went from asset rich to asset questionable: https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/12/04/the-problem-with-the-celtics-future/

"Timing is the issue: Contracts are expiring. Al Horford and Irving can opt out of their contracts before July. Brown is slumping. Terry Rozier is due a big payday.

Boston has managed its assets well to build what should be a powerhouse, but suddenly its treasure chest of first-round picks is depreciating. Simultaneously, the Los Angeles Clippers (15-7), Memphis Grizzlies (13-9) and even Sacramento Kings (11-11) are playing well. The Celtics are owed picks from each team, which could result in too many mid-level first-rounders in the 2019 draft."

So let's trade Thabo and 2nd rounders to Philly for Fultz then shelve Fultz until March.

Malcolm brogdon at PG next to Mitchell is the answer. Jazz will have to over pay but his shooting will open up lanes for Mitchell and gobert.

Go out and get porter jr and then you have 3 40% 3 point shooters in the starting line up

Brogdon, Darius Garland, Neto
Mitchell, O,neale, Allen
Ingles, Korver, oubre
Porter, crowder, niang
Gobert, free agent, killian tillie (2nd round)

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I would happily take Ntilikina and Dotson.

Dotson's not a bad player, though I don't think he'd get minutes on the Jazz. Ntilikina on the other hand is awful. He reminds me of an even worse version of Dante Exum. He's a horrible shooter, and I think the Jazz already have too many point guards that cant shoot.

Dotson's not a bad player, though I don't think he'd get minutes on the Jazz. Ntilikina on the other hand is awful. He reminds me of an even worse version of Dante Exum. He's a horrible shooter, and I think the Jazz already have too many point guards that cant shoot.

I think Mitchell would absolutely love it if we added Frank. They are really close and I think we could groom him. He's a young 20 year old. Just because he is similar to Exum doesn't mean he's Exum. Frank is low risk potentially high reward.

I really like Dotson. We could get him and have him for 2 seasons at an O'Neale type bargain contract.

Can we start a new thread? This ones's pretty long and needs are different post Korver trade.
I've posted here for 10 years and somehow can't make new threads.

The names I keep seeing are

Holiday
Mirotic
Porter
Beal
Bobby Portis
Hardaway Jr.
Olynyk

Can we start a new thread? This ones's pretty long and needs are different post Korver trade.
I've posted here for 10 years and somehow can't make new threads.

The names I keep seeing are

Holiday
Mirotic
Porter
Beal
Bobby Portis
Hardaway Jr.
Olynyk

I will start a trade deadline addition thread

If we replaced Favors with this guy, we get the scoring punch we need. Yes, we will take a small step back defensively, but offensively, we need a player like this. Since an ideal stretch 4 isn't out there, let's go get Randle. He is comfortable on the ball, off the dribble, posting up, rolling off the PnR, etc. He hasn't even hit his prime yet. I think he's going to opt out and go to the highest bidder.

https://sportando.basketball/en/julius-randle-four-consecutive-games-with-at-least-27-points/

- his first two highlights are ridiculous (step back 20 footer and running the break lob to AD).

If we replaced Favors with this guy, we get the scoring punch we need. Yes, we will take a small step back defensively, but offensively, we need a player like this. Since an ideal stretch 4 isn't out there, let's go get Randle. He is comfortable on the ball, off the dribble, posting up, rolling off the PnR, etc. He hasn't even hit his prime yet. I think he's going to opt out and go to the highest bidder.

https://sportando.basketball/en/julius-randle-four-consecutive-games-with-at-least-27-points/

- his first two highlights are ridiculous (step back 20 footer and running the break lob to AD).
He is playing so well that the pelicans probably keep him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He is playing so well that the pelicans probably keep him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He has a player option at only $9 million which I doubt he takes. The AD situation will be fascinating. If AD declines the mega extension (if he is still there in the summer), then NOLA will trade him. They have to.

Then Randle situation could put NOLA on the hot seat. If AD stays on a mega deal, does NOLA fork out a bunch of money to keep Randle? Do they pay Mirotic who is probably more affordable? If AD leaves, do they overpay Randle to stay relevant?

Either way, Mirotic or Randle will be available.

Unless NOLA goes on a run and gets into the top 4 area of the West, they would be idiotic to keep AD past the deadline. Rumors are already flying:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...es-Los-Angeles-Lakers-trade-Anthony-Davis/amp

I think LA has better assets than Boston.

No way AD is traded this year. Ain't happening. Boston can't even make an offer unless it includes Kyrie until this summer (can't acquire two guys on max extensions of their rookie deal through trade... which lifts this summer when Kyrie re-signs or hits FA).

NO can wait until AD turns down the mega max extension then they will have more bidders and get a better return. Boston has more draft assets they can throw into a deal with Brown or Tatum if they go all in on an offer. At very least you want them at the table with LA.

I like Randle... have been firmly on the Favors is better than Randle bandwagon, but dude has really put in work on his body and game. Very impressed with him. Could have pouted with the situation in LA and just came in and did work.

Not sure he's the answer, but I'd be intrigued at seeing if the fit worked. Has more of the playmaking that Favs lacks, but I think Favs is a much better defender. Been watching Favs on the perimeter a bit more and it's impressive how well he moves and how much effort he gives.

No way AD is traded this year. Ain't happening. Boston can't even make an offer unless it includes Kyrie until this summer (can't acquire two guys on max extensions of their rookie deal through trade... which lifts this summer when Kyrie re-signs or hits FA).

NO can wait until AD turns down the mega max extension then they will have more bidders and get a better return. Boston has more draft assets they can throw into a deal with Brown or Tatum if they go all in on an offer. At very least you want them at the table with LA.

You are likely right, but NOLA could trade AD prior to the deadline if they are struggling. Many speculate that Boston has the best chance to trade for him. And they could offer him more before the deadline than they could later. Rozier isn't a big trade chip, but they could add him to their 3 first rounders this year, Brown and maybe more.

Considering Randle and Mirotic could leave this summer, NOLA is really risking a lot by waiting until the summer.