What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

We need to acquire Furkan Korkmaz. An athletic shooter that might become a solid part on a playoff team. Well-educated, humble kid with stellar work ethic.
He's undervalued and underdeveloped. But he has a ton of experience overseas. He needs to spend some time with a real development program like of the Utah Jazz.
PHI didn't pick up his rookie option which means he'll be a UFA next off-season.

247721.jpg

My wish is Malcolm Brogdon: young, but savvy and steady; can play either PG or SG and would mesh well with Mitchell, IMO. He also seems to make a discernible effort to score from inside when lay-ups are available — which would be a very good thing, especially for a team like these Jazz. I wonder also if Brogdon's tendency to look for the lay-up is not an influence of Stockton, because, when he was a rookie, the former Jazz player was at training camp with the Bucks and worked with the guards.

I know this may sound hot take-ish, and he has yet to play this season, but should we have made a small offer to IT this offseason? Bench scoring.

We need to acquire Furkan Korkmaz. An athletic shooter that might become a solid part on a playoff team. Well-educated, humble kid with stellar work ethic.
He's undervalued and underdeveloped. But he has a ton of experience overseas. He needs to spend some time with a real development program like of the Utah Jazz.
PHI didn't pick up his rookie option which means he'll be a UFA next off-season.

247721.jpg

Has Philly gave him any meaningful minutes this year or is it all garbage time minutes?

My wish is Malcolm Brogdon: young, but savvy and steady; can play either PG or SG and would mesh well with Mitchell, IMO. He also seems to make a discernible effort to score from inside when lay-ups are available — which would be a very good thing, especially for a team like these Jazz. I wonder also if Brogdon's tendency to look for the lay-up is not an influence of Stockton, because, when he was a rookie, the former Jazz player was at training camp with the Bucks and worked with the guards.

Milwaukee didn't give him an extension, must have not been sold on him. They will now face a Hayward like situation with him, and have to pay way more than they wanted to on him. Drilling his 3s at near 50% is going to earn him a lot of cheddar this offseason.

Can anybody tell me how Gary Clark's 2-way with the Rockets works, is he signable after his 45 days with the main squad? If he is I'd love to bring him in.

Mine too

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz need someone somewhere in the lineup who can take advantage of scoring opportunities off the dribble, someone besides Donovan. Quin's system creates space and movement. It opens seams and gets guys a half step or full step ahead of their defender. The problem is that we don't have anyone besides Donovan who can take a couple dribbles, step into the pocket of space created and score the ball, either in the mid-range or by getting all the way to the rim. If we had a 6'8" wing who could do that, it would be pretty ideal.

The Jazz need someone somewhere in the lineup who can take advantage of scoring opportunities off the dribble, someone besides Donovan. Quin's system creates space and movement. It opens seams and gets guys a half step or full step ahead of their defender. The problem is that we don't have anyone besides Donovan who can take a couple dribbles, step into the pocket of space created and score the ball, either in the mid-range or by getting all the way to the rim. If we had a 6'8" wing who could do that, it would be pretty ideal.

grayson can do all the above, but his defense is keeping him off the floor

grayson can do all the above, but his defense is keeping him off the floor

Hayward used to do it all the time, taking advantage of open looks at the elbow. Ingles uses space well, but he either lobs or goes all the way for a layup. He doesn't have much in between.

PG who can:

- Defend point of attack
- Facilitate
- Shoot 40% on 3s when guys go under high screen
- Shoot 50% on midrange when guys go over

No handles required, no flash, no behind the back passes.. just simple efficient shooting.

George Hill still gets a lot of love on here because he was the perfect PG for Snyders system. Still glad he isnt here though, love the skillset but wasnt made of the right stuff.

Feels like DM could do all this... is it a case of simplifying his role when playing the point??