What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

If DL can't find a max contract level player to pair with Donovan and Rudy before Donovan's rookie deal is up, then we need a new GM. Luckily, there are multiple ways to acquire such a player. I'd love to see a meaningful FA signing or trade at some point during his tenure, we can't expect to only acquire players through the draft.

If DL can't find a max contract level player to pair with Donovan and Rudy before Donovan's rookie deal is up, then we need a new GM. Luckily, there are multiple ways to acquire such a player. I'd love to see a meaningful FA signing or trade at some point during his tenure, we can't expect to only acquire players through the draft.

I'm a big DL fan, I think he's done a great job for the most part, but I 100% agree with this. We HAVE to find that third piece to go with Rudy and Donovan while Donovan is still on his rookie deal, if we don't then we are screwed.

700524775.jpg

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. DL kept the ship afloat when team's #1 guy bolted last season. You can't see such smooth transition that often.
It's actually great that he's patient. Because the cemetery is full of GMs that pulled the 'win now' trigger earlier than they should.

DL has kept the ship afloat and moving the ole Viking way of many with oars, but I think I speak for many on here when I say that his approach has not been aggressive enough to make us contenders. We need to sacrifice some oars in the hopes we get a motor.

Gobert has said he expects to win a title here. Well, moves that DL makes before this coming deadline will tell me all I need to know about those intentions. We have had some amazing expiring deals the last few years and we never used them to gain a better asset.

When hardly any team had money last summer, we didn't use our money for a Bjelica or any other. We actually just swapped Jerekbo for Niang and Stockton for Grayson. That's it. Sad really...

If we don't try something big with all the expirings of Burks, Favors, Thabo, Udoh, Neto and even Rubio, I think he has failed Ingles and Rudy who honestly only have a couple years playing at their current level. We can't hope and pray for another Mitchell when we have only drafted a couple guys that good in our franchise history. Expecting anything from Free Agency is simply foolish.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

What if I told you that you could have Beal for a couple firsts... Grayson Allen and a bunch of expirings...

What if I told you instead you could have a player of similar size, similar production this year, only one year older for just expirings... this payer also makes $8M less than Brad...

Which option you prefer?
I honestly love beal, but we just need another scorer badly

I honestly love beal, but we just need another scorer badly

I’d go get Tim Hardaway was what I was hinting at. I think his contract is viewed as negatively but holy **** look at what the guy is doing. I’d go get him now before they decide they can’t do any better in FA. If they moved him they are in range of being able to clear two max spots. He might be this years Oladipo... okay maybe not that much improvement but he’s now in his prime and seems to have figured some things out.

I’d go get Tim Hardaway was what I was hinting at. I think his contract is viewed as negatively but holy **** look at what the guy is doing. I’d go get him now before they decide they can’t do any better in FA. If they moved him they are in range of being able to clear two max spots. He might be this years Oladipo... okay maybe not that much improvement but he’s now in his prime and seems to have figured some things out.

I get your logic, it makes sense and cents lol

For what it’s worth. Bill Simmons has mentioned Hardaway to the Jazz at least twice. And not in a column with a bunch of trades he’ll say “I feel like they have a trade to make, Tim Haradaway makes a lot of sense” or something like that.

Hasn’t specifically mentioned any other players regarding the Jazz and trades.

For what it’s worth. Bill Simmons has mentioned Hardaway to the Jazz at least twice. And not in a column with a bunch of trades he’ll say “I feel like they have a trade to make, Tim Haradaway makes a lot of sense” or something like that.

Hasn’t specifically mentioned any other players regarding the Jazz and trades.

Now I know it is a bad idea and will never happen... kidding... kind of.

In january if the situation has not improved :
Burks+O'Neale+Favors for Porter+Satoransky

Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Porter/Gobert
Exum/Sato/Sefolosha/Crowder/Udoh
Neto/Allen/Niang/Bradley

The Tim Hardaway situation intrigues me. He is a good player and I think he is worth his contract.

There have been numerous reports about the Knicks wanting to clear the books of Courtney Lee by the deadline. I have always liked Lee as a player.

If we could use the expirings of Favors and Burks to get Hardaway and Lee in January, that would give us so much offensive talent and veteran leadership for a run this year. And New York would have money for two max stars this summer to put with Porzingis.

u wont see hardaway here....he's good buddies with trey burke, im sure burke has filled his head with nothing but negativity with the jazz.

u wont see hardaway here....he's good buddies with trey burke, im sure burke has filled his head with nothing but negativity with the jazz.

This might be true if he was a free agent but it shouldn't have any effect on whether or not we trade for him.

I don't know if he still believes we were out to get him. Also, Tim has known him a while... so he has dealt with Trey's irrational confidence.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-gauging-the-top-wizards-trade-value/

"The real X-factor to a potential Beal trade would come down to who would be willing to take Ian Mahinmi’s contract with him. If the Wizards rebuild, they’ll want to carve out some salary cap space. The first team to agree to absorb Mahinmi’s contract may be the winner in the Beal sweepstakes."

Rubio, Burks, Bradley and 2 1st rounders for Beal and Mahinmi. C'mon DL